It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beebloop O'Rourke has . . . . triggered . . . . . me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Was an okay rifle but my Winchester is what I like. Just old-fashioned I guess.

Yeah I like the 30-30 I got from my dad for similar reasons.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw his little rant earlier and have been waiting ever since for a thread by a "triggered" ATS member... lol.

Listen to the applause he received though... I was actually kinda surprised it was that well received.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I was at a vet "thing" a few weeks ago, mentioned that my Winchester was a 1957 and eyes lit up! It was the last year that the parts were hand made. And the action is smooooth!!

Nothing machined.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SubaeruginosaYeah, well enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Its wrong to take mine, but I'm okay with them banning others from getting them. What district or state do you currently or formally represent?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: xuenchen
Back to Flintlocks !!! 😎

Or the muskets.
We defeated a tyrannical government once with em...

Guess we should be able to own whatever hardware the US government currently possesses. How else to defeat tyranny?

You are absolutely correct .
The Founding Fathers made sure to put that right into the Constitution and Thomas Jefferson spelled out the reason.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Back to Flintlocks !!! 😎

Or the muskets.

Guess we should be able to own whatever hardware the US government currently possesses. How else to defeat tyranny?

The Founding Fathers made sure to put that right into the Constitution and Thomas Jefferson spelled out the reason.

Oh they did?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Its wrong to take mine, but I'm okay with them banning others from getting them. What district or state do you currently or formally represent?

Huh?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

AR15 is simply the most efficient tool to get the job done when it comes to home defense IMO. I mean really who wants to be picking out/plastering over all that buckshot in the kitchen and dining room walls if all you have is a 12 gauge?

As far as Paddy O'Rourke is concerned though I think the media has lost interest so he's going off the wall trying to get any attention he can. Rather pathetic actually.

But it was just one year ago when the candidate, who was running against U.S. Senator Ted Cruz, encouraged Texans to keep their AR-15's and use them lawfully.

Flip-flop O'Rourke

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Back to Flintlocks !!! 😎

Or the muskets.

Oh they did?

Of course I ignored your ignorant "whatever weapons the military uses" part.

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
Sometimes it is so bad , I just ignore it.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I was at a vet "thing" a few weeks ago, mentioned that my Winchester was a 1957 and eyes lit up! It was the last year that the parts were hand made. And the action is smooooth!!

Nothing machined.

Cool. I don't know the details of the Winchester I got from my dad, but I doubt it's too vintage. Haven't bothered to check out the serial.

link   

Why have an AR-15 when you could have an AR-10... Patriot Ordinance Factory makes a nice one that's even the same weight as an AR-15

link   

Back to Flintlocks !!! 😎

Or the muskets.

Oh they did?

Of course I ignored your ignorant "whatever weapons the military uses" part.

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
Sometimes it is so bad , I just ignore it.

Thanks for your concern.

*hugs*
edit on 13-9-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Hey brother! Good to see ya around again!

As usual you are spot on.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think I will get another ‘scary’ rifle to use in case someone tries to come into my home and take my Constitutionally protected property.
edit on 2019/9/13 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
None of it makes sense.

Sure, come take my AR (if I have one) but then who takes the AR from my neighbor who is a cop? He won't willingly turn it in.

So then I guess we send in the national guard? But, they have many AR styled rifle owners as well. I doubt they just hand them over either.

So do we then send in marines to take the AR from the national guard? But then who takes the Marines AR's?

My head hurts.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You might want to pick up a few extra 30 round mags, while they are still available. The price is going to go up.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here's an admission: I have nothing confiscation worthy. According to Beto's standards you can keep your pistols and shotguns, limiting confiscation to scary black AK/AR rifles. In fact, I might just have all three variants of Draco AK-47 pistol that Beto's not interested in confiscating - along with all manner of drum and hi-cap mag shotguns.

My small town police chief advised me to get an AR rifle for home defense, but was equally supportive of AR pistols with brace. My buddy had an AR10, then AR15 pistol, now an AR platform pistol in 9mm. Pistol caliber rifles - Okay!

Let's face it: Beto is a complete idiot & total moron: The Dems really want to ban all our guns - CERTAINLY they really want to ban all AR & AK platform weapons period!

Is anyone thinking of banning my .22s?
One's a scary looking black rifle, one's a 007 AR7 survival rifle, and there's a matching pistol for each?
What about Big Bore Revolvers?
God Forbid - not a 1911? or classic Tokarev? Bastiges!

The problem at present is how to get the ball rolling from the Dems perspective.
Over reach and the consequences may not just be political.
Right now "Assault Weapon" defies definition, they'll have to ban specific weapons by example until they feel comfortable enough to outright ban all firearms.
Once it gets any momentum, the REAL problem becomes where and how it ends.
Tyrants will push for it all, but there's a sense of how far they think they can go before the inevitable push back.

I leave you with this thought: Sparta's King Leonidas had these words: "Molon Labe"

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wonder if the dems will ever figure out that every time they open their mouths about gun laws, gun sales go through the roof. They’re the best gun salesman that a gun manufacturer could ask for.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I understand having the rifle for fighting an out of control government or invading force of some kind, but I honestly don't understand the home defense aspect. The range of a .223 or 5.56 round fired from an M16/AR15/M4 (depending on barrels, stocks and accessories) is 550 meters to a point target, 800 meters to an area target, and a max distance of 3600 meters. How close is your nearest neighbor? What are your wall made of? Are you using a jacketed round?

Odds are a home invasion is going to be a close quarters combat situation. The M16 is not a choice weapon in close quarters, the preferable weapon is a shotgun or submachine gun. That is why there is the Mossberg 500, or in my case the Mossberg 590 special purpose which has an extended magazine tube, slug barrel, and a bayonet lug. I load it with a "buck and ball" rounds, which is half slug half 00 shot. In the dark confines of my rooms and hallways along with the confusion that is typical in those types of situations I would prefer the broader shot pattern as opposed to the distance and accuracy.

With that being said... To each their own...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join