It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says Fed should lower rates to Zero or less!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Trump demands Fed to cut interest rates to zero 'or less' Javier E. David 3 hours ago Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email President Donald Trump on Wednesday called for the Federal Reserve to engineer interest rates to zero “or less,” in a new appeal for negative yields that he believes would help the U.S. curb its borrowing costs and stimulate growth

www.yahoo.com...

Wow!! wow, wow... I really don't think this is a good thing, not long term and not for most Americans. What is the point of saving any money some will ask... If anyone wants to know how to make a bubble this is the first ingredient...

I ask a simple question, would you rather have a mortgage of 100K with an interest of 8% or a mortgage of 500K with an interest of 1%
Too many Americans don't see this. This is literally how black and white it is.
edit on 11-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's all fake money anyways so why not?

Audit the FED!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It sound like other countries have does this as well..

"With inflation low, The European Central Bank, Swiss National Bank and the Bank of Japan have all committed to keeping rates negative —"

Take that for what it's worth I guess..

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

But the economy is great! Better than it ever has been in the history of with world, I thought...

Unemployment is at its lowest, tax cuts are working, I thought...

Why does the economy need the Fed to cut interest rates?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Uh,
isn't that exactly what they did with QE to keep the economy from burning down through the entire Obama administration?

Audit the fed- the currency is flawed by design and can't be fixed.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You didn't read the article did you?

Trump says the rate should be lowered to take advantage of the "global" economic slowdown.

Now if you want to argue if that's a good or bad thing fine but don't pretend this is about Americas national economy which is doing very good.
edit on 11-9-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

No, they had zero or "near-zero" interest rates and pumped liquidity into the system by turning on the printing presses. Negative rates are a whole 'nother ball game....

US Monetary Policy Dangers – ZIRP or NIRP Will Mean Bailouts or Implosion

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Blah, blah ,blah.

Trump's been attacking the Fed since his campaign. He went on a wild attack on the Fed in 2018, and now again.

Trump says the rate should be lowered to take advantage of the "global" economic slowdown.

The Fed is not Donald Trump's insider trading tool. The Fed is not Donald Trump's secret card up his sleeve to manipulate US currency, to corner a global market, to choose winners and losers.

This is just one more example of Donald Trump creating a problem, via his trade wars, that are easy to win, and then claiming that only he understands and only he can fix the problem.

So, if we don't all do what The Chosen One says, we're all doomed, stuck in the mess that he created, and that now, only he can fix.

edit on 11-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What mess is that exactly?
Sounds like the economy is doing ok compared to europe where germany is teetering and the uk is stagnant.

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This would actually show the average American the feds ability to manipulate the dollar and it's purchasing power. Can't have that now...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Considering I just took out 475k at 3.5%, I wouldn't argue about 1%. Either way I'm taking that 475k out for a house, but I won't lie the 3.5 is pretty dang good in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Considering I just took out 475k at 3.5%, I wouldn't argue about 1%. Either way I'm taking that 475k out for a house, but I won't lie the 3.5 is pretty dang good in my opinion.

Will that 3.5% still be pretty dang good when your houses real worth is only 225?

A lot of people found that out the hard way. I think it is going to happen again, sooner than later.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Considering this is a custom build, and the only house I ever plan to own, I think the 475 is the real value of the house. I have no intentions of selling it, moving, renting it, etc. Even if a major recession were to hit, and I still kept my job (extremely likely considering my industry), I don't think the construction costs of my home, nor the property value itself is going to decrease at all.

Now if I were buying a pre-built home, I wouldn't spend more than 175 on the thing, but in that case my wife and I wouldn't have anything we desire out of the house, nor the amount of property the house is on.

Edit: Now if I were looking to buy for equity specifically I wouldn't even consider building where I am. It's outside of city limits, in the country, surrounded by farmland. Also going modern contemporary, which in the south isn't exactly the style folks prefer. Now if in X amount of years when my wife and I kick the bucket, the land itself may be worth something, as it is 10 acres with running water, and suitable for agricultural development.
edit on 9/11/19 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You think you'd see that 1%?
That's what the banks borrow made up money at. then they use fractional reserve lending to screw a lot of smaller banks into paying 2%, who turn around and lend it to you at 3.5%...

I know what negative interest rates mean, and it's not pretty for anyone. It's a mathematical game played by the rich once the currency has already failed.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There are downsides to this position. Every retired senior was depending on this interest to carry them through their retirement. Keeping rates artificially low only benefits bankers and businesses but takes money out of the real economy and citizens that drive commerce. Savers deserve some profit from their lifelong savings but this kind of mentality robs them of this deserved benefit.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My bitcoin portfolio is looking better and better every day.
edit on 9 11 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

You think you'd see that 1%?
That's what the banks borrow made up money at. then they use fractional reserve lending to screw a lot of smaller banks into paying 2%, who turn around and lend it to you at 3.5%...

I know what negative interest rates mean, and it's not pretty for anyone. It's a mathematical game played by the rich once the currency has already failed.

Considering I have had a conventional mortgage at Under 3% I'd say 1% isn't that far off. That's where that zero or "LESS" part comes in. I would not be surprised, that is all I will say. I do agree with you, it's not going to end well.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
There are downsides to this position. Every retired senior was depending on this interest to carry them through their retirement. Keeping rates artificially low only benefits bankers and businesses but takes money out of the real economy and citizens that drive commerce. Savers deserve some profit from their lifelong savings but this kind of mentality robs them of this deserved benefit.

If savers haven't realized by now that they will not see large enough interest gains from regular savings, I don't know what to say. They have to play the game like everyone else.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Trump demands Fed to cut interest rates to zero 'or less' Javier E. David 3 hours ago Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email President Donald Trump on Wednesday called for the Federal Reserve to engineer interest rates to zero “or less,” in a new appeal for negative yields that he believes would help the U.S. curb its borrowing costs and stimulate growth

www.yahoo.com...

Wow!! wow, wow... I really don't think this is a good thing, not long term and not for most Americans. What is the point of saving any money some will ask... If anyone wants to know how to make a bubble this is the first ingredient...

I ask a simple question, would you rather have a mortgage of 100K with an interest of 8% or a mortgage of 500K with an interest of 1%
Too many Americans don't see this. This is literally how black and white it is.

What we really need is interest free money:

They monetary system create perpetual debt by design. Productivity increase 100 times over and still everyone is in debit. It's absolute ludicrous to think we are not capable of producing enough products and services to meet ALL our needs. Scarcity and poverty are purposely put into the system to preserve power and privilege. You can't have slaves if people have freedom.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Can't we just use leaves for money?
Then everybody would be rich.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join