It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my dog alright?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am hoping there is someone here who might be able to help me. Just 2 days ago, when I woke up and my dogs was besides me, I noticed something very peculiar. All up his legs, these random black dots had formed, which seem to be hair, and is somewhat similar to how a dalmation looks. The next day, even more had appeared. I've never seen anything like this before.

These are not even, there are 32 of these on back left leg, 16 on his back right left, and are all around, while there are 8 and 4 on his front-right and front-left legs, except only on on side and look more like stripes.

He is a 1 year old collie mix and is golden and black, with a white neck. He last went to the vet a few months ago.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't know if this applies to dogs, but my local vet told me that if you open a cat's mouth and check their gums, that's the best way to find out of they're sick. She basically said if the gums were turning white, they were sick. If they were a healthy pink, they were all fine.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Other than the black dots has the dog any other symtoms, ie.. a cold?
scratching?

This could be a result of an allergy.
Is there any black dots near his nose?

From what i am aware of this is harmless, But ill look a bit more in to it for you and see what i can find,

join