It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today is Friday the 13th and a full moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
time.com...

A full moon on Friday the 13th is an extremely rare occurrence, according to the Farmers’ Almanac. It reports that this will be the first full moon visible across the U.S. on Friday the 13th since Oct. 13, 2000.

I know that Friday the 13th has always been seen as a bad thing and I've never heard a clear reason why, oddly enough it has always been a very lucky day for me. I love Friday the 13th!

As for the full moon, I think there is something more than the superstitions. Just ask any emergency room nurse about full moons. More babies are born, more people go crazy. Some places even excuse bad behavior during full moons.
81% of mental health professionals believe the moon can affect human behavior. Somehow studies come up short, but if so many people believe this, there must be more.
edit on 13-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

As for the full moon, I think there is something more than the superstitions.

Animals certainly react to full moons.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

And oceans.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So I just had to google friday the thirteenth.

The answer is unclear but our aversion may have religious origins. Some Christians believe Friday is unlucky because it's the day Jesus was crucified, and 13 signifies the number of guests at the Last Supper, with the infamous Judas being the 13th person seated at the table. Followers of numerology have long testified to the unsettling power of the numeral.

13 fun facts about friday the 13th

And I love the energy a full moon gives off, it never fails I get extra motivated to get lots of work done around my little farm !
My sister was an ER nurse for years, she always swore full moons were the busiest.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ahh, it snuck up on us, too!

I'll be ok....I'll be allright....

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

And I love the energy a full moon gives off, it never fails I get extra motivated to get lots of work done around my little farm !

I know exactly what you're saying.
Nothing better than a big bright full moon, a late summer night, slight breeze in the air, the smell of night. It charges me like nothing else, I absolutely love it!

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Huh. I thought it had to do with the betrayal of the Templars ...

Cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

But is it a full Moon?

Only 99% chance of the Zombie Apocalypse?

www.moongiant.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I know, right.

edit on 13-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Will be camping should be lots of critters out.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

I guess some believe this is why but they don't know.

At dawn on Friday, 13 October 1307 (a date sometimes linked with the origin of the Friday the 13th superstition) King Philip IV ordered de Molay and scores of other French Templars to be simultaneously arrested. ... The Templars were charged with numerous other offences such as financial corruption, fraud, and secrecy.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We lost our car keys this morning and still cannot find them. Really crap day for me so far.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Friday the 13th has always been a lucky day for me as well. Back in early June one of my favorite rings disappeared right off of my finger. I tore up the entire apartment looking for it and thought it was gone for good. Surprise! It showed up sitting plainly out in the open on top of my comforter on the middle of my bed today! Woohoo!

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Disregard
edit on 13-9-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

My sister was born on a Friday the 13th, May 1977. The moon wasn't full but she has an eerie sense of communication with the afterlife just as people die and their souls are in the middle. On more occasions than I can count, she's seen the ghosts of people standing at the foot of her bed. She said it's as though they're asking her for something or trying to give her a message. A few years ago, she woke up to an old man staring at her and trying to talk but she couldn't hear him. She told me she loudly said "I don't know what you want! I can't help you because I can't hear or understand what you're trying to say. Maybe it's not me who you need to look for"

I haven't heard about anymore encounters since then. So if she's had any, she hasn't told me about it.

It might sound stupid or unbelievable but I joke not. I never thought to connect these things to Friday the 13th until now.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I got a parking ticket, god dam the 13th, £70

I remember going to the US (New York) and the lifts not having the floor 13 is that just 1 hotel (did they really have a secret floor) or is that a common thing in the US

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers

Same here. But that would relate directly to the crucifixion and Judas because the Knights Templar fought for Christianity.

Interesting how the two tie together.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
We lost our car keys this morning and still cannot find them. Really crap day for me so far.

Sending some of my good luck your way and hope you find your keys! Did you do anything out of order yesterday. I find that is usually when I lose things, like when I normally come home and put my purse on the counter, but then I was distracted by something.

I'm really really good at finding things. Not sure if you have done any of these yet, Here's some tips:
check all pockets of everything worn since last using them

is it possible it slid off somewhere

check in your car trunk and all around the seats

if you keep keys in a drawer and it is full, pull out the drawer and check underneath (don't ask how I know, it's not like I lost checks from 10 people for a year)

check all around your bed, between the mattress and box springs

if you think it might have dropped somewhere in the yard, you can get a cheap metal detector and find it pretty quick (btw did you know that metal detector will pay for itself by detecting, I've found gold & silver not even kidding!)

Do you have a pet and could that pet have eaten it? I know a dog that ate an entire jacket (had to have it surgically removed) and another dog that ate an entire broom (again had that surgically removed) so nothing surprises me with dogs.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

My wife's best friend smacked a chunk of concrete in the middle of the lane she was in on the interstate and all but knocked the transmission off of her car. Tranny fluid was all over the highway. How the hell does a chunk big enough to do that get in the middle of the interstate?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"When you believe in things that you don't understand and you suffer, superstition ain't the way "

edit on 13-9-2019 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2019 by DAVID64 because: My tablet is really pissin me off

top topics

<<   2 >>

join