It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from 145 CEOs asking Senate to pass gun control laws

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Updated Sep 12, 2019 at 8:01 AM

Signatories to a letter sent to Senate officials include the heads of major retailers, tech firms, financial institutions, including Levi Strauss, Twitter, Uber, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Yelp, Bain Capital and Reddit.
Read the story here[/ur l].

[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/letter-from-145-ceos-asking-senate-to-pass-gun-control-laws/6bb0ef1e-8e13-4664-9b0d-729bc1ae22b0/]Letter from 145 CEOs asking Senate to pass gun control laws

So here we have rich and powerful CEOS demanding Congress and the Senate to pass strong gun control laws which will include "strong red flag laws."

These "strong red flag laws" will be abused, people will make false reports. If you have a "strong disagreement" with any of your neighbors, or they don't like you for whatever reason, or you are a "loner" and they know you have firearms they can make anonymous calls to the police and claim that you are a danger.

Whether this claim is true or not you would have no recourse until it is too late, as the only recourse you will have is to go to court, pay exorbitant expenses, and by then your firearms would have been destroyed by the police, leaving you with only more bills to pay.

In some states these laws already exist, and there are already examples of false reports, and even at least one gun owner whom has been murdered by police as they went to take away his firearms.

Maryland Red Flag Gun Confiscation Order Ends with Dead Gun Owner

We have all heard about CEOs abusing their power, yet here is another example of CEOs wanting to abuse their power and influence to restrict Americans from their Second Amendment right. Perhaps we should make a class action lawsuit against these 145 CEOs for abusing their power to restrict a right enumerated in the U.S. Constitution, and which specifically states that right of the people "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

Related Links:

Kafkaesque 'red flag laws' strip gun owners of their constitutional rights

Florida’s new ‘red flag’ law leads to forced confiscation of weapons

Defending Against a Red Flag Confiscation Will Cost You Thousands

edit on 13-9-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link and comment and links.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I think I will get their addresses and sent them some baked goods...

They need to get out of politics unless they want to run for office.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
140 CEO's write letter to Congress which was only good to start a fire in a fireplace with.
I wonder how much $$$ came with that letter ?
Sedition ?
Possibly.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Every freedom loving American needs to take a good hard look at that list and spend their money on American companies who respect our rule of law and Constitution!

I went thru the whole list of companies, MANY who seem very irrelevant and unheard of. Thankfully I don't have to make any changes in who I give my money too!

edit on 13-9-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This is where the old saying , your chickens are coming home to roost applies.

Welcome to corpocracy.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Every freedom loving American needs to take a good hard look at that list and spend their money on American companies who respect our rule of law and Constitution!

Exactly,
Let them see how profitable they're companies are in Venezuela.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So who asked em?
Why should I give a damn what Twitter and ubers ceo's think?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So who asked em?

They don't need your permission, they have enough money or should I say buying power to bribe goverment to do their bidding for them.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So who asked em?

Honestly I am glad these so called educated CEO's virtue signal! I said so called educated for a reason. Why would ANY SANE businessperson get involved in politics?? It doesn't make any damn sense whatsoever to limit your companies income by becoming political and pissing off half of those who might purchase your product or service.

Are these people even intelligent enough to run a business? Doesn't seem so, when they knowing commit Corporate suicide by politics. Hell, look at the price of virtue signaling Gillett has paid for their PC nonsense.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

edit on 13-9-2019 by Shamrock6 because: Never mind

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Well let's just put it straight out there.
People like these ceo's that can afford their own private security force don't really need to worry about carrying their own personal protection weapons.

So since their opinions don't really effect them in this case why should we take them seriously?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"Castle residents implore the king to take weapons from people that live outside the wall."

How quaint.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There are over 300M living in the US; what is the significance of what 145 of them think?

Serious question.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
No one is going to turn in their guns and no one is going to come barging into private homes to take them. When gun laws start taking effect in places like NJ or New Zealand compliance is less than 1%. Gun laws are stupid as the misuse of a firearm is already a crime (such as murder, unsafe discharge, assault etc).

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Any government would be well advised to do the opposite of what corporate CEOs say, on any issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Any government would be well advised to do the opposite of what corporate CEOs say, on any issue.

How do you expect them to become rich if they do the opposite of what corporate CEOs say? Think of their children.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Liberals "Get big money out of politics"

Also Liberals "Listen to what these 145 big money people say about gun control"

Such is American politics today.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

How do you expect them to become rich if they do the opposite of what corporate CEOs say? Think of their children.

I would consider a man or woman who enters public service in rags and leaves in riches to be a criminal.

The whole thing is just another display of the systemic and rampant corruption plaguing the entire system.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Not if there is some form of collusion.
It is way to easy in a team like this to have some members having ulterior motives.
There needs to be a vetting process that ensures that political bias is not present.
Tall order.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
No one is going to turn in their guns and no one is going to come barging into private homes to take them. When gun laws start taking effect in places like NJ or New Zealand compliance is less than 1%. Gun laws are stupid as the misuse of a firearm is already a crime (such as murder, unsafe discharge, assault etc).

So men "with" guns will come to take the very thing guns are supposed to prevent...
Is that irony?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join