It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTubers Arrested Near Area 51 for Trying to Get Into Secret Base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is not going to go well for the 2 Netherlanders. If they were Americans they might be released with a warning or be accused of trespassing with resultant hard times. But Ties and Govert could be deported and loss of Visas. Misguided individuals.

sputniknews.com...
YouTuber Arrested Near Area 51 for Trying to Get Into Secret Base

The famous “Storm Area 51” event that purported to prove the existence of UFOs by storming a secret US facility, allegedly concealing the truth from ordinary citizens has been cancelled, but that didn’t stop some participants from trying to enter the site.

YouTube star Ties Granzier and his companion Govert Charles Wilhelmus Jacob Sweep both from the Netherlands were arrested in Nye County on Tuesday for allegedly trespassing the Nevada National Security site near Area 51, the Nye County Sheriff’s office reported.

According to the information shared by the Sheriff’s office on Facebook, 20-year-old Granzier and 21-year-old Wilhelmus were arrested after their car, which was parked near the site’s gate, was detected approximately 3 miles into the Nevada National Security's property.

Continued at the above website.

edit on 13-9-2019 by Hunkadinka because: Add material.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Y'all are busted.
What a surprise.

"But...youtube! We are stars!"
edit on 9/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka

You have got to be never mind! Devolution!

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Posted earlier. Link

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Y'all are busted.
What a surprise.

"But...youtube! We are stars!"

They can't stop ALL of them tho ^_^

This is just first wave. Maybe they forgot to do the anime run.

edit on 13-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
They will be made examples of for everyone else thinking of storming the place.
Hope it was worth the views boys.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Least they're still alive. They'll probably get deported and plenty of press coverage with them being put on the plane in chains so as to send a message to the populace that they aint playing games.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Good gravy there boys.....

Good lookin youngins....what powers their brains.....could they not recognize.....!

a reply to: Athetos

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So as far as youtube terminology goes, star and idiot are the same?

In this case it seems to be.

Youtube rewarding stupidity for years.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Good lookin youngins....what powers their brains.....could they not recognize.....!

Oh no... they're not even close to good looking. They have STUPID written all over their faces.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
They will be made examples of for everyone else thinking of storming the place.
Hope it was worth the views boys.

That would be ideal, however as they are not U.S. citizens, they will get a slap on the wrist.

Otherwise chuck and Nancy will make them martyrs of the orange man's evil discriminatory ways on foreigners....
/sarc

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Oh no... they're not even close to good looking. They have STUPID written all over their faces.

I believe that is a requirement for YouTube stardom.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Foreign espionage on a top secret military base might still land you in some hot water no?
I doubt they have diplomatic immunity.

a reply to: Notoneofyou

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I hadn't thought of that angle, but it does hold water.

I was thinking of today's "modern" Butt hurt about everything p.c. game played by the house/senate creatures.

I'm all for charging them. In fact, if it was up to me I would have just took their electronics/photography gear away, impounded their vehicle, and turned them around on foot.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Im pretty sure they are both named what ever Kyle is in Dutch...

Jeez, what did they think would happen? Or maybe this was the publicity plan all along?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KYRick

Probably hoping that the publicity will get them a gofundme that pays for the trip.
If YouTube would demonitize channels that use criminality for views, perhaps the world would have to suffer a few less morons.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
And we have footage:

( Actually someone mixed a famous old Dutch clownduo in , for the Duchies around here, i think they will like it )

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It appears as of the 12th the promoter of the storm area 51 festival have pulled the plug, due to humanitarian concerns. I wonder if any one will show up just for the storming part with out the music festival?

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Looks like their combined IQ is about 70.

Makes sense, you’d have to be pretty dumb to try and break into a military testing site for YouTube views.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm proud of them for trying.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't get shot though.

If getting their visas taken away is the worst that will happen it was worth it.

You could easily just come back in through Mexico...

I say we petition to let them keep their visas, maybe it can snowball into opening area 51 up to the public...

Am I the only one that thinks that our government shouldn't hold secrets from the people who fund it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join