It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another major city, descending into the dumpster.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: rickymouse

liked it better when Christianity was a major player in our society. I have never been a stout Christian but they did get something right, thou shall not steal, thou shall not kill, thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor, though shall not covet thy neighbors wife, though shall not covet thy neighbors goods.

That’s fine but the problem was they stole whole countries. Genocided whole races and became just another Roman Empire hiding behind FAKE moral platitudes that weren't really followed.

The Bible I've quoted numerous times here the hundreds of verses that condemned the rich and greedy and said feed the poor and they don't remotely follow that.

Please point to me on the doll where the Christian touched you...

Jokes not aside(I already did the other post). I'll point out on the doll where they didn't touch me...and wished they had...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: toysforadults

We can analyze poverty all we want, but the key is what makes people poor.

The problem is that too many people want to blame everyone and everything except themselves for that.

Poor people make poor choices. My brother-in-law's brother is a trained mechanic. How many truly poor mechanics do you know? I know one. He can't even hold down a job because he lacks the basic job skills to show up on time and consistently, so he ends up fired.

Again, poor people make poor choices.

Nobody is ever going to point out the obvious...

Here is exactly how to improve your financial situation, your life situation.

But it's a lot easier to just blame others and ask your government to make it all better for you.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It's generally bad form to admit you had a crush on the priest.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

liked it better when Christianity was a major player in our society. I have never been a stout Christian but they did get something right, thou shall not steal, thou shall not kill, thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor, though shall not covet thy neighbors wife, though shall not covet thy neighbors goods.

That’s fine but the problem was they stole whole countries. Genocided whole races and became just another Roman Empire hiding behind FAKE moral platitudes that weren't really followed.

The Bible I've quoted numerous times here the hundreds of verses that condemned the rich and greedy and said feed the poor and they don't remotely follow that.

Jokes not aside(I already did the other post). I'll point out on the doll where they didn't touch me...and wished they had...

Now this explains a lot about you...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

They should take the win.

How many of them could actually portray themselves as the victim....

ETA: The "Priest" was in fact a Priestest and she had the classical big ol knockers of the typical priestest straight out of a 80's B horror movie.
edit on 11-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

a reply to: liejunkie01

You’re from the industrial northwest, or rather the past industrial northwest.

I think of Gary Indiana, what a disaster.

It’s the American downfall. Indeed, the digital age somewhat saved us but people are probably not doing too well because of the loss of manufacturing and the wealth divide, the union movement destruction, and the technology replacing jobs with robots.

America needs a massive retraining effort and to lower college tuitions or the future is grim...

Good luck!

There seems to be 2 schools of thought at play, some are saying the economy is booming others are saying major cities are descending into the dumpster. Seems to be somewhat of a quagmire.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I've had bad luck with priests... they generally cry a lot after and leave without cooking breakfast.

~shrug~

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I've had bad luck with priests... they generally cry a lot after and leave without cooking breakfast.

~shrug~

Damn Femists....stop turning my serious thread into a joke fest.

I'm trying here....

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It’s the American downfall. Indeed, the digital age somewhat saved us but people are probably not doing too well because of the loss of manufacturing and the wealth divide, the union movement destruction, and the technology replacing jobs with robots.

America needs a massive retraining effort and to lower college tuitions or the future is grim...

Good luck!

There seems to be 2 schools of thought at play, some are saying the economy is booming others are saying major cities are descending into the dumpster. Seems to be somewhat of a quagmire.

Maybe major cities are not a good indicator of overall economic success.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

~shrug~

I'm trying here....

That wasn't a joke.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

~shrug~

I'm trying here....

That wasn't a joke.

Well............

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Now this explains a lot about you...

Clarification post was after your response.

Those 80's horror chicks had big knockers.....You can't blame me for wanting it, even during a zombie apocalypse.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

What does that mean?

And BTW it's not just Christianity it's all religions that have on one hand espoused they love their fellow man but we have oppression all over history and even today, this very day, for instance, people did horrible things in the name of religion.

NO RELIGION ON EARTH IS INNOCENT

Of course, there are sincere good believers in all religions.

Unfortunately, the bad wins over the good in most cases.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It must take a very dense mindset to not be able to differentiate between the past grave sins/crimes of church officials from the average generous hearted loving Christian people, and they exist by the hundreds of millions (globally) today in EVERY country on the planet, and they had absolutely nothing to do with genocides or kid harming crud that all the anti Christians love to smear into the entire flock so they can dismiss the whole concept of God and living according to a Godly way, ore even put any effort into that sort of thing.

Just following that thinking for anyone on this planet is a surefire fail, but it is everyone's freewill to make that choice of course. It is also why the world is full of sin and evil today.
The ones of the past who did those things were only imposters. That is obviously true if you take an honest look at it.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Good luck!

I thought the cities were the beating heart, the hub of an areas financial network, if the city fails so do the surrounding areas.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The economy is booming for the rich.

The Lower- and middle-class people have to have two or three jobs too often to survive.

The rich have cultured society for the rich, not those who have to work every day. The result may be absolute horror for the millennials who will have to work in their 80's and 90's if they let the PTB trick them in doing things like privatizing SS.

They call it the GIG economy

Rich folks can afford to go from job to job but the low and middle class have been forced to live that rich man's lifestyle without being rich

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh I agree, I'm seeing it play out like the rest of us are, as the gap widens between t h e rich and poor we will see many more areas fail, I'm betting Elysium is looking good to the rich about now.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
pretty much every us city/town is overrun with drugs and crime, with half of americans on prescription mental meds and at least the other half also on street drugs.

lots of diseases esp venereal ones affect at least half the population by their teens, already.

yet we're policing the world, over.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

What does that mean?

And BTW it's not just Christianity it's all religions that have on one hand espoused they love their fellow man but we have oppression all over history and even today, this very day, for instance, people did horrible things in the name of religion.

NO RELIGION ON EARTH IS INNOCENT

Of course, there are sincere good believers in all religions.

Unfortunately, the bad wins over the good in most cases.

Speaking as what you would call a Pagan...

Why do you lump in everything Christianity has done wrong in the past with now?

And if that is true, are we supposed to approach other topics the same way?

The Democratic party, for instance, were the slave owners in the South... brought on the only Civil war we ever had, fought for 50 years to keep women from voting, instituted segregation laws and are were the champions of eugenics.

So shouldn't the same mindset apply?

Christians BAD... because some things they did years ago.

Democrats GOOD... because why exactly?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Good luck!

I thought the cities were the beating heart, the hub of an areas financial network, if the city fails so do the surrounding areas.

LOL, yes, if the small less than 10 percent of the land mass of the US falls, the whole country will fall into despair.

What would the other 90 percent do with all it's resources, food, fresh water(straight from the ground) and survivalists ideals do without the massive mega cities that just suck up resources and contribute nothing(in the way of essential life sustaining production do).

Cities are expendable. They are sacrificial and be the first to fall. Their failure, while greatly covered and lamented, will be a blip on the radar for most of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join