It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I not vote for Trump in 2020?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Sounds like Tulsi Gabbard would be your first pick if she makes it through the DNC primaries, but if anybody else gets in you will be voting Trump again.

But the ultimate political is now being decided in the Supreme court, don't like a new law take it there....if that is the way forward, the Supreme court followed by the senate who approves them followed by the president who picks them is now the most important, congress with it's traitors in it almost doesn't matter anymore, they have the least power.

So in the end the supreme court picks alone make Trump the necessary evil to bring to heal the leftist mob plaguing America, even from the comments in this thread we see that trend.
edit on 12-9-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

She didn't even make the debates shes not making the ticket.
She answered a few questions with some gusto in the first debate but she has failed to garner much attention.

She could not poll at greater than 2% and thats pretty low if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Trump is a jerk. And an egomaniac. But he's also the closest thing we've got to a third party independent to take office. And he's at least got some common sense and is smart enough to try to get the middle class "load bearing" americans on his side. Obama was a spineless witless toady of the deep state. Clinton and Hillary were so corrupt and warped it was insane. Both Bushes were friends of the military industrial complex and the banks. The dems despise Trump and the GOp barely tolerates him. if so many truly awful people hate Trump like they do, maybe, just maybe, he isn't so bad. And maybe he's mor eon our side than anyone else in a long time.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
You are dead spot on!! For what he has been able to do with Democrats shagging him all the way he deserves another 4 years. It is after him that concerns me.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If you TRULY want to know why you shouldn't vote for him, then feel free to continue reading. I'll give you two examples which highlight a truly compelling reason why you should not vote for Trump.

1) After ruthlessly lambasting President Obama for his own time on the links over his 8 years as Commander in Chief, Trump is on pace to more than DOUBLE both the number of outings and costs for such. DJT may well (over a single term) end up golfing considerably more than President Obama did over his two terms. There are a number of sources which track this data, but one of the more up to date sites is:

trumpgolfcount.com...

2) Trump has *talked* a lot about putting "America first", especially relative to buying American-made products. He in fact signed an executive order called "Buy American and Hire American" in April of 2017. However, as of Dec 2018, a mere 15% of the merch for sale on his campaign site was actually made here in the USA... an amount that is likely to have decreased given the new items placed on the site earlier this week (and dont be fooled by the "decorated in America" descriptions attached to some items, which suggests the bejewelling of sequins to items made in and purchased from China, et al) Source:

qz.com...

What do these two examples suggest, and why should they cause you to not vote for Trump? Even without speculating over the racial overtones/implications, the criticism of President Obama's golf habit when compared to Trump's own mammoth habit AT BEST clearly and effortlessly demonstrate something about Trump that he very obviously has in common with the Clintons. Namely, that the 'rules' which exist for everyone else DO NOT apply to *them*. That's obvious.

The fact of Trump's 85%+ procurement ratio of Chinese/Asian goods to 15% USA is a bit more complicated. Sure, the "Clinton principle" as described above is still very much in play in this regard, but given the execution of the 2017 Executive Order, he moves selfish, personal hypocrisy into the public arena where his lack of respect for the rule of law is equaled, if not surpassed by his utter lack of respect for the collective intelligence of the voting populace. He and his staff clearly believe that "we the people" have as much interest in the how the Executive branch conducts itself as a woodchuck does in tap dancing.

Now some will argue that neither hypocrisy in terms of personal activity and its daunting costs ... nor using 1/3 of our coequal branches of government to cast a patriotic, but wholly malignant illusion is that big of a deal. No laws were broken, right? This line of thought misses the point.

We all, each and every one of us knew or (Christ help you) still knows a guy from school, work or some such who believes that by virtue of his wealth, name and/or the economic status he was born into...entitles him to play by different rules and to nakedly insult your intelligence, thinking his self-affirmed superiority insulates him from any repercussion, sanction or personal cost. You KNOW that guy! And what's more.... and you know it's true.... YOU *HATED* THAT GUY!!!!

This is why you cant vote for him again: he is a self-important hypocrite whose disdain for you and people like you takes many forms; some social and some economic. In this way, Trump is just like the Clintons! Isnt that enough?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SparkyMcBurny

THanks for the response but his golfing and his store items just do not seem like reasons to not vote for him.

All presidents have golfed. Trump uses it for work which is what golf has been used for for decades..

Link

He has a global company and he is not a manufacturer. and I see your point. I hope more products will be locally sourced. However, if more of those items were able to be created in the US i would think he would add to the current 15% of his items. He is making strides to do that in the US unlike other administrations which left us dependent on foriegn goods.

Link

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SparkyMcBurny
he is a self-important hypocrite whose disdain for you and people like you takes many forms; some social and some economic. In this way, Trump is just like the Clintons! Isnt that enough?

That's funny, no need to stop at the Clintons though. I guess you don't realize that you've just described every single elected official in this country that's held an office any higher than your local city council (and a good chunk of them are crooked AF too).

