It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new and improved progressive 10 Commandments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Now what the hell is going on here?

I posted to an OP I thought was just a hater but I can't even
get that right! I'm getting old and I'm not happy about it.

edit on 12-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Number 5 could read:
Honor Hollywood, the entertainment industry, big tech, and social media. They are now your mother and father.
For questions regarding any other commandments, refer to Number 5.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Just some people
being mad at people
for making a book
about god
and law
and getting mad
at other people
for not taking seriously
a book
about god and law
written by men
who know nothing

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: The2Billies
I just think your OP sounds like some old timer character- 'kids these days, etc... back in my day, etc...'

I just don't know if you are trying to make some earth shattering point or just complaining about the way the world is now vs the way it used to be.

My point is that the value system of the US has changed entirely and completely. The progressive liberal left insists on this new value system and that everyone follow it. It is up to you whether or not you agree it is good.

The point is to make people think. Is it really a good thing to throw out the baby with the bath water? Is society better off overall with a total rejection of Judeo-Christian values as most progressive liberals wish to do.

The point is not griping or the way it used to be.

The point is to make people think.

As a retired professor, making people think and not just swallow what they are told is a good thing. I LOVE to force people to think and think deeply, which is a terribly old fashioned idea in academia these days.

Yes, I'm a little old and old fashioned, I want people to think and to debate and then to make up their own minds. So yesterday and old fashioned, I admit.

edit on 9/12/19 by The2Billies because: formatting

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Just some people
being mad at people
for making a book
about god
and law
and getting mad
at other people
for not taking seriously
a book
about god and law
written by men
who know nothing

Thank you now I don't feel so lost!
edit on 12-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Just some people
being mad at people
for making a book
about god
and law
and getting mad
at other people
for not taking seriously
a book
about god and law
written by men
who know nothing

Once again, specifically what to you agree with or disagree with?

Simply putting people/a book down is not a stand on anything. It is a cop out as far as I am concerned.

Read my post(s) before this one! It appears your assumption is not accurate.

THINK person, think! What do you agree with or disagree with?

edit on 9/12/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Just some people
being mad at people
for making a book
about god
and law
and getting mad
at other people
for not taking seriously
a book
about god and law
written by men
who know nothing

Thank you now I don't feel so lost!

Sorry the poem got the intent wrong. I suggest you re-read my previous posts and then you should grasp the point.

Thanks!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I totally understand and agree with your main point.
I've spent many years thinking and debating this subject and I have come to my own personal conclusions.
I really think religion is more harmful than helpful.
We shouldn't be competing in a world of opposing religions and religious values. This is so damaging.
What is even more damaging is the effects of religion that I have witnessed in America.
So many people do nothing with their lives but sit around and consume. TV, food, entertainment, etc.
They do not grow. what is the point of them growing? All they need to know is that Jesus is waiting for them one day...

I am not allowing my daughters to be brainwashed by religious indoctrination.
I don't want them thinking there is some magical crutch to use to limp around life with.

You're born, you'll die, you only get one life, do something with it! Don't just sit around soaking in corn syrup and game of throne episodes while time passes you by.
There is no Jesus at the end of the rainbow. There is no heaven waiting for you when you die. Get your slice of heaven NOW while you are still here and very much alive.

So... when I see this 10 commandments fluff, I can't help but feel that this is wayyy off track from what we really should be focussing on.
Like - live an let live and do unto others as you would want done unto you, etc..

not .. this progressive blah blah nonsense look what they did! stuff

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Sweetheart you could have put this synopsis up first.

The point is not griping or the way it used to be. The point is to make people think. As a retired professor, making people think and not just swallow what they are told is a good thing. I LOVE to force people to think and think deeply, which is a terribly old fashioned idea in academia these days. Yes, I'm a little old and old fashioned, I want people to think and to debate and then to make up their own minds. So yesterday and old fashioned, I admit.

But that's okay I'm up to speed now.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Couple of things
The Ten Commandments were handed to Moses, it’s not for Christians, so what is this about?
Christians are called to love people, don’t think anyone else is commanded to live by the 10 commandments except Jews.
Non Christians have a feeewill, a gift from God, to choose their own course for their lives, not your judgement

Sadly you don’t understand Christianity

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Yeah because the world needs more Stalins, Mao’s and Pol Pots, atheists are ALL so nice

Progressive or ignorant brainwashed blah blah nonsense, no, nonsense means silly, to say atheism is a sweet lovely idea is pig ignorant bordering on stupidity, well not bordering, it is stupidity

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

But if everybody was Stalin, we wouldn't even mind the Hitlers...

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe or buy this nonsense that all atheists are terrible people.
That's just silly

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I totally understand and agree with your main point.
I've spent many years thinking and debating this subject and I have come to my own personal conclusions.
I really think religion is more harmful than helpful.
We shouldn't be competing in a world of opposing religions and religious values. This is so damaging.
What is even more damaging is the effects of religion that I have witnessed in America.
So many people do nothing with their lives but sit around and consume. TV, food, entertainment, etc.
They do not grow. what is the point of them growing? All they need to know is that Jesus is waiting for them one day...

I am not allowing my daughters to be brainwashed by religious indoctrination.
I don't want them thinking there is some magical crutch to use to limp around life with.

You're born, you'll die, you only get one life, do something with it! Don't just sit around soaking in corn syrup and game of throne episodes while time passes you by.
There is no Jesus at the end of the rainbow. There is no heaven waiting for you when you die. Get your slice of heaven NOW while you are still here and very much alive.

