It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Beto o'Rourke get a gun in Texas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is why I hate the MSM.

O’Rourke is running as a fun grabbing liberal.

He changes his WOKE gun grabbing policies all the time, What would happen if Beto tried to buy a gun?

Beto got arrested with a DWI

www.google.com...

Per a google search

No matter whether you have a DUI or a DWI, or whether you're younger than 21 or older than Methuselah, if you have a felony on your record, you can not purchase a gun in Texas. ... A good DWI lawyer, however, can help you avoid a felony conviction, get your conviction expunged from your record or have your record sealed.

Did Beto use his privilege to get out of the DWI? If not he could not own a gun in Texas legally.

If he really cares about gun control, should a loop hole like the one he possible used, be closed?

Shouldn’t some one in the MSM have thought about this instead of some dude on a conspiracy site.

Finally, if you cannot own a fun in America, should you be able to run for President?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here in Indiana DUI’s are typically dropped down to a misdemeanor. Is it the same in Texas?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

First, if he has a felony then he shouldn't just not be able to own a gun, but he shouldn't even be able to hold office (not sure of the legality of that one though).

Second, he definitely shouldn't be able to run for president.

But we all know how democrats operate and if his chance of beating Trump was greater than 0.00% then his fellow democrats would have this whole thing swept under the rug before you make your next post. Democrats are by far the most corrupt party in the history of American politics going way back.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Here in Indiana DUI’s are typically dropped down to a misdemeanor. Is it the same in Texas?

It takes a third DWI in LA to become a felony. I checked it out for TX and what I'm seeing says it depends on the severity.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yes. Give him a gun.

Then give him a mirror for target practice.

Good morning ATS!!

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Hmm, drinking with his dad, an old judge.

Well, lucky for us, Francis called up his old girlfriend and interviewed her so he could tell us what she said.

Man, that beta-male is a snowflake titty all the way around. I wonder if he distorted her phone speaker like he distorts the speakers setup at his 13 man rallies.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I do not think a DWI or DUI is a felony unless you also kill someone in an accident.

Some states make a third offense a felony too.

And did Beto even apply to own a weapon? Or is this completely hypothetical?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
We owe robert francis a debt of gratitude.
He did what the nra and many gop reps were unable to.
He got the dnc to admit their agenda is to take guns from the citizens of the usa.

They are in the open about taking your guns.
No more phony "we aren't doing that" from them; it is their agenda.

Thanks beto for exposing them as the anti constitution party that they have always been!

“Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47. We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.” Beto O’Rourke

edit on 13/9/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I do not think a DWI or DUI is a felony unless you also kill someone in an accident.

Some states make a third offense a felony too.

And did Beto even apply to own a weapon? Or is this completely hypothetical?

Here is a link to DWI Taskforce regarding DWI law in Texas.
Generally, DWI in Texas is a misdemeanor in first and second time offenses.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He tried to flee the scene of an accident and was almost twice the legal limit at that time but I'm not sure what that penalty was.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

He tried to flee the scene of an accident and was almost twice the legal limit at that time but I'm not sure what that penalty was.

He also was arrested for attempted burglary and forcible entry.
Politifact Texas

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

He's Uber rich........ There are no penalties for them.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

If he truly hates white privilege he should demand to be a felon. Or is that only for show?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Old "Beto" tries to make it seem like it is easy to get a gun in Texas, but the opposite is true. Not only do you have to go through a background check (that can take up to 3 days) to initially buy a firearm but even if you pawn a firearm you have to go through the same background check all over again before you can get your own gun back! If your gun is stolen and later recovered by the police you have to go through background check to get your own gun back.

Another fun Texas gun buying fact is that if the seller thinks it is possible you are buying the firearm for another to use they can refuse sale, or if you look to them like you might harm yourself or others. One of my daughters was denied a rifle purchase because they didn't think she was buying for herself( jokes on them, she is quite the collector).

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Could Beto o'Rourke get a gun in Texas?

The answer should be no....

Robert Francis is mentally ill, the medical term for his condition is TDS, "Trump Derangement Syndrome." He also has Schizotypal Personality Disorder... Plus, Beto is not even his real name!

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

In most states a DUI is a misdemeanor, 3rd offense becomes a felony.

Bush Jr. had one, Ted Kennedy had a few
edit on 13-9-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
One DWI is usually not a felony. Three becomes a Felony, two under certain situations.

That is the way it used to be anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

O’Rourke is running as a fun grabbing liberal.

The state's new slogan:

Come to Texas and grab some fun.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

In most states a DUI is a misdemeanor, 3rd offense becomes a felony.

Bush Jr. had one, Ed Kennedy had a few

Gee, my daughter called and I talked to her for four minutes and you got your response in before I hit reply.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

He also was arrested for attempted burglary and forcible entry.
Politifact Texas

So a drunk thief is running for president? If things get messed up, it is nice to know our president will take off running to keep out of trouble. He is basically running for president I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join