I don't know enough about the logistics regarding merch imports, but since so far he's accomplished exponentially more than Obama EVER did he can golf all he wants.
Not his fault Obama couldn't multitask (hell he couldn't even monotask).

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: SparkyMcBurny
he is a self-important hypocrite whose disdain for you and people like you takes many forms; some social and some economic. In this way, Trump is just like the Clintons! Isnt that enough?

That's funny, no need to stop at the Clintons though. I guess you don't realize that you've just described every single elected official in this country that's held an office any higher than your local city council (and a good chunk of them are crooked AF too).

I don't know enough about the logistics regarding merch imports, but since so far he's accomplished exponentially more than Obama EVER did he can golf all he wants.
Not his fault Obama couldn't multitask (hell he couldn't even monotask).

The question that was posed by the OP was why s/he should not vote for Trump. I brought up two obvious and compelling examples of behavior that is indicative of hypocrisy and character flaws that in concert, ARE DOWNRIGHT CLINTONESQUE.

It's NOT about the fact that Trump golfs at twice the rate and taxpayer cost than President Obama. It is also NOT about Trumps merch coming from Asia at a rate more than 85%. Its NOT about those matters in a vacuum!

The reason for not voting for Trump is because he looked us all in the eye and said he would not have time to be golfing, suggesting that President Obama was being shiftless for doing so. That was a freaking Clinton sized lie. Far worse, he signs an executive order *TITLED* "Buy American and Hire American", but wont do it himself for his own merch!!!

Why not to vote for him? Because Trump doesnt think the rules he believes applies to everyone else do not apply to him. That his name, family resources make him superior, OR that we the people are too stupid to notice his profound Clinton-sized sense of entitlement. With these two matters ALONE, he has proven to act just as much a spoiled, lying cheat as Hillary.

That, to my way of thinking is MORE than a fair reason not to vote for him.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now some leftists have issues about being called a god-damned communist, but when you support an ideology that wants government to control the means of production, then effing own it, comrades!

Rather be called a communist than a god-damned fascist.

So that means to your logic, that it is not Marx from where the Fascists, NAZI's and Commies all get their concepts to create their version of Utopia. A word of caution to be careful what version of Marxism you are potentially a LARP concerning. It is telling to freedom concerns that Marx despised the proletariat.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Highest quality of life in 20 years, huge wage growth with over 3% averages for 13 months straight for first time in 10 years, and of that wage increase 3.5% went to workers, only 2% went to managers.

If you don't like that, vote Trump out.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

America first. Please stop. Here in Belgium ist 'own people first'. In every rich country the same mantra. We were just lucky to have been born in a rich country. Pure luck... Nothing to be proud of. I am more ashamed than proud when I read your slogan ...
Beside of that, president Trump shouts and growls, but he has little power. In fact he has less power than someone who is diplomatic. And he's almost 74 (maybe he already is). Don't you think it's time to resign? I really hoped that he would have changed something for the better. But no ... he is a lion without teeth. Sad but true (in my opinion) ... Together with his friend Boris, he makes me feel embarrassed ...
edit on 13-9-2019 by zandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Trump i in bed with big business when it comes to environmental standards.

Forget global warming, worry about chemical companies discharging sewage into your local waterways. And coal fired power stations are a technology that should have been outlawed 30 years ago, if you live near to one you might as well take up smoking, at least you will enjoy killing yourself.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Highest quality of life in 20 years, huge wage growth with over 3% averages for 13 months straight for first time in 10 years, and of that wage increase 3.5% went to workers, only 2% went to managers.

If you don't like that, vote Trump out.

Just in - more bad news for the dems (great news for the rest of us) -

Solid U.S. retail sales ease economic growth concerns

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

"Here in Belgium..." .. so you are not in America then. You seem to not understand, Trump has done quite a lot. If he was not then the liberals would not be fighting him so hard. You have to go back 20 to 30 years to see such a time of hope and prosperity.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Tell me ATSNN....what would make me want to, based on the current and even future candidates of all parties, cast that vote for someone other than our president.

A president who has lowered taxes, created jobs, is building the wall and has pulled us from costly 'agreements' that did not benefit us but those around us.

I didn't vote for him and his administration is actually worse than I thought it would be.

