It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beebloop O'Rourke has . . . . triggered . . . . . me.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Same way I came to own one, was actually a little surprised shooting one was actually kinda fun.

I still prefer my lever action Winchester for hunting, but as someone that preps for natural disaster type things I have also reached a point where I appreciate the mod ability and light weight of an AR for if I need to be on the move in the back country.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I triple dog dare you to go buy one.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Any law like that would be challenged at the Supreme court before it could be implemented, red States that love their guns would take it there with their lawyers. This is why the supreme court justices are so important, moderate ones that won't reinterpret the 2nd amendment need to be on it. It's also why if super lefty judges get appointed and gain a majority you can kiss what you think are 2nd amendment rights goodbye. I think they want you to only have single shot old fashion wood bolt action rifles, no more clips at all.

And if you think it could never happen all the supreme court has to do is use a play with the word "Militia", they could say that is the state's National Guard, when on duty...and boom everybody can't have there AR-15 because they are not a part of that. Then it would be up to the local police to enforce the new law, which some might not do because they believe it's an illegal law, but you know in the blue states they would be all to happy to enforce it. But some sheriff that he himself owns a ton of guns in a red state in a even redder county probably would just ignore it.
edit on 14-9-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee
An AR15 can be many different calibers. I have a 300 Blackout with frangible bullets for such occasions,

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I can't remember if it was Beto, or another candidate that called on credit card companies to halt firearm purchases in a tweet.

Using private business to circumvent the 2nd. Such a new low.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I think he is delusional for giving the Presidential run a shot, since he couldn’t beat Ted Cruz in a crookedly ran Senate race trying to get absentee ballots as far as Tennessee. So the gun grab doesn’t surprise me.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Meh....Beto's just emulating Trump's "Art of Deal". You know, ask for the moon, demand it!...make all kinds of threats if you don't get it...then settle for stronger background checks.

Gotta say though, Beto sure did get a lot of applause when he said "Hell yeah we're going to take yer guns"! LOL just like how Trump's rally goers love to chant "Lock her up" or "Send her back".

It's all political hyperbole.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The background checks aren't exactly weak being that they look at the national criminal database...what do you want them to do have secret service come look through every square inch of their life? Does it need to be FBI top secret clearance strong? Like wtf could be checked more?

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I think it's the guns shows and private sale loop holes that advocates have their eyes on.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It's honestly easier to find someone to sell you a gun on the blackmarket than at a gun show. Even at a gun show a lot of people want to see a CCL...same with places like Florida Guntrader .com. Not to say you couldn't find someone but odds are you won't and if you seem sketch you best bet some people will alert LEOs which are always around at gun shows to you. All said most people who intend to do illegal things with guns buy black market because its easier and less risk of getting caught breaking gun laws to buy.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It's about public Pablum.
2nd

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Its about infringement on the 2nd
2nd...

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well, there is the argument of a "well regulated militia". It's a well known fact that the government already infringes on the objective right to "bear arms".

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Saw an amusing video on this issue earlier. Can't embed the vid here because some YT vids have the wrong code to embed them. But 2 minutes in, Amazing Lucas suggests (humorously) that O'Rouke may have shares in some business related to guns or ammo because he surely must have realized that this statement would increase gun purchases lol

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have to agree. I know what he was going for, but I think he fell a bit short. His little performance rubbed me the wrong way also. My triggered response was, "You are damn right, we will never let your ass be President!"

I don't own a gun, anymore, but i grew up with them. I had my first lesson at age eight, and it was with a shotgun. I made sharpshooter my first day on the range when I was in the military, shocked the rest of the team that a skinny little girl knew how to handle a weapon.

This obsession with taking away guns is about control. It is not to keep us safe from each other, it is because they fear an armed citizenry.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It’s a slow conditioning to get the people to accept government as the supreme authority.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'd believe this guy if he went to Chicago (or any inner city) and go door-to-door telling people to give up their AR's and actually take them away. If he has the balls to do that, I'd give him a bit of credit. Saying crap in a debate is just that, crap!

I'm glad I didn't watch the debate. Everything I'm reading sounds like the candidates are children let loose in the world without supervision.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Here's the thing. . . .

He's just saying what the rest of DC is thinking.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Why yes, yes we should.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

A very good question.

One that definitely needs answering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>