It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP takes NC... twice. News sources are silent.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The pendulum is swinging hard, 2016 was it sweeping over, and 2020 will only see it swinging further.

Honestly, while I do follow this nonsense, it's going to be comedic gold for people like me just in it for the lols.

The 2016 meltdown caught me by surprise, in 2020? I'm going to have atleast 4 screens streaming on election night so I don't miss any of the epic meltdowns.

They're doing it to themselves, that's the kicker. The more they attempt to make us look bad, the more people they lose. To be honest, I don't see how the pendulum could swing back as long as they keep "progressing" their ideals. If you think about it, since the Civil Rights Act that democrats fought so hard against, there have only been three democrats elected president.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Democratic party left me many decades ago. We always ask why someone commits suicide. I'm asking the Democratic party ACTUAL leadership now, why have you chosen to destroy yourself?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
my take on the results.... the (legitimate & lawful) voting public is Anti-Democrat (progressive-liberal-psychopathic)

as much as Pro-Conservative (quiet-low key-normal)

the advantage the GOP has is that they project the image of being non-Radical, but in fact cling to the same type of mindset to micro-manage the Social Engineering BS that the Dems+Antifa+BLM Coalition have wet dreams about accomplishing

ETA: I FOUND THIS INTRO @ SteveQuayle.com:

* The Majority of Americans Hate BOTH Parties:
Congress is less popular among Americans than zombies, witches, dog poop, potholes, toenail fungus, hemorrhoids, cockroaches, lice, root canals, colonoscopies, …

the linked article looks like something worth reading, how 'bout you ?

www.zerohedge.com...

edit on th30156821049911012019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

News sources are silent

????

What News Sources? CNN, MSNBC, every outlet I have checked that you might bitch about is reporting it?

Seems like you made that bit up.

Onto to uncomfortable ACTUAL facts:

No Democrat has won this seat since 1962, if you need to cheer about it, the GOP is in real trouble

Trump won this district by 12 points in 2016,
Dan Bishop (R) won in a special election by only 2 points...after almost 7 million spent on a single GOP seat in a solid GOP district?...10% drop in support for GOP/Trump

At least he didn't have to engage in full-on mass voter fraud (that we know of yet), like the last GOP candidate, which forced this special election.

The fact that you are excited by winning a seat the GOP has held for the past 56 years shows that beneath the propaganda, you understand how low the GOP has sank.

edit on 11-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Many news outlets have a clear liberal agenda.
And they are definitely not afraid to show their bias anymore.
Common sense and patriotism will prevail.

2 things they waved bye bye to liberal Democrats awhile ago

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If you look at the map, the majority (physical land mass) of the 9th is going to be solidly Republican. Only the very tip that sticks into Mecklenburg county would be where the Democrats hold on. Another urban center that is solidly for the Democrats is Asheville, while without some of the same pull as Raleigh or Charlotte, it's certainly there.

The outcome doesn't shock me, living in the area as I do. Now if there was an election for the 12th and it went Republican, then you could consider me shocked.

Also the coast doesn't shock me either, a lot of military and DoD in that area due to Cherry Point. My mother, who works for the DoD lives out that way, if you drive around a bit there's a good bit more visible support for the Republican side of things.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Right. Terrorist group CNN says their new poll shows 63% of America do not feel President Trump should be re-elected. And his job approval has fallen to 37%.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

For the past 56 years the GOP has never lost the 9th district and the margins of win have been huge.

Even in 2016 with a razor thin Presidential race, the 9th district went for Trump by 12% and the GOP Rep. for the 9th District beat the Dem by 18%.

After over a half century of blow-outs for the GOP in NC 9th district a 2% margin of victory is shocking, more so when you consider Trump had to jump into the election and fire up his base and the GOP spent almost 7 million. This was supposed to be a no brainer, auto-pilot win.

The GOP can cheer on twitter, but GOP strategists behind closed doors are scared and rightly so.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thread title is misleading, it was a Republican hold rather than a win.
They had a 12 point lead and its down to 2, that's quite the loss of support.
Base understanding of the English language, reading comprehension, numerical knowledge and dissecting news clearly isn't popular here.
Democrats still doing badly in rural towns is a better title but hardly new news.

ps: A simple Google search shows the worlds media did report this seat being held and votes lost, factually.
How come Republicans are so bad with search engines is likely a good thread to start.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

GOP holds NC 9th by Smallest Margin in Over a Half Century despite Record Spending and Trump's Backing

...Would be an accurate and true OP headline.

So a GOP's stronghold in NC 9th eroded 10% since Trump's election.