* lacks any sort of diplomatic skills (constant twitter wars with celebrities rather than making policy)
* can't pick decent department heads (he has the highest number of appointees to be kicked out of office for fraud/scandal/criminal activities)
* has rolled back regulations (that we here in Texas fought for) for clean air and clean water. We're still getting a lot of high pollution days and businesses are not really interested in retooling to make our water and air cleaner. They generally don't do it until someone hits them with regulations.
* ignores national infrastructure.
* hasty decisions and hasty actions (which are poor policy skills)
* appoints people who have no knowledge of a sector to head up major government departments (and who mismanage these departments because they're such a poor choice)

But... let's take this to the meta-level. What Trump does actually becomes an approved action for the next Democrat (or any other candidate) to enter office. This includes:

• rule by presidential fiat (rather than Congress. You might not like Congress, but with a liberal president and a liberal congress, the conservatives will be defending YOUR choices. If it becomes rule by presidential executive order, then you have no defense against this except the courts... and if a liberal appoints two very liberal judges to the Supreme Court and the president is ruling by Executive Order, you're in a real bind. Particularly if Congress has no power.)
  • handing over public lands and monuments to businesses. Might not sound so bad... but imagine selling off Arlington National Cemetery and the Lincoln Monument to... say...Google. Or whoever wants to buy it and rebrand it.
  • firing people who won't swear loyalty to the president (there's a difference between obeying orders and swearing loyalty. you can obey orders but stand up against something you feel is wrong. Loyalty oaths require you to become a "yes man." You would not want a liberal president who didn't allow any word of dissent or opposition.)
  • owns a large chain of commercial retail property that they live on and use as meeting arenas... spaces that they then charge the government for using (at rather upscale prices), including charging for their own branded food and water.

I have many more reasons for not voting for Trump or anyone in his family, but these represent what I feel is fair and not emotional based. In particular, his style of governance (like a CEO and not like a president) is something I feel is very harmful... and note that the biggest companies are seldom run by a single man (you have a CEO, a COO, a CFO, and a lot of other "o"s in the mix which ensures a more diverse policy and an ability to have each division focus on important things and bring knowledgeable summaries to the directors so they can make good policy.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I'm curious. How do you feel about Obama's use of Executive Orders and closer to the point, the candidates on last nights debate telegraphing they would be using Executive Orders immediately upon election.

I agree about Executive Orders being a slippery slope. I did not like it with Obama, I do not like it with Trump and I won't like it if a Democrat is elected this time and uses them.

I also get from your post you are basically against anyone who is hugely successful in their personal financial lives holding high office? Would those who failed be better leaders? I see an intellectual disconnect there.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I also get from your post you are basically against anyone who is hugely successful in their personal financial lives holding high office? Would those who failed be better leaders? I see an intellectual disconnect there.

But couldn't an individual being overly financially successful, sometimes just indicate that they lack integrity?

I mean, we've all heard the metaphor about 'selling your soul to the devil'... idk, nothing wrong with being rich, I suppose. But, I'm sure there's plenty of brilliant individuals out there who never became extremely wealthy due to holding strong to their moral integrity.
edit on 13-9-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

But couldn't an individual being overly financially successful, sometimes just indicate that they lack integrity?

I mean, we've all heard the metaphor about 'selling your soul to the devil'... idk, nothing wrong with being rich, I suppose. But, I'm sure there's plenty of brilliant individuals out there who never became extremely wealthy due to holding strong to their moral integrity.

Are you saying rich people had to steal to get rich? If you think they do, then that is so jealous sounding.

I always thought that some people are better at understood the psychology of bartering better than others, some people are better in math than others and get hired to lucrative careers. Some people understand where needs can be met for their neighbors and comes up with a great idea like computer programmers do. I think us poor and middle class people need to quit being jealous of successful people who have earned millions.

Old money should be your only problem because the young who didn't earn it with something that the world needs, become arrogant and are bad examples.

edit on 14-9-2019 by Justoneman because: grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Are you saying rich people had to steal to get rich?

No, not necessarily!

But look at the whole Ray Kroc and McDonald brothers story for example. The McDonald brothers were the genius's behind the whole model, but there integrity prevented there model from ever becoming a billion dollar corporation. Kroc on the other hand didn't possess the innovation and original thought of the McDonald brothers, but he did lack moral integrity, which allowed him to exploit their model, which created the corporate empire that McDonald's is today.

Personally, I think the high integrity original thinkers are best suited as political leaders... where as the power hungry exploiters are best suited in the private sector and should stay well away from politics.

I think us poor and middle class people need to quit being jealous of successful people who have earned millions.

Well, maybe your just projecting... because I never even insinuated anything about being jealous.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Are you saying rich people had to steal to get rich?

No, not necessarily!

But look at the whole Ray Kroc and McDonald brothers story for example. The McDonald brothers were the genius's behind the whole model, but there integrity prevented there model from ever becoming a billion dollar corporation. Kroc on the other hand didn't possess the innovation and original thought of the McDonald brothers, but he did lack moral integrity, which allowed him to exploit their model, which created the corporate empire that McDonald's is today.

Personally, I think the high integrity original thinkers are best suited as political leaders... where as the power hungry exploiters are best suited in the private sector and should stay well away from politics.

I think us poor and middle class people need to quit being jealous of successful people who have earned millions.

Well, maybe your just projecting... because I never even insinuated anything about being jealous.

I never have been above middle class and I see people begrudging those ahead of them at my level. I can only imagine that most people would have some level of jealousy even if small as you believe to be somewhere zero. People with near zero jealousy wouldn't even bother to notice the rich people doing what rich people do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join