It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says Fed should lower rates to Zero or less!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

So what you are saying is there is another 2005-09 coming?
I remember people walking from their underwater mortgages when their next door neighbors houses were bought 100-150k less.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

I remember people walking from their underwater mortgages when their next door neighbors houses were bought 100-150k less.

I feel a housing cost correction is imminent. Maybe 2 more years.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: 38181

I feel a housing cost correction is imminent. Maybe 2 more years.

Yup, that is the exact time frame I'm thinking, maybe a bit sooner
If this rate reduction happens I think that will actually delay it, everyone will need time to refinance and buy and then....2007 all over again.
edit on 11-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

THIS!!

Well said sir, I think another interesting thing would be seeing how DT is making out every time he messes with the market. I'm sure he is so honest he isn't making any money of the massive market swings he personally causes.

Talk about insider trading. Drain the swamp... He IS the swamp.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Doesnt negative interest rates mean that we end up paying the banks to hold our money??
Ya, great idea... I'll just close up my bank account tomorrow.

But then, I dont have any debt to pay off, this could sound like a better idea if I did or had plans to put myself into debt in the future.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

If trade wars are so easy to win why has no one else done it? Because they did not have the balls and did not want to upset their handlers. Trump has no handler and it shows.

Why do we have to do ok instead of being the global leader?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Ah , So you Support the Continuation of the Federal Reserve in Holding the Future of Your Financial Freedom in this Country at their " Whim " ? ...........Hmm....Check ..............

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What is the alternative? Wouldn't that be leaving in the hands of the treasury? Which, basically is leaving it in the hands of the mostly corrupt politicians, and trump and gang, who seems to be more corrupt than most of the politicians. I dont see how that is a better solution.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Omg I hope the feds dont drop rates at the next meeting

I'm holding put options after a great bull market this week

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Isnt negative interest rates like having to pay the garbage truck to come pick up all your worthless paper?
Or saying our dollars are so worthless, we will pay you to take some off our hands?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Theres a lot of confusion around the currency markets

What really matters here is what our currency is worth in relation to the value of the currencies of the countries we have business relationships with

That's what all the currency talk is really about

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So you just see that in Black and White ? Replacing one Tyranny with Another ? Private Banks are Not Elected Government Officials , WE The People have No Say in How they Run Our Country through our Monetary System , but We Do have a Voice in How Any State or Federal Governments Do . END The FED Already , it has Proven itself to be a Form of Economic Slavery for Over 100 Years Now .
edit on 11-9-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Lol... and the economy ran so well the 100 years before that...

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This guy gets it!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If the FED let’s say goes to -1%, what are the regular banks going have? If some old person sells their paid off house and nets 300k, that means they would be paying the bank to store their money. Who’s going to want to do that? Does that mean the surplus of houses on the market are going to shrink, taken off the market? Then would this become a buyers or sellers market or neither?
edit on 12-9-2019 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I really don't think you have any Idea of what you are talking about. Most Americans can't afford to save.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: CharlesT
There are downsides to this position. Every retired senior was depending on this interest to carry them through their retirement. Keeping rates artificially low only benefits bankers and businesses but takes money out of the real economy and citizens that drive commerce. Savers deserve some profit from their lifelong savings but this kind of mentality robs them of this deserved benefit.

If savers haven't realized by now that they will not see large enough interest gains from regular savings, I don't know what to say. They have to play the game like everyone else.
I was trying to save the better part of my life. All I can say to you is loan me a million from your investment profits. We are all playing in a crooked stacked deck, don't you know that?

It's several days later and I see you didn't receive any applause for that comment.
edit on 16-9-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Trump demands Fed to cut interest rates to zero 'or less' Javier E. David 3 hours ago Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email President Donald Trump on Wednesday called for the Federal Reserve to engineer interest rates to zero “or less,” in a new appeal for negative yields that he believes would help the U.S. curb its borrowing costs and stimulate growth

www.yahoo.com...

Wow!! wow, wow... I really don't think this is a good thing, not long term and not for most Americans. What is the point of saving any money some will ask... If anyone wants to know how to make a bubble this is the first ingredient...

I ask a simple question, would you rather have a mortgage of 100K with an interest of 8% or a mortgage of 500K with an interest of 1%
Too many Americans don't see this. This is literally how black and white it is.

What we really need is interest free money:

They monetary system create perpetual debt by design. Productivity increase 100 times over and still everyone is in debit. It's absolute ludicrous to think we are not capable of producing enough products and services to meet ALL our needs. Scarcity and poverty are purposely put into the system to preserve power and privilege. You can't have slaves if people have freedom.

Amazing how few understand this. Great post!!

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

So you just see that in Black and White ? Replacing one Tyranny with Another ? Private Banks are Not Elected Government Officials , WE The People have No Say in How they Run Our Country through our Monetary System , but We Do have a Voice in How Any State or Federal Governments Do . END The FED Already , it has Proven itself to be a Form of Economic Slavery for Over 100 Years Now .

People are oblivious. My grandfather raised 11 kids and was the only bread winner in the family. His wife stayed at home and took care of the kids. He made decent money at the time and they never really struggled. The system is completely rigged and the deck is stacked against the people on purpose and these people don't even realize it.

The family unit has been completely broken down as both parents typically need to work just to make ends meet, many families don't ever share the same dinner table anymore because they're working to feed their family. The average person doesn't own any stock or have a savings. The fed/banking system is the cause of 99% of it, people would rather have private business in control of the money supply rather than the elected officials who are accountable to them. Makes no sense, the government should not have interest payments of any kind, the entire thing is corrupt to the core. Designed precisely to enslave the people. Legalized, organized crime is what it is. These bastards that prop this system up should all be in prison.
edit on 16-9-2019 by macaronicaesar because: Typo

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
After the last crash, the qe put in place by the eu, us and uk did not solve the problem. It reinflated the financial bubble, think puncture repair which resulted in pushing up the prices of capital assets. Hence the stagnation of wages for the workers on the lowest financial rung. This is why buying a home in the uk has become out of reach for the average worker in the south.

The eu are restarting qe in november and the us restarted qe a week or so ago but have named it omo. All you stackers out there really need to stack as much as you can realistically afford over the next few months as capital asset prices are going to go through the roof in the next year or so as this time qe is starting before the crash, think over inflating that repaired tyre. So when the tyre/bubble bursts there is going to be nowhere for the federal bank b of e and ecb to go.

If you don't know what stacking is I suggest you google it as for us paupers its probably going to be the one thing we can do to save us financially in the future. Ive been doing this for since august 2018 and have already made about 35% profit. The prices may well drop a little at first so use that window to protect yourselves for the future. Look at 1oz star wars coins from the new zealand mint if you don't have much to spare.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join