It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong Protesters Wave the American Flag, but Is It Too Late?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Look at the article and especially the pictures. Call this kid crazy? I do. He must be reading too many CIA published comic books or is spending too much time on his Samsung Smart Phone or just playing playing too many video games. Do they get CNN in Hong Kong. That may explain it. Christ of all the things to do in China. I have been there. I also studied at Hong Kong University for a summer graduate school MBA course and of of the things to do is death by suicide by waving an American flag in Hong Kong which is owned by China. I will say a prayer for you kid but they may send you to North Korea for a televised firing squad rocket launch practice combo. That would happen after your gang raped by the Army. Kim Jong-un loves those rockets along with the shoulder types. Anyway here's the latest:

Hong Kong Protesters

They see something in us. We can see something of ourselves in them. To state the obvious, everyone paying attention here in the States loves the Hong Kongers. Truly. I think we see our best selves in them. And the Hong Kongers waving American flags still see something in us, something that they want to be. In fact, that’s what’s bothering me. But we’ll get to that in a minute. Have you heard Hong Kong’s new anthem? Perhaps it is a national anthem in the making. Don’t tell some of your more squeamish conservatives, but Hong Kongers — innovative though they are — are sticking to the old standbys when trying to rouse fellow feeling; the anthem includes prominent mentions of “blood” and “soil.” Martyrs for freedom tend to make it into anthems. Due process not so much, though that is what they are fighting for.

edit on 12-9-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 12-9-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It speaks.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The HK protesters should look back at history - specifically Hungary in 1956. America did not help them.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It is to late and unfortunately there is nothing we can do short of starting ww3, China because of the power difference allowed Taiwan, they will never allow us to do the same with Hong Kong.

ETA: and yes it saddens me greatly that there are people there with a stronger understanding of freedom than here in the USA, and they will eventually be crushed.
edit on 12-9-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Fugu (a type of puffer fish) is considered a delicacy, despite the fact that, if improperly prepared, eating it can be deadly.

Democracy, inherent with any form of autonomy, can be as deadly to an authoritarian state as the poison contained in the puffer fish.

Despite their undeniable disproportionate power, compared to tiny Hong Kong, China would be well advised to “handle” the HK protests with great care, less the desire for democracy “leak” from its containment and “poison” the body of the homeland.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
It is to late and unfortunately there is nothing we can do short of starting ww3, China because of the power difference allowed Taiwan, they will never allow us to do the same with Hong Kong.
ETA: and yes it saddens me greatly that there are people there with a stronger understanding of freedom than here in the USA, and they will eventually be crushed.

Is Taiwan safe (out of China's clutches)? They used to be a great 'heavy machine' manufacturing country. What is the forecast for Hong Kong? For some reason the communist country of China is hypocritically GREEDY regarding its GNP. Enslave the whole of the populous to enrich the few at the top that govern.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

It speaks.

Picture is a joke. Have you seen real Chinese protest since Huawei? Antifa ain't Chinese. They don't fly the Chinese flag. HK protesters has been caught red handed with White helmets. Some people are terrorists in the group trying to cause WW3 between US and China. Watch some convert to Islam after.

Protestor with white Helmet

Do not join into the China war.

top topics

join