It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As of today, it is officially possible for a voting American citizen to have been born after 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
9/11 was 18 years ago. If someone were born on the day of the attack, they would be 18 years old now. Able to vote.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

And I thought the Kennedy assassination was bad. 9/11 was absolutely the most horrific thing to ever happen to this country. The Patriot Act has destroyed our rights. The trillions of dollars we spend on never ending war has left the majority of us living in poverty or always in debt. Everyone has big mortgages with no healthcare or retirement security. And no matter how much productivity gains are made by big business wages never go up.

It's a long way from the days when this song characterized this country:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

And I thought the Kennedy assassination was bad. 9/11 was absolutely the most horrific thing to ever happen to this country. The Patriot Act has destroyed our rights. The trillions of dollars we spend on never ending war has left the majority of us living in poverty or always in debt. Everyone has big mortgages with no healthcare or retirement security. And no matter how much productivity gains are made by big business wages never go up.

A bit off topic. I used to love Steve Miller. Some of his songs I can sing along to. But then he lost the 'plot', got fat and wasted.

Maybe that's the over all problem.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

A bit off topic. I used to love Steve Miller. Some of his songs I can sing along to. But then he lost the 'plot', got fat and wasted.

Maybe that's the over all problem.

Kind regards,

bally

No the people are not steering the ship, the people are passengers, the ruling class steer the ship and when it hits rocks the blame lies squarely on them.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lol the ruling class always steers the ship lol.. that’s why they are the ruling class..

The question is , who is the ruling class in America ?”

Easy..

Big business

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lol the ruling class always steers the ship lol.. that’s why they are the ruling class..

The question is , who is the ruling class in America ?”

Easy..

Big business

So why is it the people are to blame for failing cities and infastrucure?

Too lazy , no work ethic...
edit on 12-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

And 18 year olds are able to join the military and go fight in the same war in the same places their fathers fought in.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If our Public Schools wernt so damn liberal they all have history lessons and show them videos of what happened and who was involved with no white washing. This new generating is going to grow up thinking these goddamn planes just flew themselves into a building. I believe our education system is actually making people ignorant of important historical facts.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

9/11 was 18 years ago. If someone were born on the day of the attack, they would be 18 years old now. Able to vote.

Yep, and that fact scares me to death.

Air pods in the voting booth..

edit on 12-9-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

As of today ATS has sunk even lower in quality of threads.

sigh

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I agree the patriot act destroyed a lot of rights... the rest of this post is pure nonsense and entirely hyperbolic BS.

The majority of Americans living in poverty? BS.

“Everyone has huge mortgages”? BS.

No one has healthcare? BS.

I’m not sure what world you live in but it’s definitely not reality.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
People certainly are paying too much for healthcare, but I don't think that's because of 9/11.

I started the thread just because I find it odd that an event that far gone still seems like it happened yesterday. 5,000 people is a lot to die in one day, but it's nothing compared to what some countries have seen in this century (or especially the last decades of the 20th century.)

We keep telling those guys to move on. Can we?

join