It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel blasts report it planted spy devices near White House as fake news

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

And that is an interesting bit. Offhand, it sounds like diplomatic attempts to resolve this out of public sight were not satisfactory. So now the pressure is being jacked up a bit.

public embarrassment?

Yeah, I hear you about this kind of thing being galling. All relations between countries are basically void of anything like real friendship. Even with countries like the U.K., any deals we set up are strictly quid pro quo. There is -never- anything like, "gee, we see you're good guys, so this one is a freebie" ... everyone wants their cut.

word on the street is when all the info from the recent russia investigation is released 5 eyes will have some explaining to do
deals indeed

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Similar to when ppl "freak out" over election meddling by foreign entities, as if the US is above such things.

The US goverment has done more to influence regime change than any other country in history.

Don't get me wrong, somethimes (usually not) the means justify the ends, but to pretend otherwise, and feign outrage is ludicrous.

You articulated that very well.

That meddling too (by others on us) is done more times than not by taking advantage of our open society and free speech. That comes with the territory people, don't get mad at other countries acting in their interest, be mad at society for not being well read enough to defend themselves from such exploitation. free speech comes with responsibility of awareness.
edit on 12-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

public embarrassment?

Going public increases the number of directions the scandal can go. The hope may be that the Israelis will want to quash the situation before it starts spinning out of control. Might work, might not.

Yeah, 5 Eyes. It has been a useful arrangement for several decades, but if the projected revelations indicate it has become a tool for internal surveillance, my guess is that the arrangement will continue but with (notionally) less cooperation. Again, assuming those allegations are correct, what I find stunning is the countries involved would have risked the reputation of the 5 Eyes agreements simply to assist one country's politician who was destined to soon leave office in any case. Not a good ROI.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
true
but vastly different than finding their surveillance hardware in dc
I thought mossad was better than this?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

oh no, strong reasons not to believe the story right?

Shakes head.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

what I find stunning is the countries involved would have risked the reputation of the 5 Eyes agreements simply to assist one country's politician who was destined to soon leave office in any case.

I agree.
The "greater good" and all.

Seems more like a toddler tantrum reaction.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I thought mossad was better than this?

Me too, usually they just use Pegasus rather than going through the extra effort of having someone with hardware more susceptible to exposure.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

That doesn't mean we have to accept it and it sure doesn't mean we dont call it out when we discover it.
Cell phones in DC... wonder who they want to listen to?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

If it is our "allies" it is all the more disgusting.

When you let the world know that you don't give a flying fig about cyber security you open the door to all kinds of spying.
Pretty much an open door.
Cyber security is like climate change around here.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

We spy on other countries citizens and leaders, and vise versa... It is what it is.

Yes, and it usually beats being paranoid about the intentions of other countries and having tensions unnecessarily rise.

I wonder how many of the younger generations know the West and Soviets legally operated "military liaison missions" in each other's territory in Germany during the Cold War. They were military intelligence operations and allowed by the four major powers in Europe. There were rules for their operation (mostly followed), but it got very ugly at times to include shooting (and killing) incidents.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I wonder how many of the younger generations know the West and Soviets legally operated "military liaison missions" in each other's territory in Germany during the Cold War.

Or how now we just send "private contractors" to do clandestine ops so if they get captured or killed, we can act like we didn't get delivered a blow.

When we took out 100~ Russian mercs in Syria, it was just brushed under the rug by the international community. (edit, it didn't even get much traction here.)

The ends never change, just the tactics.
edit on 12-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

as if the US is above such things

As if that's an excuse to allow it...

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

as if the US is above such things

As if that's an excuse to allow it...

No one wants to allow it. That's why we have a CIA and FBI to try and minimize it as much as possible.

We're merely saying it's not enough to dissolve alliances or flirt with conflict or tension.

Capture the spy(s), and use them for leverage when we need to do a trade or something of the sorts. Espionage 101.

link   

When we took out 100~ Russian mercs in Syria, it was just brushed under the rug by the international community.

That was "signaling". And if the USA is smart, they'll bear in mind the Russians will NOT forget that. Memories like elephants, those people have ...

Cheers

link   

They tried to murder everyone on USS Liberty and sink it. Do you really think they wouldn't plant devices or insert spy's if they can get away with it?

edit on 12-9-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

If it is our "allies" it is all the more disgusting.

When you let the world know that you don't give a flying fig about cyber security you open the door to all kinds of spying.
Pretty much an open door.
Cyber security is like climate change around here.

yeah barak and hillary shouldn't have done that should they?
will there be a video tape to blame all this on as well?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
doesn't make it any less nasty

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

will there be a video tape to blame all this on as well?

Audio. One of Nixon's tape recorders is undiscovered and is STILL running ...

Cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
that is funny!
guess it is why comey was so scrambled when trump told him he better hope there is no tape lol

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

That doesn't mean we have to accept it and it sure doesn't mean we dont call it out when we discover it.
Cell phones in DC... wonder who they want to listen to?

I would agree that when things like this come to light, there should be "consequences".

It's ppl that act like we don't do the same things, that I don't understand.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join