It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is hard water ruining your skin and hair?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

For a while, we had a whole house water filter that removed chorline but no minerals (as a water softener would do) and skin and hair in the family was much better, softer and shimier.

Personally I don't think it has as much to do with water 'hardness' (mineral) content as it does to do with added water 'purifiers'.

Probably a combination of both in the final analysis.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The minerals listed in the OP are not harmful for skin. But hard water does not lather as much, so people tend to use more soap. Soaps can be very bad for skin and hair. Most conditioners are needed because of shampoos, and skin oils are lost because of soaps being used every day in showers.

I would be more concerned over the chlorine and flouride in water hurting your skin and hair. Even that is not so much a problem if you are not washing every day.

There are some moisturizers and conditioners that are good, but lots of them have chemistry that is bad for you too, I do not study particulars about those. I do know that stripping human squalene out of the skin by bathing every day can increase cancer risk in people who are prone to skin cancer. The soap is disolving a lipid chemistry that helps fight off cancer.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

In the country, in the middle of MI. I'm guessing its legal, as the house passed inspection when we bought it, in 98, and our neighbors well is the same depth.
We had a quote done, to go down to 75, but it was like 8 grand.
I can't even imagine how expensive 850 feet would be.

I don't think that depth would be needed. We have so much water around here. I think there are like 10 gravel pits around here in a 20 mile radius.

Our well is seventy feet deep and the water almost comes up to the surface. I like the taste of our water, but occasionally some clay falls into the underground river and our water changes color for a short time. The river supplies many springs that supply creeks in this area, we live high on a hill. I do not know where that river comes from, water does not run up hill unless under pressure. Our neighbors do not have very good recovery on their wells, they are not in the river.

Our well can go dry if the river goes away. We have been lucky so far, nothing has caused the river to go dry.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

To anyone who wasn't used to living with unshowered people, you would smell god damn aweful
. I guess if you can be self-employed it would work.

Why do you think perfume was invented???

People stunk so bad even small animals would run away!

I always laugh when I see re-enactions of those 16th and 17th century galas and balls where everyone would be all dressed up with their wigs and big clothes. The wigs covered up their hair which was falling out, and the whole room smelled of giant ass. Their breath smelled like last weeks shrimp (left in the sun), and their, ahem, their....well, 'nether regions' sure as hell didn't smell like flowers!

Hey bay-bee...let's dance!

And those fresh as a daisy wild west hookers. HOLY COW they mustve been ripe. I read they put oil cloth on the foot of the "bed" becasue the cowboys never took their boots off and tore up the bedding. Probably a small mercy they DIDNT take the boots off. I recall watching Gunsmoke and especially Rawhide... and then I got older and got into history. Their unrealistic cleanliness is a crime against historic accuracy. As for me, Id burn bodies to make soap and be clean. I WILL smell wonderful during the zombie apocalypse I guarantee it! No wild west hooker butt smell for me!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I moved to a neighborhood once that had hard water.

It was a major tragedy for me. I have sensitive and dry skin in the first place. After moving there it got even drier, to the point it was a tragedy. I had to try all these different soaps. A temporary solution I had was to do a final rinse with Reverse Osmosis water. And my final solution was to move the heck out of there.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage
So my tote of homemade soap will be worth more than gold during the zombie apocalypse!

LOL
Come on apocalypse!

Not sure why it works better than regular soap with hard water, except probably the ingredients, but I'm glad it does.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join