It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King Caves To PC Culture Takes The Word ‘Ham’ Out of ‘Hamburger’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

“It does just fine on its own “

~Cousin Eddie

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Is that when they were cooked in beef lard/tallow?

I just thought they changed because it was healthier in some peoples opinion

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Ummm...now you’ve gone and insulted Hawaiians the whole world round...or at least the ones trapped on those little islands...that really like the stuff...

The ham I buy is tender and tasty and juicy and a completely different flavor profile than that canned crap swimming in sodium benzoate...

Besides...Arby’s has a ham and cheddar...shaved ham piled on a toasted onion roll with melted cheddar oozing out all over...it’s tasty...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I don't Mind . After All , there is No " Ham " in a Hamburger , it's Supposed to be " All Beef " ..............

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
No way, I didn’t say it was bad!
One time many years ago after an all day hike.
We fried up two cans of spam and a bunch of wild leeks (Ramps) we had gathered on the hike.
Let me tell you it was the most delicious thing I had eaten ever!
We were hungry, yes.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wilbur...put down the knife wilbur lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
"Hamburger King" becomes "Burger King."

?

Lol

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6...along with an an order of fried onion crescents.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This sickens me and rattled me down to my inner thighs.

I was in a shoppers drug mart - large pharmacy/over the counter drug store, and there was a book on the shelf that looked as if it was trying to portray the holy grail.

The title:
Gender Neutral Baby Names.
Just the sight of that garbage sent me into a ranting tirade about how it’s so against the PC law to be addressed as a man or a woman these days.
Anything and everything these days is considered insensitive to someone or somethings needs. We wouldn’t want to make our guests uncomfortable...

Sometimes I wonder if I’m dead and living in my own personal hell.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

What was it about my reply that sparked you to toss an ad hominem attack at me Ket ? And who are ''the same ones'' you think I must be one of.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Yes. But again, it shows you can worry about meat product in non-meat foods.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I seem to recall you arguing that truth in packaging on products that aren't meat (or mayonnaise or other similar things) but are named with those types of names "Impossible Burger" as if it's actually burger and not highly processed plant product was not necessary because no one would get confused by what it actually was.

So this shouldn't be needed either, or if this is needed because we concede that people do indeed get confused, then the labeling on those products should be clearer to make it crystal what they are and are not.

And "the same ones" is not ad hominem. In every argument there are different sides, and in this case, there was a side arguing that it would be ridiculous to make the labeling clear what you were buying because no one could possibly be confused by it. Generally, they are the same ones who will not see a problem with this because this is being done in the name of cultural sensitivity.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My ten cents is... Burger king, and all the other fast food chains abroad are nothing like they are here....They can call it a Impala burger if they want? because it will not resemble anything we are used to .
After a 28 day competitive trip through Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus , and Russia in the mid 90's I ran to the Burger King upon
arrival at Heathrow, It was without a doubt the worst burger ever...The meat was white? not charbroiled and tasteless?

I haven't eaten fast food since the late 90's, But I think it is the perfect thing to send to our enemies everywhere, and much cheaper than other bio-chemical agents.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

you are right but i was talking about the time when i started to travel with my parents in mid 70s
btw if you still have freinds here in the UAE tell them to try my burgers and hot dogs at area 51 burger cafe

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude
My ten cents is... Burger king, and all the other fast food chains abroad are nothing like they are here....They can call it a Impala burger if they want? because it will not resemble anything we are used to .
After a 28 day competitive trip through Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus , and Russia in the mid 90's I ran to the Burger King upon
arrival at Heathrow, It was without a doubt the worst burger ever...The meat was white? not charbroiled and tasteless?

I haven't eaten fast food since the late 90's, But I think it is the perfect thing to send to our enemies everywhere, and much cheaper than other bio-chemical agents.

Classic

I remember arguing with Americans about why they need 19 ingredients in the MacDonald French fries, the answer was basically freedom, they are free to eat whatever contaminants they like...

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
THANK YOU
Sincerely, the people of Hamburg, Germany.

/s

Really? This is going under your skin?
Snowflakes.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Simple solution, don't go to Burger King anymore. To those that say it's a marketing technique. Why would they change a marketing strategy to appease 1.1% of the US population?

Hey. You remember when Gillette lost 8 billion because of their toxic masculinity/anti male marketing strategy?

That was a hoot.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Burger King, NOT Hamburger King was founded in 1954 and PC culture had nothing to do with the naming of this company, so I don't see the connection to PC culture now.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

I tell ya, if that is your place, the food looks pretty dang tasty. A bit further from where most of the folks I know live, around the Ruwais area, but I will mention it to them if they find themselves out your way.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Generally, they are the same ones who will not see a problem with this because this is being done in the name of cultural sensitivity.

Or..maybe some just don't care..really.

There are many things in the world to be upset about..what BK in South Africa wants to call a hamburger is not something I'm giving 3 seconds of my thought to..other than this post!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join