It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Dems '''Rules, we don't need no stinking rules"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

House Judiciary Committee Forging Ahead on Impeachment Despite Most Americans Opposing It

Well well well it is that time again.
Poor ole congressman green was right after all.....

The House Judiciary Committee plans to vote on a resolution as early as Wednesday to formalize procedures for its so-called impeachment inquiry in hopes of moving it along faster this fall, according to reports.

Faster you say?
Cause in these types of cases speed is of the utmost importance,right?

This is despite the full House never taking a vote on impeachment and only a third of the House backing impeachment or an impeachment inquiry, as well as a recent poll showing that impeachment is opposed by most Americans.

what what what
no vote from the house you say? wait I thought that was a rule?

Sen. Doug Collins (R-GA), the ranking Republican on the committee, said in a tweet Monday that Judiciary Democrats “are trying to pull a fast one on Americans.”They know they don’t have the votes for the whole House to impeach, so they’re trying to adopt committee rules to govern an ‘impeachment investigation’ the House hasn’t even authorized,” he added.

don't have the votes......back to that congressman green......
wait what, the house has to authorize.....

Historically, an impeachment inquiry begins after a full vote in the House. The issue is then referred to the House Judiciary Committee, which would draft articles of impeachment for another vote by the House.

those pesky rules again.......
why do dems never want to follow rules it seems?

Without a majority support in the House, Nadler is effectively skipping the first step to begin an impeachment inquiry.

This genius can't even get the full support of his party.
Why would he be allowed to do this?

“What they’re doing is they’re going to try to change our rules and it’s really sad because what they’re trying to make it look more impeachment-like. They want to make it look like they’re doing something that they promised their base, because they’ve been out promising they would get this president,” Collins said on Fox News on Monday. “They want people to believe something that’s not true. They want to continue to put a false narrative out there,” he added. “And really my concern is when does it cross the line of being a House Judiciary Committee, and when do they become just being part of the DNC campaign operations next year?”

more broken rules it seems
at this point it seems that is all they are reliable for

Currently, more than 130 Democrats and one independent support impeachment or an impeachment inquiry. Democrats need 218 in the House to reach a majority and formally impeach the president.

what a bunch of bozos

The latest polling on impeachment, by Monmouth University Polling Institute, showed that 59 percent of Americans oppose impeachment.

breaking the rules to get what you want won't change those numbers
it will only make them worse

it appears to me they have set their own house on fire to get rid of their rodent problem, when will they realize they will have no house to return to when the rodents are gone?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Speaking of rules. The Republicans controlled the all three branches of government 3 times in my lifetime. And each time they did not outlaw abortion. All they had to do is change the rules at the beginning of the session. The Republican could have passed an Constitutional Amendment banning abortion but they never do. I thought in 2002 it was it but no.

I'm beginning to think Republicans prefer to keep their best wedge issue for getting out the vote right where it is.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

They plan on another dog and pony circus where they are going to call all kinds of people to the stand. I hope every one of the people they call on, tell them to "Get Bent!".

There is no group of people MORE LAWLESS than those in DC who write the laws. Well, they really don't write them, they get them handed to them by PAC's.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Speaking of rules. The Republicans controlled the all three branches of government 3 times in my lifetime. And each time they did not outlaw abortion. All they had to do is change the rules at the beginning of the session. The Republican could have passed an Constitutional Amendment banning abortion but they never do. I thought in 2002 it was it but no.

I'm beginning to think Republicans prefer to keep their best wedge issue for getting out the vote right where it is.

this isnt an abortion thread
start one and i will participate

thanks

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

They plan on another dog and pony circus where they are going to call all kinds of people to the stand. I hope every one of the people they call on, tell them to "Get Bent!".

There is no group of people MORE LAWLESS than those in DC who write the laws. Well, they really don't write them, they get them handed to them by PAC's.

when they wont even follow their own rules it is nothing but bs

and they wonder why people are betting on them losing in a gargantuan fashon

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

A constitutional amendment requires a two thirds majority from both branches and three fourths of the states to ratify.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

They're dragging rock bottom with no rise in sight. The democrats haven't been this desperate to stop something since we pushed Civil Rights and ended their Jim Crow Law.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Logic and facts hold no sway here.
You will not deter them from their glorious purpose!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

They're dragging rock bottom with no rise in sight. The democrats haven't been this desperate to stop something since we pushed Civil Rights and ended their Jim Crow Law.

I agree,

Their own party isn't supporting Nadler.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

They're just playing more failed politics. They learned nothing in 2016, and rather than do their jobs in congress when this nation needs so much to be done... They'll waste time and money going after failed objectives to pander to a minority.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

They learned nothing in 2016, and rather than do their jobs in congress when this nation needs so much to be done

both need to learn that lesson

will this be part of the official dnc platform?
If now how will it not tear the party apart?
Or do they just no longer care?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

2020 dem mottoes-

"Vote for me, I'm not Trump"
"I helped to try and impeach"
"I don't like racists, or nazis"

While as compelling as all of those are, I don't really hear much policy discussion other than free stuff.

Ironically, they have an opportunity to really rediscover their root, or redefine themselves in a way to be competitive with Trump... But they're not making an effort to do either.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

A constitutional amendment requires a two thirds majority from both branches and three fourths of the states to ratify.

Amazing how poorly our educational system has become at teaching basic civics isn't it?

It is no accident, by the way.

Liberals prefer an uneducated population, that are not aware of their govermental check and balances, or the importance of the constitution, as it relates to the protection of an individual's rights.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Unfortunately for the last 25 years our education system has been focused on feelings not facts.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
you left out the green new deal
gun confiscation
and higher taxes

you know the things that they think will get them elected.....

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

They aren't making policy arguements because they realize they can't win those when they have to be specific.

The #1 concern of a majority of Americans is the economy. Failing a complete collapse, there is nothing to argue.

They, as a party (not all individuals), have refused to address immigration reform, which is also among top concerns of the electorate. Another fight they can't win.

They are simply trying to buy votes, with promises of free stuff, that any rational person realizes is not free. When asked how such programs are to be funded, they resort to vague solutions that are not realistic.

My point is that they can't run on issues, because they are on the wrong side of mist of them, and if they try, they will exposed as bigger clowns than they already appear to be.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Or maybe that's proof that republicans aren't going to make a full scale ban on abortion despite the Democrats continually trying to tell the American people that's what they want to do. Also in those three times, they haven't gotten rid of Social Security. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your world view?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
you left out the green new deal
gun confiscation
and higher taxes

you know the things that they think will get them elected.....

I guess they feel like maybe now is the time they have ultimate leverage to slide these kinds of things in rather than avoiding wedge issues... Doubling down on 2016 when they called anyone who didn't play ball with them bigots.

I'm sure it will work this time, lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
they have that french actor campaigning for them, you know that jucy smolyea guy
he will keep the racists away

you should look up chappelles description of such
you will not be disappointed

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

This is typical of Democrats. Cant win the game so they have to change the rules so they can win. Sore losers every single one of them.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join