It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 11 2001. 18 year anniversary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I was at the gym...running on the treadmill...and looking up at the television when the first plane hit.
I remember everyone in the gym stopping what they were doing...and moving to the TVs.
Nobody could figure out what happened.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I worked in a mail list dept. for a printing company then. We got word of the first plane and I thought, oh what a horrible accident. Then we got word of the second plane. We all went into the customer lounge where we watched in horror as it unfolded.

My husband was an asphalt paver operator and they were paving a road on a dam that day. The national guard came and made them shut down, they were worried the dam could be another target.

and I remember the silent skies for days, we usually had DHL traffic and Wright Pat AFB too, for days just the occasional jet or helicopter would go into Wright Pat.

Life as we knew it changed forever that day. I still get teary thinking of that day. So many innocent souls, may they rest in peace.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I just heard a military jet fly overhead, reminded me to post here.

I was at work, my husband called from home after seeing the first tower fall.
Actually, co-workers got calls as well....and were all soon at our workstations, on the internet, watching in horror.

They sent us home, and the rest of the day, I remember the quiet, we lived near an interstate.
Spent the day watching and rewatching the events.
We also lived near the northern border, and heard the planes patrolling.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is a day that will never be forgotten.

Nor will the Hero's who risked or lost their lives, so others may live.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I was at work in the office in Surrey, UK... Initial reports started a chatter in the office that it was a small plane and an accident. Then the second plane hit and the full picture started coming through... I remember the look of shock on people's faces.
Will never forget that day and surreal feeling of the whole attack.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
When I was in college in the mid 90s, I had a job interview at Morgan Stanley for investment banking. Their office was in the WTC. Just remember how freaking high it was at at the top. I also remember the security was pretty tight because this was after the first attempt at bombing them with the car bomb in the garage.

After the towers came down in 2001, maybe a year later, I worked on another consulting project that had me traveling to NYC for a few months. I had to walk by the hole in the ground everyday. Really somber.

Those towers were a symbol.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I was waking in a hotel room after a night of white powered fueled debauchery. I'm embarrassed every time I think about it. Every year I remember the awful place I was in when this date rolls around.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

My heart goes out to you in the loss of your Son.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I was asleep at +4 time zones difference from the East Coast.

I got out of bed because their was no airplane traffic. It was silent and that was not right.

I turned on the TV and watched ABC news as they replayed the WTC Towers on fire.

My first thought was, “Those dumb sonsabitches did it. [F word, deleted]. What the...”

Then, I made coffee and thought about different scenarios. Knowing about CTs, false flags, and what not, the ideas started flowing.

The Pentagon seems fake. First WTC tower hit, haven’t seen. But the destruction seems to have the desired results.

Our world changed that day. Some say for the worse. All I know is that the people who practice the so called Religion of Peace do not. And they started all this on their own people and now the whole world is involved.

This dumb thinking on all sides. But the fury and anger on our side has not even started. And that scares me.

Our future is unwritten and we should think things through before acting. The Otherside just wants to destroy what is in front of them and, if push comes to shove, enact ancient desert rules across a world that does not need any of those old ideas.

It started 18 years ago and the end might make a generation of stress animal citizens into cold hearted “baby killers” that are just as traumatized.
edit on 11-9-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: add verb

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
I remember that day very clearly. I was working in central Australia. I'd got up, showered and turned on the TV while I dressed and made a coffee.

Looking at the TV I thought the news footage was of some movie like Independence Day. Lacing up my boots watching I realized, "Hang on", this is real and happened as I watched.

Subsequently me and my colleagues spent that day shift watching the progress. It affected those where I worked and consequently I had quite a few locals approach me and ask questions and later that afternoon summonsed to a community council meeting to discuss preventative measures locally. It was difficult to explain to them that the 'terrorists' weren't interested in a small desert community in central Australia.

Kind regards,

bally

There are a lot of CIA people here. Would you believe I know of this person? You just don't get it. I don't care. No one cares.
edit on 12-9-2019 by EasterEggGlitch because: kbob

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: chr0naut

My heart goes out to you in the loss of your Son.

Thank you, Night Star.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I had to edit my last post to not get banned. I wrote at 12:04 eastern so it wasn't the anniversary. I didn't watch any footage of eighteen years ago, just another day. A lot of people died. Talking about a missile or an Arabian prince? No one in real life knows about this conspiracy crap. 3,000 a week on ATS 7,000,000,000 people on planet. I was pissed off had to edit then today saw this guy thanking Night Star about comments she made about death of his son. It's been twenty years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join