It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11x More Carcinogenic Glyphosate in BK Impossible Burger than Competitor's Beyond Burger?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When I saw the ads for Burger King's meatless Impossible Burger (including a nationwide deal where you also get a 100% beef Whopper to compare the two), first thing I though of is who are they getting their veggie burgers from, Beyond Meat?

Apparently not, since lab tests have found that BK's meatless 'Impossible' burger actually contains 11 times more of Monsanto's herbicide Roundup (glyphosate) than Beyond Burger.

www.momsacrossamerica.com...

Found it strange the impossible burger is instantly nationwide rather than still just a test in a few local markets, and offered as a deal purchase including its original beef counterpart to compare, rather than offered as a standalone eco alternative to meat/flesh to try alone. Then again, popular breakfast cereals are already inundated with glyphosate so perhaps adding it into popular lunches was next on Monsantomodus operandi per say, A21 modus operandi?

Guess that should make the hundreds of people who ordered the Impossible meatless burger but were/are actually still secretly served the beef burger anyways, feel better?:

ny.eater.com...

Brooklyn Burger King Delivered Beef Whoppers to Customers Expecting ‘Impossible’

One vegetarian ate two before realizing he wasn’t eating the popular fake meat

What else are they impossibly hiding in there, dairy? GMO soy?? Figures!

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Definitely something fishy going on !! 😎

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Definitely something fishy going on !! 😎

I didn't see anything about fish being subbed

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

Recently there was a story about these meat free meat products, turns out meat free sausages have no meat but something like 10 times the sodium a meat one might have, then again I've never met a vegetarian that does it for health reasons so it likely doesn't bother them.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Health Research Institute. Good enough for me. In any case, 11x a very small number is a slightly less very small number.

My daughter is a pescatarian. She said the impossible burger is really good.

edit on 9/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Recently there was a story about these meat free meat products, turns out meat free sausages have no meat but something like 10 times the sodium a meat one might have, then again I've never met a vegetarian that does it for health reasons so it likely doesn't bother them.

I just can't help but think that the highly processed nature of some of these foods negates the positive aspect of being meat-free (from a health standpoint).
edit on 13-9-2019 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Well then it really is an impossible burger.... Impossible to avoid cancer after eating.

It's the right name for the product.
People should just stop buying that CRAP and soon the producer will adapt.

I don't get it. Why are people so dumb to choose products like that.
If it were aloud to call it a hamburger it wouldn't be called: I can't believe its butter.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It's fairly self explanatory that BK is serving the Impossible Foods brand and not Beyond Meat. I'm a meat eater and have tried both and I prefer the Beyond Meat burger but maybe that's because I cook it myse!f, the way I like a burger. The Impossible burger is good though, I've tried them at several restaurants; they will be rolling them out in grocery stores this week so I'm sure I'll be cooking one myself in the near future.

I'm married to a life long vegetarian, now pescatarian, and I appreciate that more places offer alternatives so we have more options when eating out.

I am not the least bit bothered by GMO or "processed" or whatever the latest gripe is and like someone else said above, it isn't as if most vegetarians do it for health reasons anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Health Research Institute. Good enough for me. In any case, 11x a very small number is a slightly less very small number.

I tried an Impossible Whopper.
The texture is not the same, but that isn't a bad thing. The real beef usually has hard bits in it that I find to be a bit off-putting. The Impossible burger had none of those.
Flavor was dead on as far my palate could differentiate.
As far as the glyphosate is concerned, I would rather have zero of it in my food. That's why organic produce is available. I'd rather eat a few worm than pesticides and hormones.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Didn't know impossible burgers had that much round up! I know the impossible company stated their main objective was to create the most meat-like burger. They have never claimed to be healthy.

Not sure who the inpossible burger is for. I mean, i can't see vegans eating a burger that been cooked next / with beef grease and fat.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

If you're eating at BK, you're not really making good choices anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Just had one with the family last weekend (the kind you get in the grocery meat section, the pre-packaged patties). It was amazing. It was like gourmet ground beef without any hint of gristle. Aside from the high cost I wouldn't ever opt for the real beef burger again.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Found it strange the impossible burger is instantly nationwide rather than still just a test in a few local markets,

It’s been in trails for a while at select BKs. I actually heard about the Impossible Burger a few years ago (3ish) thought it sounded neat. Been waiting for a chance to try it. Saw a commercial, tried it.

It’s ok. Probably great for a none meat eater that wants something as close to meat as can be.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We tried it the other day and wow it was costly!
It was nowhere near as good as the Simple Truth brand burgers we make at home the coating on the burger was the only flavor the inside of it was tasteless to me.looks like I am in the minority about the flavor. It was I think I was told 17$ for 2 burgers with fries no drinks was brought home for me.
edit on 13-9-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

I just can't help but think that the highly processed nature of some of these foods negates the positive aspect of being meat-free (from a health standpoint).

I agree, but almost everyone does some unhealthy stuff right.

Some people give their kids processed mac and cheese when the real thing takes minutes to make for instance.

Salty soup from a can when you can make soup in a few minutes with anything!

I wonder if people realize their fast food "meat" is not like what you would use at home either.
edit on 13-9-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I thought the burgers were already made of soybean anyways. Not just at burger king either, all fast food places. Too much estrogen going into our boys and turning them into drama queens. Of all the Millennials out there, the only ones who aren't brats are the ones who refuse to admit they're a Millennial.

Stay away from the soybeans and flax, and eat more steak, dudes!

ETA: brought up Millennials because most have been raised on the fast food soy burgers.
edit on 13-9-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

1,000,000,000x almost nothing... sound better?

To answer the OP's question they get their burgers from....drum roll please... Impossible Burger

I'm not sure what the OP is getting at. Since it is soy-based then there will be traces of herbicide. Here is comparing beef to this burger.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

As far as BK goes...no idea.

"Impossible" has been available at hundreds of restaurants and chain restaurants for around a year. BK getting it was one way to get the "Impossible" product out to the mainstream.

As far as it goes, I've had plenty of "Impossible" burgers at other restaurants and BKs is, by a far margin, nowhere close to the taste, texture and mouthfeel of the others....The flame broiling seems to dry it out a bit.

Overall the plant based options in the burger world are quite tasty, but not that healthy in terms of calories. But they provide an option for those of us who choose not to include meat in our diet.

As for "Beyond" I've only had that manufacturer's product once and it seemed good, but I cant really comment upon it knowledgably.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Several stores in my area sell the Beyond Meat burgers. Kroger and Whole Foods pretty much have them in stock all the time for $5.99 for two patties. The Beyond Meat website has $1 coupons so it isn't too bad a price. I highly recommend them as a beef eater.

Eventually the price for all these should come down.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Several stores in my area sell the Beyond Meat burgers. Kroger and Whole Foods pretty much have them in stock all the time for $5.99 for two patties. The Beyond Meat website has $1 coupons so it isn't too bad a price. I highly recommend them as a beef eater.

Eventually the price for all these should come down.

Well I did get mine taken home not eaten fresh at the place, but still i won't be eating any at the fast food places we have never done that.
We may try the home version, but really the brands we already use have been great.We do make them good, with our own "special sauce" catsup, mayo horseradish, sauteed and fresh onion, really great buns!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join