It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Some People Did Something"-- Ilhan Omar

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Like many of you...this morning, I am watching the loved ones of victims of the despicable and unthinkable act of terrorism on 9/11 at Ground Zero reading the names of those murdered by sadistic animals.

A family member is now, there at the podium, solemnly reading names...an older man...he wears a black tee shirt with white lettering:

"SOME PEOPLE DID SOMETHING"

SHAME on Ilhan Omar.
SHAME on ANYONE that supports her.

[RANT OVER]

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Amen.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

On a day like today, it's much easier for some to reflect on what she meant with her statement. Of course she was trying to down play a terrorist attack for her own gain but many didn't see that one at first.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

SHAME on Ilhan Omar.

Pretty sinister if you ask me.
It is apparent she has an agenda that does not include all citizens, just those like her.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Conservatives are making fun of Omar today by holding memorial events in Minnesota under the title...

American Conservative Union to Host Special CPAC Event in MN Titled ‘Some People Did Something’

CPAC Minnesota chose to call the event, which takes place on the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, “some people did something” to play off of Congresswoman Ilhan Omar’s comment about the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

The event includes a wide variety of speakers including: Matt Schlapp, Chairman of the ACU, Sara Carter, Investigative Reporter for Fox News, John Hinderaker, president of the Center of the American Experiment, Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, U.S Senate Candidate Jason Lewis, Mike Lindell, CEO of My Pillow and State Representative Nick Zerwas (R-Elk River).

Conservative Minneapolis based Right Tech PAC will also be in attendance. Their mission is to provide critical winning technology to local and state-level conservative candidates, and party units to counteract the big Democrat money and the big tech influence.

The event intends to highlight “heroism of first responders and citizens around the country, as well as discuss new attacks on our nation and how we can counter those,” in addition to being an excellent networking opportunity.

alphanewsmn.com...

edit on 11-9-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We should've made Afganistan a huge glass parking lot.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

SHAME on Ilhan Omar.

Pretty sinister if you ask me.
It is apparent she has an agenda that does not include all citizens, just those like her.

It's disgusting that Pelosi and Dems in the House still bend over backwards to protect this pos.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I get depressed on days like this because it is just a painful reminder of how we perpetuate wars and don’t win them any more.

Omar will spend 9/11 getting driven around on a taxpayer dime and probably give a speech that insults everydayAmericans all paid for by us.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
IMO it is disgusting that the people she represents elected her.
She needs to go.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Terrorism wins when the Democrat Party holds up the likes of Omar as a shinning star of their party.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
With the psychological warfare put on the population with this operation it is a tough one to sort out the facts from the fiction. Why does Ilhan Omar get all the credit for being stupid on the topic? Most of the nations is.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

“We forgot.”

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

“We forgot.”

Not ALL of us.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Why does Ilhan Omar get all the credit for being stupid on the topic? Most of the nations is.

because it was her statement

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I'm sure one question will answer the other, but: what does that mean and why should we have done that?

ETA: I get it; you're saying "we" should have bombed Afghanistan so thoroughly that the sand became glass, and so completely that it was like a parking lot.

I don't agree with you but you have a cool way with words.

edit on 11/9/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What is untrue about her statement, really?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

“We forgot.”

Not ALL of us.

I know.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Your screen name says it all.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Can you clarify for me what effect you were hoping to achieve with that?

It'd help if I knew whether you were taking a jab at me or if you were saying the lady's comment is an entry in my dictionary of excuses. (Coincidentally, it was not until now.)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

oh her statement is universally true
which is also why it is so disgusting
almost 3k killed and 6k injured is not "Some people did something" imo

<<   2  3 >>

join