It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANTIFA = Domestic Terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Antifa are communists. They encourage, support, desire, communism.

Many are violent. Sure. All communists are anti-Constitution. All are anti-American.

But we can't label an entire ideology as domestic terrorists.

Ours is a free society (supposed to be anyway) and with that freedom comes the risk that others will believe differently.

There are already laws against the violence Antifa conducts. We don't need new laws or labels to punish them.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
There are already laws against the violence Antifa conducts. We don't need new laws or labels to punish them.

Ding ding ding.

If one of them breaks the law, prosecute them. Otherwise, policing thoughts, ideals, and speech is a path you definitely don't want to start down just because you don't agree with them.
edit on 11-9-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Don’t be silly Gallop.

NOBODY goes to democrat rallies.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Don’t be silly Gallop.

NOBODY goes to democrat rallies.

Hahaha
Fair call!!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If you haven't worked that out for yourself yet I can't help you....

We already knew this...

But I think it's more a case of you can't help because things said when reflected upon, do not meet the same standards as the things said when intended..

What have they done.. and do not bring up a single incident, where someone did somethings. to coin a phrase.

Tell me, do you worry about going to democratic rallies with fear of being attacked by random rampant Proud Boys?

Well you know the answer to that question don't you...

It's no secret I live in the northern rivers, but please do tell us all about these democratic rallies we hippies embark upon.

edit on 11-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, you tell me what they've done. Not what you think I think they've done.

I mean... you can? Right?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The Proud Boys are domestic terrorists, clear and loud. They are nazis, fascists and very very much inbred.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So says cNn

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

I'm pretty sure most people here agree that they're a form of domestic terrorist, just not the kind plotting casualty attacks like mass shootings, bombings etc.

Is this supposed to be like an advertisement or something?

It's a lead in to the recent legislation seeking to be passed which is listed at the end of the post. You're wrong in assuming you know the sentiment levels on ATS. The vast majority of the triggered butt hurt liberals on ATS will never comment in a thread like this because they have no possible way to defend against their behavior nor would they openly admit ANTIFA are in fact terrorists.

BTW...Proud Boys came about as a result of ANTIFA. Proud Boys defends against the skinny little, snot nosed, still living in mommy's basement video game nerds who like to play anarchist dress up and pretend to be bad asses. So your contempt is noted but don't think for a second Proud Boys is going to be labeled terrorist.

Try to keep up and don't let your trigger feelings get in the way.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I'm glad someone is finally standing up, and asking that mother government come in and give us more rules.

We don't have any laws as it stands to enforce crime, we need more, simple fact. But we can't stop there, we actually need to start making certain opinions illegal.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ummm...”I reject your reality...and substitute my own”...

That’ll be one bike lock smash to the head for you...from your fave domestic terrorist group...

You Antifa defender...you hypocritical lover of anti first amendment boneheads...

You might as well be wearing the black shirt garb...

You...you...you...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I find today fitting, since we were attacked on this day for our freedom to discuss this topic.

Label someone a domestic terrorist, and it circumvents their constitutional rights via the Patriot Act, that piece of legislation that nullifies most of our rights.

To be fair, I am an ANTIFA defender, as well as a KKK, and any other unsavory hate group, and here's why. Comedians, ANTIFA, the KKK all test out rights by pushing the boundaries and making people uncomfortable. I like comedians, but you wouldn't catch me grabbing a beer with someone from a hate group.

You're right, ANTIFA doesn't like the fact that we have 1st amendment rights. They're kids who are mad at the world because they can't make something of themselves. So they hide behind a self perceived nobleness of standing up to "nazis". Truth be told, they're anarchists who just want to scream at "the man" and blame "the man" for their own failures. But taking away their rights to speech and demonstration will only accomplish their goal of anarchy, and the trimming of rights. Because once we do that and someone from the left gets in power, they'll start labeling right leaning groups domestic terrorists for rocking the boat and hurting peoples feelings.

American's have become fickle and scared. Our enemies typically get the best of us while showing us their hand the whole time. They know that we're susceptible to fear, and unlike those before us, we'll succumb and get mommy government to step in and make sure everyone is using our rationed rights correctly.

Just as OP said, these are little snot nosed soy boy punks, so why the f### is everyone scared or acting scared of them? Either people are legitimately scared of them (why, seriously why) or they're willing to use this a political football, and I don't know whats worse.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Ummm...sorry...much as I like you bro...that’s the most asinine thing I’ve seen you write...

Yes...I suppose Antifa does test and push boundaries...frankly...if your willing to let protesting devolve into mob rule anarchy bloodying...maiming...and death...then you’ve lost the plot...

That isn’t protest...it’s terrorism...when you seek to control the narrative and abrogate the rights of others through the use of violence...through the use of terror...then what the hell do you define it as...?

