It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is considering a surprise vaping ban that would make flavored e-cigs illegal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This ban would immediately shutter many small businesses.

Bad move. No more nanny state.

Exactly thousands of people immediately losing their livelihood

Not to mention the giant spike in vaping deaths youll see because people have to now get ALL their juice off the black market

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

and I don't know why it's being over looked, is that the 6 deaths from vaping all had THC in their vape systems (be it an e-cig or those other devices)

You know exactly why, its the big tobacco companies , this crap is THEIR agenda.

The facts cant be reported and maintain their course.

People shouldnt be surprised, we see the news agencies do this all the time with every aspect of our daily lives, from politics to pharmaceuticals.

There is no truth in media anymore, period.

Only the agenda of the one willing to pay the most.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Everyone here decrying this as a bad thing just doesn't fully grasp that Trump is championing it, so it therefore is the best thing, and anyone who disagree's with it is wrong and quite frankly an enemy of the state (and should be deported with the rest of the undesirables).

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They can take my pineapple flavored burps from my cold, dead hands.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
For me, vaping is cheaper than smoking tobacco.
I have this feeling that I am going to be forced to go outside of buildings to vape, not vape at stadiums and PAY three times more than I pay now.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Apparently acting like an adult is a foreign concept you deported. I don't think you know how to disagree.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I love when the Federal government goes past suggesting what I can ingest.

Sometimes it's worse than my parents in highschool to be honest.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This would just create a vape black market where the product has even less oversight. Trump is wrong here.

I really got to wonder though. Did people never stop to think that inhaling artificial apple pie flavoring would probably have negative side effects? I mean I didn't need to be a doctor to see this coming.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I really got to wonder though. Did people never stop to think that inhaling artificial apple pie flavoring would probably have negative side effects?

Are we talking about vapes or McDonald's "apple pies"?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That would be my suspicion on this. It's already illegal to sell flavored cigarettes in anything but menthol, so this is the natural next step. For those in the "Won't somebody think of the children!" crowd, I call BS. When I did smoke, it started as a teenager, and I had no problems getting smokes or really any other substance I wanted with a minimal level of hassle.

Now if you read the articles about people kicking the bucket due to vaping, they mention nicotine as well as THC vaping. I know the tobacco industry is highly regulated, so my suspicion is that the nicotine vapes are perfectly fine. The THC ones, unless you live in a state that allows for lawful use, are going to include questionable contents. The fact that you can research and find that even the legal ones have forgeries in almost every case should tell you that some people are vaping some very questionable things.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
People could switch to heroin.
I mean sure, it's illegal.... but it's available.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

In the early 1900's the French wine industry fearing the influence of Absinth as a replacement for wine, started to purposely poison bottles of Absinth in order to scare the population into going back to drinking wine. The move was successful in that it made Absinth a prohibited product to ell or manufacture. Lucky for me, the has been lifted after almost 100 years, and we can all enjoy this drink. Never the less you may be on to something, it could be possible that R J Reynolds and friends might be doing this to certain vaping products in order to make cigarettes' seem less dangerous to the population that has been hooked on nicotine because of vaping. The added item of THC may be the clue to unravelling this mystery.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hanging this on "trump" is typical bs.
Trump consulting the fda and cdc is actually imo the proper way to go.
www.bloomberg.com...

The FDA began overseeing e-cigarettes in 2016 under the Obama administration.

After Donald Trump took office the next year, the agency said it would push back until 2022 a requirement that vape companies submit applications to continue selling their products. Former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said at the time that he wanted to ensure that a fledgling industry with the potential to reduce harmful cigarette smoking wasn’t stymied by regulation.

This mess appears to have been made by the fda.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

As much as I hate government interference and know it's always a slipper slope for more things... I have
to say I have absolutely love the smoking bans in buildings. I grew up in a time when smoking was allowed everywhere, planes, in the bank, kids even smoked at school and it was just something ignored, just everywhere. To be honest that was an amazing change in culture for America. I can't stand the smell of smoke, and smokers and vapers can be quite rude. The smell gives me an automatic headache. Vape to me smells 100X worse, like rotten flowers and perfume mixed with stale fruit juice.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Would be interesting to know if any of this has to do with the Tabacco lobby influencing this

Anyone one know?

Am not making a accusation am just curious.

big tobacco has bought in to this industry
Marlborough bought into juul
www.bloomberg.com...

Tobacco stocks dipped slightly after the news, with British American Tobacco Plc dropping as much as 1.3% in London. Imperial Brands Plc, which makes Blu e-cigarettes, fell as much as 0.6%. Marlboro maker Altria Group Inc., which took a $12.8 billion stake in Juul last year, was down 0.8% in early trading in New York.

12 billion is quite a lot
it is not big tobacco that is looking to stop vaping

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The illnesses are probably related to the people who can set off a smoke alarm from across the room which is by damn ridiculous in my opinion. Vape a little pen and them lungs will be ok. Most of this is because of people smoking THC infused juice. I mean, look at the cloud from the dude in the picture in the article, I'm surprised the geek isn't choking.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well broad smoking bans are kind of silly too. Just let the building owner decide. A vast majority are going to make a decision not to allow it, but if a niche pool hall wants to allow it, so what?

The feds are just fun nazis who think they know best. If a business wants to allow it and hurt the chances someone will frequent them, so be it.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So I know that companies sell flavored "juice" for vapers. What would stop them from selling straight no flavor equivalents and then another company sells an additive with the language "not to be used for e-cigarette vaping" or something similar to that. People will think their way around this restriction I'm sure, if it ever comes to pass. The THC ones are most likely the actual culprits because due to the legality of them in most states, people are buying whatever they can find from their local guy, who probably has no clue where it comes from. It could come from a legal dispensary in a legal location and you'll be fine, or it could come from someone trying to make a quick buck and cutting the liquid with something that is causing these problems for people.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The vape cartridges killing people are poorly processed, blackmarket (and illegal) THC/CBD vape cartridges. They are being processed using Vitamin E oil or MCT, and the adulterant isn't being removed prior to packaging. If you know anatomy, you know what oil does to the lungs.

If regulation is the issue, first they must legalize marijuana so they have something to regulate. Otherwise they are outlawing oranges to stop apples from being available.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join