It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting perspective from Judaism - a clue to the meaning & purpose of life itself.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I Just Listen To "Grease", Franki Valle...

It's An Illuminati Song. Grease Just Refers To The Anointed Ones.
Solve Your Problems... And See The Light!

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
The purpose of life is to keep the DNA train rolling. That's about it. The things most people talk about that supposedly give life purpose like love and service and remembrance are just there to motivate you to breed. The reproduction is the ultimate goal, not the stuff you do or think or feel to accomplish it.

In bowling, your immediate goal is to knock down the pins. The ultimate goal is to win the game.

What exactly is your definition of winning the game or the purpose for keeping the DNA train rolling?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I do think that there is a consciousness that wants us to succeed and ultimately better ourselves. I look at this from the simplest physical perspective. . . . What is our basic essence? We are an assembly of atoms whose position is basically mapped by the code of DNA and environmental mutations/influences. But the key here is that we are made from the same basic components that surround us here on Earth and throughout the universe. If we can have consciousness and individual thought why is it so hard to believe that the same material, energy, etc., that exists everywhere throughout this universe cannot have the same or a greater level of consciousness?

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Its interesting how people like you can find deep meaning in the Talmud, while simultaneously it contains seemingly absurd passages having to do with what to do, or what not to do with your finger/toe nail cuttings. And also talks about a lot about a womens menstrual period, and observances realted to that.. I don't have the time to pull things up, but it sounds like some real archaic beliefs to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
There can only be a meaning and a purpose to life for something that is separate to life.....

Really there is no thing separate.... there is just what is...... aliveness.

What can be separate to what IS happening?

The idea of time happens and the idea of outside of what is happening happens.... and the belief 'I will die in time'......... What is this 'I'? And where is time?

Adam never left the garden.... no one did. There is only the garden. This is it.

edit on 14-9-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

No the purpose in life is to prepare to become a part of the whole, the reason for life is to experience the self.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You are so wrong, Christians love everyone, but it's a parental love want trying to get your children to grow into wonderful people.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Don't look at that response as anything but what it is, an excuse to do whatever they want. It's a belief that allows them to shoot any responsibility they have.

I pray for people like that because they don't understand the real joy that comes from Grace and developing a relationship with God.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Oh no it's not lazy it's purposeful to avoid any accountability and too have the comfort of no reconciliation got your choices in life.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Not for no reason, to experience the self. In heaven there is no separateness from God, we are all one. No good no evil no pleasure no pain just pure satatiatedness.

Life is so that we can experience individuality. It is the reason there is suffering and pain, so that there can be a reference for pleasure.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nonnez

That's what God is, the conglomerate consciousness. The consciousness of the totality of all.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

No the purpose in life is to prepare to become a part of the whole, the reason for life is to experience the self.

Jaden

There is only the Self or there is no self.

The whole (no separation) is what is happening....no things.

One without a second.

No duality in non duality..... the one life is this that already is.

Can there be anything outside what IS happening? Or anything apart from what is happening?

Even the knowing is just happening.... there isn't any thing!
edit on 15-9-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You write beautifully and I enjoyed the read, but I disagree. What of the person who already knows and has love, real love, not the romantic definition..Giving it freely, even from a young age truly loving their neighbor.. but is continually punished by losing the ones in their own life they love over and over until they finally learn they cannot give themselves over to it because of the crushing and paralyzing grief from layers and layers of loss? Their days are now grey and worked through mechanically. Nietzsche was right, the meaning is to Suffer. To what end, I do not know.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
These questions are i,portant..:..

What ia the nature of being and what is its curiosities power.?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

All i got from this is amazement that people are still actually gullible and uninformed enough to believe the Mandela Effect. Good grief...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Oh no it's not lazy it's purposeful to avoid any accountability and too have the comfort of no reconciliation got your choices in life.

It's just life, man. Here today, gone tomorrow. Why make it so hard? "Spock, give yourself a break."

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

It's just life, man. Here today, gone tomorrow. Why make it so hard? "Spock, give yourself a break."

Here is what there is eternally..... with concepts such as 'tomorrow' appearing.

The concepts make it seem as if there is something other than here..... here just appears different continually.

Never not here!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join