What is interesting is looking at NC as a whole since Trump's election.

morningconsult.com...

NC has margin to spare, but if the trend continues it could go blue in 2020.

Trump is in much bigger trouble in MI, WI and PA. He only won them by 76k votes across all three and support has profoundly eroded in those states since then.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Right. Terrorist group CNN says their new poll shows 63% of America do not feel President Trump should be re-elected. And his job approval has fallen to 37%.

And Biden is a shoe in......lol

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

They are not the only one.

www.politico.com...

news.gallup.com...

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I was wondering when the deflectors and placators would show up to try and spin this as GOP bad ORANGEMAN BAD...Never fails. Fact is the Dems according to polls had this in the bag. According to alllllllll those polls and alllll the media reporting on it there was no way they could not win...they didn't. 2% or 200% it doesnt matter.the GOP won this race and held the seat...so yes, the DID WIN.

MAGA KAGA 2020!
edit on 11-9-2019 by KYRick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
News finally made it onto cnn with this headline.

Republicans averted disaster in North Carolina, but the close race may not bode well for them in 2020.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

CNN got more spin than a pottery wheel being used by a meth addict.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Gandalf77

The honesty that sold out his supporters during the run up to the Democratic convention in 2016? That honesty?

Honesty? I doubt he remembers what the word means.

No, that was truly irritating. I understand the pressure from the DNC to knuckle under and endorse Shrillary; it is politics, after all, and a disgusting game to be sure. But I wish he hadn't done that. I despise the DNC for many of the same reasons I despise the RNC--two sides of the same evil coin.

At the end of the day, Bernie's still way more honest than Tump, though. Trump all but lies on a daily basis. His fan club just chooses to look the other way, obfuscate, blame the media, etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: carewemust

Well, as a staunch independent myself, I rather appreciate Bernie’s honesty.

Everyone appreciates HONESTY...except the Democratic National Committee (DNC). They want to beat President Trump. If Bernie didn't openly talk about what his proposals will cost the taxpayers, he'd have a better chance of being the Party Nominee than Biden or Warren.

It's too late for Bernie, now that the cat is out of the bag. But he should have utilized the same strategy that Obama did when promoting ObamaCare. Talk about what you want, and how consumers will benefit....but never the price.

I respectfully disagree. Why shouldn't he talk about the price? I like the fact that he's open about what it's going to cost and what he's asking people to support. I absolutely want to know the details. I find his openness to be refreshing compared to politics as usual.

Trump made the utterly ridiculous claim that Mexico would pay for his stupid wall, and most people with half a brain knew that was political hogwash and would never happen. And here we are today: Mexico hasn't paid a dime for the black gates of Mordor, and the Trump admin is taking money allocated for the military to pay for it. So it's the taxpayers who are on the hook for this, as we suspected all along. The school at an American military base is going without repairs so Trump can build his wall.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

For the past 56 years the GOP has never lost the 9th district and the margins of win have been huge.

So why did the DNC outspend the GOP by a 3:1 margin there? Why was it being touted as a bellweather election for 2020?

Have you informed the DNC about this?

I'm glad you think Trump will win again in 2020, since past performance is the metric we are using, not present (falsely reported) trends.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Extorris

So why did the DNC outspend the GOP by a 3:1 margin there?

They didn't?

Why are you making fake claims?...from the OP headline to your posts. It seems desperate.

The National Republican Congressional Committee is the top spender in the race, pouring $3.1 million into anti-McCready attack ads. The group is spending far more than the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee despite having less cash on hand, signaling that the group believes it needs to win this race heading into 2020.

The Congressional Leadership Fund, a super PAC tied to House Republican leaders, spent $2.3 million on ads attacking McCready.

And Club for Growth Action, an anti-tax group, spent just under $1 million on ads attacking McCready and canvassing for Bishop.

Meanwhile the DCCC is the top spender for McCready, with $1.2 million spent on anti-Bishop ads.

With just days left in the campaign, outside groups have spent $6.8 million helping Bishop and $3.9 million boosting McCready, the Center for Responsive Politics found.

www.charlotteobserver.com...

Why was it being touted as a bellweather election for 2020?

Because it is.
A seat that has been solidly republican for over half a century, where the GOP predecessor won by 18 points, and where Trump won by a respectable 12% in razor thin national election ..just eked out a victory by 2%

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The results were on the crawl at the bottom of the screen on MSNBC until the election was called.

No one was silent.

pushing the divide.

No surprise you watched MSNBC throughout the election. Your parroted ideology tells all.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join