Please educate me...cause that sure as hell isn’t free speech...

You...and those your championing...have crossed that rubicon from peaceful protest to armed revolt...

You are defending fascists who claim to be anti-fascist...

Their rights ended when they threw that Molotov...or connected with that baseball bat...or truncheoned that head with a bike lock...

Edit to add: nobody fears them...we just want them properly labeled...identified...and held responsible for their terrorizing...

End of story...

YouSir
edit on 11-9-2019 by YouSir because: Clarity demanded...and I answered the call...natch...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Absolutely the induviduals who commuted violent acts need to be punished to the full extent of the law. Make an example out of them, I don't care, as long as it's with existing laws.

I don't think they stand for anything good, I really don't. But if we're going to start designating whole groups terrorists because some of them are rioting, and we negate rights by calling every single person involved a terrorist... Then COINTELPRO will have a new charter for their enforcement.

I don't trust the federal government enough for that. ANTIFA and other groups are testing our resolve, and ANTIFA bring the anarchist organization they are would like nothing more than rights to be limited. I'd rather not give in.

As for me, my second ammendment protects my first with them if you catch my drift. I don't need more laws to feel just as safe as I do now.
edit on 11-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Ummm...I don’t need my second amendment to codify my first...
Never have up to this point and hopefully never will...

Doesn’t mean I don’t exercise my rights...in their entirety...

I don’t live in fear of anyone...anything...or any group...

That whole group participates in anarchy and destructive...armed behavior...in order to prevent others from the peaceful exercise of their own rights...they are also an arm of the progressive movement...

I’m a Constitutional Libertarian...that group is unconstitutional in it’s actions and charter...it also seeks to abrogate the rights of anyone not following their twisted ideology...

#byanymeans...

If you think i’m A lover of government and it’s overreach then you don’t know me very well...

However...the federal government does have an obligation to secure our rights...that’s all I see them doing in this instance...

Sometimes...I think you try to sit the fence overmuch...

Just an observation...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Remember when Obama was president and some in his administration wanted to label vets as domestic terrorists.

Now I understand that Antifa are nothing more than communists who hate America. But we need to defend their right to speak.

When they get violent and attack people?

Shoot them and kill them.

Labeling them will only empower them. Hell, San Francisco has labeled the NRA a domestic terrorist organization, if some anti American gets in in 2020 we’ll be back to labeling vets and anyone who follows the Constitution as domestic terrorists.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Antifa are communists. They encourage, support, desire, communism.

Many are violent. Sure. All communists are anti-Constitution. All are anti-American.

But we can't label an entire ideology as domestic terrorists.

Ours is a free society (supposed to be anyway) and with that freedom comes the risk that others will believe differently.

Antifa is just short for anti-fascist. you either support fascist ideology or you don't, it's like being pregnant you either are or your not, there's no middle ground.
Calling anti-fascists Communist is lazy, Obama is anti-fascist but Capitalist.

Being anti fash myself i'm honoured to be labelled a terrorist, I clearly need to put more effort in however.

Your right, it should be a free society but, basically labelling the opposition as terrorist is the start of a slippery slope.
America is sleepwalking into quicksand.
The UK has seen parliament (illegally) closed and the prime minister is now on record stating he will break the law, and he is gaining support.
Authoritarian, Totalitarian dictatorships appear to be the in thing

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Look, I don't like ANTIFA... But if we let the Federal government label them a terrorist org, than who's next? To what extreme do they go? And I get it, most hate groups (or some falsely labeled as such) are completely non-violent an just exercise free speech... But that hasn't and won't stop agencies from planting people to invoke or commit violence themselves to further a greater agenda of labeling them terrorists just like if they do with ANTIFA.

I don't know if fence sitter is the right word for what I am, though I welcome critic... I think moderate would be more fitting. It's rare I don't have an opinion about an issue, in this case it's liberty. I know many people feel justified in calling ANTIFA terrorist, and to some extent I'd agree on an opinion level, but not policy. Because if they're successful, just wait until someone starts going after white supremacists, and I'd be willing to bet they'll use that term liberally (pun intended).

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual
They can CALL themselves ABBA but I bet they can’t sing disco .

Just calling themselves anti-fascist does not mean they are anti-fascist.

North Korea calls themselves the Democratic Party also.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Antifa is just short for anti-fascist. you either support fascist ideology or you don't

They use violence to suppress differing views. If you go to online communities where they're in an echo chamber, simply saying you don't think Trump is that bad will get you labeled a nazi.

ANTIFA doesn't just get to load an argument by calling everyone they disagree with fascists, and if you're against them, than you're fascist. What a salad of logical fallacies just to look like you're some bastion of morality.

Where's the fascism? Please, I'd love to know... Marginal groups who everyone disagrees with?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join