It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditate to Lucid Dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
ok ok ive read many threads on lucid dreaming. many have said to meditate throughout the day...exactly how do u meditate? i am quiet aware that there are many different practices....can anyone share a few? would anyone also like to share anything about lucid dreaming? how to lucid dream....or anything of the matter? im quite interested in the topic....

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i will post something on my own thread....let me first start off by saying i have had many lucid dreams...but i would like to go further and be able to lucid dream more often...in my past lucid dreams, the characters in the dream are what made me realize i am dreaming. my friend val passed away some years back, when i dream and val is in my dreams, i realized val is dead and that i must be dreaming....the second i realize i am dreaming, my focus changes. val is not in the dream, i am now focusing on controlling the dream. usually i levitate, which i perform very well or jump from building to building (similar to the matrix). i wish i could change the setting of my dream, or actually introduce certain objects or people into my dreams....tho i am happy with levitating, it seems to be all i can do. hehe any input? i believe there is meaning in all of this, dreams are forms of messages that are encrypted because of something, possible because we are asleep?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
lucid dreaming isnt something thats easily obtainable by our conscious minds, meaning when were thinking with our subconscious minds ie: dreaming, were on a level which isnt presented to us through an ordinary way.

many say lucid dreaming is sort of being at a patient state by taking certain things in and certain things out while dreaming. some say while lucid dreaming the concept is to contain ones selfish desires while exploring new depths. in other words experiencing things slowly without abrubtly destroying the dream due to desireable feelings..selfish feelings..

when val appears to you in your dreams maybe hes telling you that youre a person whose easier to get a hold of while youre in the ''otherside'' maybe he just knows youre better at figuring out waht hes trying to tell you..

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
the whole thing about the meditating is a whole different story..

i cant get into that until later..

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
the whole thing about the meditating is a whole different story..

i cant get into that until later..

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Peace

Yes, Meditation should be a part of any Esoteric practice.

From the Dream Yoga Course

This course offers the essential instructions so that anyone, anywhere, regardless of any distinctions or qualifications, may enter into their own direct knowledge of the living realities that surround us, yet remain inaccessible to the physical senses.

Although interest in this subject is growing, there are many people who have been frustrated in their attempts to enter into this knowledge. Reading books or attending seminars usually leaves the seeker with more questions, doubts, and contradictions. To those persons, we offer the following quote:

We have given many clues in order to consciously travel with the Astral Body, so thousands of students have learned to travel in their Astral Body. However, we have seen in practice that those people who cannot quiet the mind, not even for an instant, who are accustomed to hopping from school to school, from lodge to lodge, always inquiring, always preoccupied, are not able to consciously Astral Travel. - Samael Aun Weor, The Aquarian Message

Therefore, in order to complement the course in Dream Yoga (Astral Travel), it is recommended that you learn how to cultivate a quiet mind.

Before anything else, comprehend that in order to consciously travel in the Astral Body, the process of thinking is an obstacle. - Samael Aun Weor, The Aquarian Message

In order to assist you in the development of a quiet mind and a potent technique to understand oneself, we recommend our course entitled Introduction to Gnostic Meditation.

True illuminates have no dreams. Dreams are for those who are asleep. True illuminates live in the higher worlds, out of the physical body, in a state of intensified wakefulness without ever dreaming. - Samael Aun Weor, Mental Representations

We also ought to be able to awaken Consciousness through-out the day, by observing ourselves and our surroundings, without interference from the mind.

When we meditate, we receive information from 'The Lord God of Truth Within' and thus carry out our actions in service of The Being(God).

Too many people want to do things in accordance with their egos, instead of Their Being.

Frankly put; this makes us Black-Magicians(practitioners of Goetia).

It is the ego that wants fantastic experiences. But if we meditate, our Inner-God will give us these experiences for our own good(and the good of others), when we are ready and deserve them.

Through meditation and chastity, we can Be Thuergists(etymology = "God's Work") or "White-Magicians" instead of Demons.

PEACE

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't do all this. The extent of my meditating is asking myself a question once as I fall to sleep. It's always answered by my subconsious in insightful ways I never anticipated. Going all day "working" on the problem, does no good. In fact it retards the intended dreaming. I said retards.

As far as lucidity and directed dreaming, kind of easy for me at this point. Once you are able to recognize you're dreaming (as you have aeviaanah) then just have fun. Sounds like you do it rather well.

The problems of introducing objects or people for me are my own fault (well obviously, who's else would it be), but it's like well meaning, self doubting Aunt Hagatha on Bewitched.

She would produce the exact opposite of what she intended based on fear and self doubt.

Are you unnecessarily adding "self sabotage" to your directives in dream state?

For example, I'd like to see my dead friend.... but not a creepy rotting angry corpse version!!! Because that's what's going to happen as soon as you think it. Kind of funny actually sometimes.
It's going to happen sometimes regardless, but try "fixing" it when it does.

Bad dream lighting can account for lots of ugly. Yeah, it's just bad lighting. Look again.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Are you unnecessarily adding "self sabotage" to your directives in dream state?

Rant, i do not unneccessarily add self sabotage to my directives in a dream state....I had no intention of lucid dreaming when i had my lucid dreams with val, i did not see val in a dead form or anything...i was talking to him as if it were a normal day....I have read an article on lucid dreaming. (trickster.wereanimal.net...) and it states using dreamsymbols which are found through keeping a database of your dreams...i guess this subconsciously helps you depict reality from a dream. i have also learned that throughout the day you should remind urself you are in reality...do this by seriously focusing for a good 15 seconds. look at something then look away and notice if anything changes....analyze ur surroundings. performing this 3-5 times a day will "plant" that practice in your head. you are more likely to question reality when you are dreaming, and thus you are able to depict reality from a dream....and have a lucid dream. i would like to further expand my lucid dreams like i said before. i would like to have mroe control...rather then just flying or something...this is what brings me to the desire to meditate and find new ways to lucid dream more often. id like to become a pro lucid dreamer in other words. im very interested in the field.

top topics

join