It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judges rule Boris Proroguing Parliament is unlawful

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Congratulations, hope someone buys you a Farage flavored milkshake. x

Probably should elaborate on how you profit from others misery?

After all, if or when it all goes breasts up, it will be nice to know who to come after first.

People who profit from such always get some measure of comeuppance, if not from karma, then generally by there own hand.

At least you acknowledge that a storm is approaching.
edit on 13-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Disease. When there is a rise/epidemic in specific diseases my company profits massively. However, we are in the business of saving lives so perhaps, to be accurate, I should say, I profit from relieving misery. But without the misery to begin with there is no chance to profit.

That's not to suggest I hope for misery and disease. Quite the opposite.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Well, let's face it if you work for a big pharmaceuticals company misery and disease are your bread and butter, that and palliative care, as opposed to actually cures.

That being said without pharmaceuticals the world would be far worse off place to exist.

Kind of a double-edged sword industry i suppose.

Might profit from other peoples misery, but big pharmaceuticals are a necessary evil in today's world, or so i am lead to believe, some do so more than others.
edit on 13-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: UKTruth

They can rule on constitutional matters - those areas that are law.
General conventions are not law - so obviously breaking them is not unlawful.

You are clearly unaware of what the Constitution of the UK is - and is not.

you've clearly never read the documents and laws that form the uncodified UK consitution or Parliamentary Law, Public Administration Law in the UK, UK Devolution law, UK Democracy, Parliamentary law. How a PM/Executive knowingly lying to the head of state/queen abusing Royal Prerogative laws to have Parliament porogued to avoid loosing more democratic/parliamentary votes and lying he had a new deal with the EU plan. then immediately turned all Tory donations, press releases, front bench statements, touring the UK on hustings (undermining democratic vote and oversight) to force no-deal through and aren't even attempting to expand on securing more than the total trade deals we need in place in under six weeks' time (Zimbabwe and Seychelled, island in the artic circle dont export much/any goods to US.

Brief example of how to have the right to send local PM, politicians, council sent to jail - Under 1974 Section ii

The LAWS instituted by Parliamentary Act I have no issue with being defined as legally enforceable elements of our Constitution.
Constitutional conventions are NOT law, however.

edit on 13/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not pharma. Almost was, about two years ago, but not luckily.

Don’t want to be irritatingly cryptic but I can’t give it away.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Anyhoo pub time, the guessing games are less cryptic down there.

Have a nice evening, whatever you do.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

you've clearly never read the documents and laws that form the uncodified UK consitution or Parliamentary Law, Public Administration Law in the UK, UK Devolution law, UK Democracy, Parliamentary law. How a PM/Executive knowingly lying to the head of state/queen abusing Royal Prerogative laws to have Parliament porogued to avoid loosing more democratic/parliamentary votes and lying he had a new deal with the EU plan. then immediately turned all Tory donations, press releases, front bench statements, touring the UK on hustings (undermining democratic vote and oversight) to force no-deal through and aren't even attempting to expand on securing more than the total trade deals we need in place in under six weeks' time (Zimbabwe and Seychelled, island in the artic circle dont export much/any goods to US.

Brief example of how to have the right to send local PM, politicians, council sent to jail - Under 1974 Section ii

The LAWS instituted by Parliamentary Act I have no issue with being defined as legally enforceable elements of our Constitution.

You can keep saying it, doesn't make it true.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

You can keep saying it, doesn't make it true.

It's not me saying it that makes it true - it's the law of the land and unwritten conventions are not legally enforceable. If a judge decides the are, it's an illegitmate decision.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Only needs 1 more ingredient to make this Brexit snip palatabe

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sorry but after all your nonsense on this thread I just want to savour this moment to, as we say in Glasgow, tell you to get this right up ye!

The Supreme Court rules decision to suspend parliament until 14 October was unlawful

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry but after all your nonsense on this thread I just want to savour this moment to, as we say in Glasgow, tell you to get this right up ye!

The Supreme Court rules decision to suspend parliament until 14 October was unlawful

Their decision is still illegitimate.
You can savour the breakdown of our legal system all you like and as it's the SC their decision will stand, but no law has been broken.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
screw the courts.
the people voted
BREXIT
enough nonsense..

Stand up BREXIT Borris, Churchill would be proud!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

HAHA!!!!

All 11 Supreme Court Justices say it was unlawful and that the prorogation is void and yet you still bury your head in the sand saying the decision is some how illegitimate.

getting a bit embarrassing

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aspie

Scottish courts do not rule on UK matters. Supreme court will overrule this

You were saying?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
A right royal slap on the tits to auld Lizzie as well. Brilliant.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
A right royal slap on the tits to auld Lizzie as well. Brilliant.

Would love it if she walked into parliament and just bitch slapped him.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Would love it if she walked into parliament and just bitch slapped him.

Does the tower still have a working head removal device?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

HAHA!!!!

All 11 Supreme Court Justices say it was unlawful and that the prorogation is void and yet you still bury your head in the sand saying the decision is some how illegitimate.

getting a bit embarrassing

Actually, the Courts do not have the power to enforce this. Parliament sets the law, not the Supreme Court. And i say this as a Remainer.

Boris could simply ignore the Supreme Court and there is not a damn thing they could do about it, whatever the lawyers wheeled out in front of the cameras say.

I genuinely do not have a problem with this particular proroguation as Parliament has singularly failed to come up with a workable plan in 3 years. Of the 5 weeks prorogued, roughly only 15 days (max) were to be spent in Parliament. What exactly do people think will be achieved in 15 days, with no majority support for anything, that wasn't in the previous 3 years.

The whole thing gets more farcical by the day.......

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join