It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beebloop O'Rourke has . . . . triggered . . . . . me.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I have never owned an AR-15.

I have two rifles, two hand guns. A 1911, and a Roughrider Army Colt for pistols and a .22 Savage bolt action and a Winchester 30-32 (1957) model 1895 just because it is so effing awesome!.

But since Beebloop O'Rourke wants the po-po to break into homes, confiscate legally owned property in the name of the government, I think I might buy one.

I have no desire to shoot one, to pour some bullets through one. Never desired one before.

But this dick-head wants to take them away and that chaps my ass.

So, might spend a little coin this month.

Just to say "#### you, asshole".

You just don't get it DBC. Guns kill people. And AR's could start a war with the government. I don't see what the problem with taking away AR's is. We need to stop the bad and crazy guys from getting those ARs by the simplest means possible; take them away from the people who buy them legally for self defense against.

Imagine someone breaking into your apartment, coz I'm sure you live in an apartment, and they have an AR. Not pretty. Now imagine they break into your home, and they don't have an AR coz they were all confiscated by the government from legally purchasing owners. The criminals won't have one coz they had to give it up. ITS THE LAW! They will have to use a knife or a hammer. You are now safe.

The only people who should have guns are the goverment. They are the only ones we can trust with such weapons. Just look at history.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

A sound argument, I can’t debate any of the points you’ve made.

*applause*

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, I'm not down with his whole idea either: "We're taking your AR." I'm cool with a purchase ban, but a confiscation? Nope.

This from an M1 carbine and M1A owner.

And why are you okay with denying the right of other Americans to buy AR-15s when you have a military weapon with selective fire that allows you to shoot full automatic when the AR-15s are only semi-automatic?...

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan

You just don't get it DBC. Guns kill people. And AR's could start a war with the government. I don't see what the problem with taking away AR's is. We need to stop the bad and crazy guys from getting those ARs by the simplest means possible; take them away from the people who buy them legally for self defense against.

Imagine someone breaking into your apartment, coz I'm sure you live in an apartment, and they have an AR. Not pretty. Now imagine they break into your home, and they don't have an AR coz they were all confiscated by the government from legally purchasing owners. The criminals won't have one coz they had to give it up. ITS THE LAW! They will have to use a knife or a hammer. You are now safe.

The only people who should have guns are the goverment. They are the only ones we can trust with such weapons. Just look at history.

Since when do criminals follow the law?... The police won't confiscate Ar-15s from criminals because the police won't know which criminals have them, not to mention the FACT that most criminals don't get their weapons legally, they get them through the black market.

As for your claim that "the only people whom should have guns are the government, look at history." Are you being sarcastic or are you really that naive that you don't know that when the people are disarmed and only the government have guns those governments have become dictatorial?

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Liquesence

Yeah, I'm not down with his whole idea either: "We're taking your AR." I'm cool with a purchase ban, but a confiscation? Nope.

This from an M1 carbine and M1A owner.

And why are you okay with denying the right of other Americans to buy AR-15s

For this very simple reason:

Mass-shooting fatalities were 70% less likely to occur during the federal ban period (relative rate, 0.30; 95% confidence interval, 0.22-0.39).

CONCLUSION: Mass-shooting related homicides in the United States were reduced during the years of the federal assault weapons ban of 1994 to 2004.
nih.gov

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You do realize all long guns (which Ar-15s area part) make up about 300 deaths out of that 40k dead each year... so why all the panic overran AR?

Honestly if you break into my house with an AR I like my odds against you.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Guys, I took Fingerman's post as pure sarcasm because no one is that stupid in real life.

It's okay.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Since when do criminals follow the law?... The police won't confiscate Ar-15s from criminals because the police won't know which criminals have them, not to mention the FACT that most criminals don't get their weapons legally, they get them through the black market.

As for your claim that "the only people whom should have guns are the government, look at history." Are you being sarcastic or are you really that naive that you don't know that when the people are disarmed and only the government have guns those governments have become dictatorial?

Then we agree. Criminals cannot get assault rifles if there are none to steal.
And do you think an AR is going to deter a military that can drone your house, or roll over your position with a tank?
Can civilians own tanks? Do you think an AR will stop a tank?
I vote no tanks and no ARs for civilians.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Trying to play the other side here. It's quite impossible.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

fair enough haven't slept an entire night since moving so my sarcasm meter is broken..

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

This guy is a special kind of pandering douche bag.

Oh my, I've purposefully been not paying attention. THAT'S the guy?! He LOOKS like a Beebloop! That's his real name, isn't it?

If its not, its probably Bryce. Or Chadwick.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My AK is in sympathy with your AR.
They share the same concerns.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I have never owned an AR-15.

I have two rifles, two hand guns. A 1911, and a Roughrider Army Colt for pistols and a .22 Savage bolt action and a Winchester 30-32 (1957) model 1895 just because it is so effing awesome!.

But since Beebloop O'Rourke wants the po-po to break into homes, confiscate legally owned property in the name of the government, I think I might buy one.

I have no desire to shoot one, to pour some bullets through one. Never desired one before.

But this dick-head wants to take them away and that chaps my ass.

So, might spend a little coin this month.

Just to say "#### you, asshole".

I truly hope this is pure sarcasm - hard to tell these days.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Not being from America, it is hard to put myself in your shoes on the issue of gun control.

I will say that, sometimes things are out of your control, to say you need this type of gun to be able to kill this thing, then you need a bigger gun to defend yourself against your neighbour and government...

Eventually, even an American, will come up against a problem that a gun isn’t going to solve. So I believe the issue in itself is control. Americans have been raised to believe they can control things. It is apparent in the shootings, it is apparent in the amount of opioid abuse going on. It is apparent in the countries America currently operates in.

Let go of your need to control, accept that sometimes things are going to happen that you can’t control.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

An AR is just a civilian version of a military weapon but still only a semi-automatic rifle. Pull the trigger once, shoots one bullet. People want to take them because of how they look - all black and scary like guns in the movies!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Grumple Trumple has . . . . . . . .triggered me for the last 3 years. Welcome to trigger-happy land.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

And Mexico will pay for the wall.

Candidates are going to say stuff that is never going to happen.

Sure triggered you though. Reminds me how when Obama got elected gun sales went through the roof.

Wouldn't be surprised if the NRA is funding Beto.
edit on 15-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
He is such a fake...pandering to the Latino vote by calling himself Beto.

He was Robert for many many years--until dreams of public office started disturbing his sleep.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Sure triggered you though.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Make sure you buy at a gun show.... just so he doesn't know.
I don't know, I kinda want to see him win to see him try it. It's his last ditch ploy; he has no plan

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join