It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I not vote for Trump in 2020?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Byrd

I'm curious. How do you feel about Obama's use of Executive Orders and closer to the point, the candidates on last nights debate telegraphing they would be using Executive Orders immediately upon election.

It's something that is not illegal or against our Constitution. And Trump has shown that it's an accepted and normal process of our government.

As to how I would feel about an order, I would first have to see the exact wording of the order.

I agree about Executive Orders being a slippery slope. I did not like it with Obama, I do not like it with Trump and I won't like it if a Democrat is elected this time and uses them.

By not curtailing the practice with Trump, the practice is sanctioned for the future.

I also get from your post you are basically against anyone who is hugely successful in their personal financial lives holding high office?

Au contraire. But it would depend on what they're successful in. The current cost of drugs and medicine, for instance, is the direct result of Nixon's allowing medicine to be run as a business (www.topsecretwriters.com...)

I know a number of highly successful scientists who would be wonderful people to put in charge of NASA. I think successful financiers should be involved in national banking and so on and so forth. What I don't want is a lawyer (for example) no matter how successful running sewage plants.... or police forces, for that matter.

Would those who failed be better leaders? I see an intellectual disconnect there.

How about a physician running National Health Services (as we've had before) and career diplomats running the Foreign Service, generals and fleet admirals running the military, and a Native American running the real Department of Indian Affairs.

Would you rather have the Veterans Affair Department run by ... say... Betsy DeVoss?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

There are a lot of things many from both sides agree with.

Take for instance the Executive Orders. It will always be the other party did it, so we will have to do it to fix what they did, rinse and repeat. Partisan garbage is ruling the day as neither side will budge and their heels are dug in.

I find plenty wrong with both parties which is why I refuse to register as either. Neither side will give ground to find compromise and we pay the price. Everyone has to have it their own way.

Right now the Left has really gone too far one direction and doing themselves no favors in doing so. Moderate Democrats don't even have a party anymore. It's gone too far and I mean from both sides. Nothing will be solved the way it is now and as long as the Left just keeps moving more and more Left it's going to be a mess.

Look what happened to Bernie the last election. The corruption was so easy to see and yet being partisans first makes the Left able to ignore it and pretend, hey nothing is wrong on our side.

Trump is not even remotely my cup of tea, but faced with the level of hatred and bigotry being shown by the Left right now, how can I not vote for him. The alternative is far worse. At least he's stayed fairly moderate in the things he's done.

I may well have gone with a Dem this time were it not for the venom coming from the Dem's. Calling anyone who does not fall in line racist is way over the top. Calling Blacks who are conservative racists even. It's completely out of control.

Leaders unite. Hate mongers are total losers and very bad for the country. Anyone running around calling everyone racist is a bad person at their core and right now they are all doing it.

Both parties need new leadership and that is painfully obvious. Anyone who does not believe that are sound asleep at the wheel. There is not a single person running this time that should be President, but people have to chose.

As and Independent I'm now part of the majority. We decide who wins, most all of us are moderates and we are completely ignored by both sides.

The politics of hate is not serving either party well. Both are equally guilty of it. That's the truth of it right now.
edit on 9/15/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I find plenty wrong with both parties which is why I refuse to register as either. Neither side will give ground to find compromise and we pay the price. Everyone has to have it their own way.

As and Independent I'm now part of the majority. We decide who wins, most all of us are moderates and we are completely ignored by both sides.

The only way that this will change is if independents form a viable third party. We almost had one under Ross Perot (you're probably too young to remember this.) Bernie ran for Congress as an independent but runs for President as a Democrat (I like Bernie. Voted for him inn the primaries.) That's not the way to run a party, frankly. Trump did the same thing (voted Democrat, supported them, then decided the money was with the Republicans.) And once these "independents" get into office they're not putting independents into office... they're nominating people from the party that they ran under.

That's just fostering a fake 2-party system.

If you're serious about this, then you shouldn't vote either Trump or the Democrat. You should be encouraging state and local independents to step up and start making changes and you should start involving yourself with an independent presidential campaign.

You and everybody else.

Otherwise, it's just more of the same-old same-old, y'know?

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Actually you have my age wrong. The first time I voted was for Jimmy Carter. Watched the Nixon impeachment hearings in Senior Civics class.

I'm opposed to the party system entirely. It makes it too easy for both parties to force people to accept their platforms or have no power. It's why anyone qualified would probably never run, because why? It takes a special brand of corruption and power madness to sell their souls to get on a party ticket. Both parties have rigged the game so if you don't agree with either platform you can't get on the ballots and if you can, both parties destroy you like they did Perot. Not that Perot was worth voting for, but you get my point.

Look at Carter. I did not know at the time about his racism and that he was a Marxist. I should have since I grew up in a small town of Democrats in the West that wore their racism on their chests like a badge of honor. Were it not for my parents being good people who taught me to be color blind, I could have ended up just like the Democrats of that time. My parents were a couple of decades ahead of the curve thank god.

I then gave being a Republican a try. I found them just as lacking. Since then I vote for the one I think will do the least damage and have voted for Presidents from both sides.

I can't help but think that anyone who is happy with either party is intellectually bankrupt and more like a sports fan than a serious voter. We humans can be pretty dumb.

Look at the mess both parties have us in now. The politics of hate is out of control and those at the top just keep stirring the pot. Divide to control is the flavor of the day.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join