It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rushing into oblivion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Just some observations. I drive and am on the road about 9 1/2s a day. We're known as the cowboy state ( W.A. ) for driving but...

The last 3 months seems like people are more than just rushing, taking unnecessary risks, jumping lanes cutting off other drivers, slamming brakes and turning.
It seems like the roads are getting worse. Even when traffic is light there's this mentality where they have to go all out.

Now here's some fun facts, people are working longer for the same pay, hasn't been any real pay increases for a while. We're probably in a recession.

Is it just me or does it feel like we're heading for the precipice?

Thoughts?

"The Australian recession nobody talks about"
By Unconventional Economist in Australian Economy September 11, 2019
www.macrobusiness.com.au...

No matter which way you cut it, Australia’s per capita economy is sick. Household incomes are going backwards, and per capita GDP is in recession. It is only Australia’s extreme population growth that is keeping Australia from a ‘technical recession’. And this is coming at the expense of productivity, amenity, housing affordability, and wage growth.

Per Capita outcomes are the primary measurements that Governments, economists and the media should be talking about. But of course they wont, because it is much easier to import migrants and report headline GDP growth than actually earning it the hard way through productivity.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

This graph supports your theory:

Purchasing power of the consumer dollar

As the wealth inequality divide widens, less and less people own the majority of the wealth. At some point the dollar will collapse to nothing in value because people will just stop valuing work. What's the point of it if the dollar doesn't buy you healthcare or retirement security? Buying cheap throwing stuff from China gets lame after a while.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ya heard about the legend of Jessie James? John Henry just to mention some names...

There's a truck driving legend in the south today.
A man called Bandit from Atlanta, GA.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Not sure about Australia, but things are still booming where I am. Biggest boom in construction, new businesseses, hiring, as well as better pay. And it has been going on like this for about 2 years or so.

I think the only problem here really is medical costs. You get sick (if you have insurance) and you're going to pay and pay alot. If you don't have insurance, then you will get billed but it will be so expensive that you'll never be able to pay for what they are asking anyway.

If you are just REALLY poor and won't/can't work. Well then it seems it's all free.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Now here's some fun facts, people are working longer for the same pay, hasn't been any real pay increases for a while. We're probably in a recession.

Was about to declare this fake news until I saw you were talking about the down under.

Sounds like you need your own Trump down there...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've noticed this too, just the other day i was driving and it seemed that everyone was cutting each other off, people are driving like they live.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Was about to declare this fake news until I saw you were talking about the down under.

Sounds like you need your own Trump down there...

They should anoint Steve Smith, looks like the guy can do everything.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

WTH? I could if I was bothered go through some figures about Trumps "success's" like tax breaks for the super wealthy etc but it'd be wasted on the Trump sycophants, especially as they're quick to assume and lack rudimentary comprehension skills.

Sounds like you need to reread threads at least twice before invoking "God Trump"

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

They should anoint Steve Smith, looks like the guy can do everything.

Maybe you got too much sport on the brain? Maybe make him your Ambassador to Brussels? Give ol Boris a hand?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

WTH? I could if I was bothered go through some figures about Trumps "success's" like tax breaks for the super wealthy

I'm not super wealthy, but I made out like a bandit with the initial tax cuts that targeted businesses (because of the increases in the child tax credit and personal exemptions), and these were not even the ones targeted at the individual, which is what he wants to do next.

Sounds like you need to reread threads at least twice before invoking "God Trump"

'God Trump'? Sheesh, where do people like you come from?

I know it will be totally wasted on you, but for anyone with half an open mind and isn't aware, here is a list of Trumps actual, real achievements since he took office.

And this is only in his first 2 1/2 years of his first term (yes, there will be a second, and it will be even better than his first), and all while being viciously and endlessly attacked and slandered by the MSM and the dems in Congress.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

With boris in charge it wouldn't surprise me, though i think dominic cummings is leading my beloved Britain into our own oblivion.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yeah...promises that he knows he can't keep, just another globalist looking after his handlers who allowed him to get that far in US politics.

Those petty tax cuts are just crumbs, while the debt keeps ballooning.

And again the thread was about rushing into oblivion.

Any thoughts on Australia? Or is it asking too much of you and your myopia

www.thebalance.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

WTH? I could if I was bothered go through some figures about Trumps "success's" like tax breaks for the super wealthy etc but it'd be wasted on the Trump sycophants, especially as they're quick to assume and lack rudimentary comprehension skills.

Yeah, I just "wasted" the $3K in tax cuts I got with Trump's plan. And I'm not exactly in the super wealthy category. What we have are people who didn't get a cut because they don't pay much taxes anyway, so they're bitching about it. The top 50% pay 97% of the taxes, and we got a substantial cut. Sorry if you didn't get an increase in welfare benefits because I got some of my money returned to me.
edit on 9/11/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
Ya heard about the legend of Jessie James? John Henry just to mention some names...

There's a truck driving legend in the south today.
A man called Bandit from Atlanta, GA.

“Bandit” Bo Darville died last year.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Yup. ‘Merica got rid of driver’s ed in high school and everyone drives like Egyptian cab drivers!

We were taught that “driving is a privilege” and is not a “god given right”. That to drive means that you have to learn societies rules and live (and drive within them).

But I guess that is “white elitism” talking. And it has taken a while for WA to catch up to us in rest of the world.

Sorry that the “real world” has finally made it to the Land Down Under.

But hey, you about to lead the hydrogen revolution! So there is always that!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Yeah...promises that he knows he can't keep,

Yeah... except he has already kept them. Keep up, Zoolander.

just another globalist looking after his handlers who allowed him to get that far in US politics.

Yeah - like getting us out of the Iran deal, TPP, NAFTA, etc - all those darling deals the globalists wanted so bad.

Keep trying, Zoolander.

Those petty tax cuts are just crumbs,

Crumbs? $5k+ is what my family saw this past year. If you consider that 'crumbs', then I guess you inherited yours, because there is no way someone who works for a living would ridicule said amount as 'crumbs'.

while the debt keeps ballooning.

The debt is one of my complaints about Trump (and all Presidents and CongressCritters). The problem is, our current system - debt+usury based - is designed so that the principal can never, ever be repaid, because when new money is borrowed into existence (the only way it can happen in our system), the money to pay the usury (interest) is not created... so it is mathematically impossible to ever pay off the entire debt.

There is an interesting exception to this... our Coinage. Coins are not borrowed into existence.

I even seem to recall there was a Presidential Candidate (back in 1992 I think) who once proposed striking a single $4Trillion coin to pay off the debt, based on this anomaly. Crazy, yes, who knows what kind of consequences it would have resulted in to the economy, but it did cause some people to think...

And again the thread was about rushing into oblivion.

I know...

Any thoughts on Australia? Or is it asking too much of you and your myopia

I guess your reading/comprehension skills are lacking. I already did. I said 'Sounds like you need your own Trump down there' - and I meant it.

www.thebalance.com...

As I said, I'm not happy about the debt situation, but Trump didn't create it.

That said, he said he would eliminate it in 8 years.

It has only been 2 1/2. Looks like your math skills aren't any better than your reading/comprehension skills.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Sorry that the “real world” has finally made it to the Land Down Under.

LOL...I'm in the market for a used APC or Humvee to go to the shops or ferry "grandmother to church on Sundays"

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

My theory is that the linear procession of time is a monkey delusion and the oblivion you speak of has already occurred. All of the nonsense we are seeing is the literal collapse of the state vector, infecting the "past" which, obviously, doesn't even exist.

Whatever we do we do well because the whole of reality is breaking down across the board. It's going to get even stranger before it just ends.

new topics

top topics

join