So... when I see this 10 commandments fluff, I can't help but feel that this is wayyy off track from what we really should be focussing on.
Like - live an let live and do unto others as you would want done unto you, etc..

not .. this progressive blah blah nonsense look what they did! stuff

I believe the most important sentence in the Bible is to "Love your neighbor as yourself" meaning respect others and definitely do unto others as you want done unto you.

But unfortunately, that is not the way society is headed. The progressive "nonsense" is the way the US is definitely headed. These are the rules that the progressive liberals (not classical liberals) demand everyone live by. With a total rejection of "traditional" values, which were based in Judeo-Christian 10 Commandments, which were accepted moral foundations of the US - we are finding ourselves in an ever and rapidly changing set of "nonsense" values. A discussion of this is healthy for our society and a good one to have.

When one chooses total and complete rejection of the old fashioned religiously based values held by the US up until the last few decades - ones ends up with ever changing (can't hurt feelings, can't say no, must accept everyone and everything) society. Has that helped or hurt society?

For example, there is now serious discussion of the acceptance of post-birth abortion. A new progressive liberal value. slate.com... (article: After birth abortion, the pro choice case for infanticide)

Our society needs to stop insulting each other and throwing stones, and start looking objectively before throwing out morals and values of generations past just because they can be found in the Bible and Torah. You even agree with some Bible verses, such as demanding people treat others as they want to be treated, and to respect your neighbors, to not steal from others, to pay your taxes, to not kill wantonly.

edit on 9/12/19 by The2Billies because: addition grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I mean, I could easily say the same...

Yeah, right, the last thing the world needs is more Jerry Falwells or Joel Osteens
yuck

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I think my main problem with your OP is that you are lumping in PC fascists with modern day atheists and agnostics.

Two separate things.

PC culture can and will destroy itself.
Modern thinking and science is something completely different.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Couple of things
The Ten Commandments were handed to Moses, it’s not for Christians, so what is this about?
Christians are called to love people, don’t think anyone else is commanded to live by the 10 commandments except Jews.
Non Christians have a feeewill, a gift from God, to choose their own course for their lives, not your judgement

Sadly you don’t understand Christianity

Sigh, I suppose as the child of a Christian pastor and the spouse of a Christian pastor, I don't buy your standards of what a Christian should be or think. Sorry.

I thought the 10 Commandments were a part of the Bible, the entire Bible, one I have always been taught was important and instructive for Christians to live by.

I respect Jews and our Jewish heritage. To me one can not deny that Jesus was Jewish and taught Jewish principles and read from and quoted from the Torah. The Torah is what I consider to be fundamental to Christianity. I'm sorry you appear to disagree, but that is ok.

Guess we have two entirely differing points of view on what it is to be a Christian. That's ok.

edit on 9/12/19 by The2Billies because: addition grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
For those of you who seem to be missing the point, the OP is discussing how decadent and immoral society has become.
From a political standpoint, you can debate whether the democratic left is to blame or not. Many people believe the left is to blame.

As for morality, here's something to consider:
My 20-year old niece did a report on 'morals and values' for a college sociology class.
The media rooms at her college have cable TV and Netflix. She loaded Netflix, and in 15 minutes found numerous shows containing deviant sex (like bestiality), extreme violence (including graphic torture and dismemberment) cannibalism,
extreme hedonistic behavior (group sex and drug and alcohol use) and satanism.

Maybe some of you think that stuff is normal, or that it's "old-fashoined" to think otherwise.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I think my main problem with your OP is that you are lumping in PC fascists with modern day atheists and agnostics.

Two separate things.

PC culture can and will destroy itself.
Modern thinking and science is something completely different.

The PC culture may or may not destroy itself. As long as it is willing to impose through cyber bullying, forcing people to lose jobs and businesses, and committing actual violence (ANTIFA) to ensure compliance with PC values it will be around for a long long time. Also, social media, tech media, the media, Hollywood, and music are all indoctrinating children into the PC culture and support coercive means to reinforce the PC culture. Where there is no foundation, the house shifts and windows shatter, and it must be constantly rebuilt - as long as there is no culturally agreed upon foundation, society will be in constant flux as to what is moral, what is right, how people should think, how people should speak, etc.

I have nothing against agnostics or atheists. I do take issue with the PC culture of coercion and force into one way of thinking. It is as bad or worse than what people accuse today's modern Christians of doing. At least today's modern Christians don't riot, destroy property, and beat up people for not agreeing with their value system or for saying something they disagree with ideologically.

Seems we actually have a lot in common!!

edit on 9/12/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

As for morality, here's something to consider: My 20-year old niece did a report on 'morals and values' for a college sociology class. The media rooms at her college have cable TV and Netflix. She loaded Netflix, and in 15 minutes found numerous shows containing deviant sex (like bestiality), extreme violence (including graphic torture and dismemberment) cannibalism, extreme hedonistic behavior (group sex and drug and alcohol use) and satanism. Maybe some of you think that stuff is normal, or that it's "old-fashoined" to think otherwise.

I'd have gone to prison on that one. Even at 20 yrs she doesn't need that
crap in her mind. I would've flipped TF out!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

True.
Change is always happening and change always hurts.
One day we will arrive at a new world where PC culture has worked out all of the nonsense.
Where people will be born into a world that will hopefully be more universally equal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join