It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I not vote for Trump in 2020?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don’t know if you will get much participation from the people you’re asking. The DNC’s candidates all support the same things, which are big no-no’s for you based on what you posted. I honestly don’t know what the hell I am. Voted for Obama in 08. Didn’t vote in 2012 and then voted Trump in 2016. I just vote for whoever I think will do best by me and my family and Trump hasn’t disappointed.

I have more money in my pocket due to the tax cut and at least in my area the price of goods hasn’t changed as many of the left try to use as an argument against the tax cut.

Since Trump was elected I’ve had 2 raises that were larger than the previous 8 combined while Obama was in office.

I was able to opt out of the unaffordable Obamacare crap and purchase a catastrophic plan for myself since I’m young and don’t need a $400-$500/month plan with a $5000-$7500 deductible.

Gas is cheaper, which is a biggie since I commute from the suburbs to the inner city to work.

I could literally go on and on, but the point is who does the DNC have to offer that will benefit you more than Trump has should be a question for yourself. Plus, have you seen the complete ignorance in their posts? I wouldn’t trust anything they say anyways. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
ill vote for trump just like i did in 2016 because yet again hes miles ahead better then any of the democratic candidates so expect a repeat of the 2016 election no matter who the dems run with

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I'm not going to vote for a god-damned communist in 2020, and that'll be Warren.

So what are our choices?

Trump or a commie.

I guess America will decide if they want to eliminate freedoms, the Constitution and Bill of Rights in 2020.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That is not true. There are quite a few things I have not been happy about. If you had a Trump on the left they would have more of a chance to pull moderates from either side. That was a big part of the post. I wanted to see what people had to say about why someone should not vote for him.

How does anyone know already who I would vote for like you say?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well let's see here...so far in this thread we have a majority of conservatives talking about how blatenly bad every candidate the dems, have which have a chance in he'll of being nominated, are. Then we have a couple from the left addressing the OPs supposed intentions, which they honestly have no idea about, rather than the OP... Does that about sum it up? For all the orange man bad I hear around here I'd think more of them would be here to give us some actual reasoned responses as to why orange man bad and shouldn't be voted for in favor of their DNC candidate of choice...I guess we will see if any of them can make it by to have some reasoned discussion as I am truly curious.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
We already know there isn't a good enough reason in the world for you not to vote for him. That's fine but let's be real here, you weren't being genuine in your inquiry.

This thread is about VOTING
You say you dont
Jog on

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why would any intelligent person even bother contemplating whether or not they're going to vote for Trump in 2020 at this stage?

I mean, its still a year away till it even becomes an issue... so why not sit back, then just observe and take note at how this whole tariff war and the economy in general does over the next year, before making a decision?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Trump had the majority and didn't know how to use it.
He has been an ok potus.
Right now imo he appears to be miles ahead of the crap the dnc has spewed.

His scotus appointments alone are worth consideration for a second term.
He fundamentaly changed our scotus for a generation.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

All you're going to get from ATS is 'vote for Trump because everyone else is a communist!'

Then again, everyone to the right of center will say any Democrat is a communist. Even Joe Biden. Probably think the same of John Delaney.

Anyway...

Ignoring policies and trying to honestly answer your question: I think Donald J. Trump debases the presidency. He refers to other nations as '#-hole countries', he demands praise and loyalty from his cabinet members, he insults our allies and props up our enemies (the ones who generally oppose everything America has supported in the last 100 years). He regularly injects himself into 'celebrity' shouting matches on Twitter and is hypersensitive to criticism.

So, if November 2020 rolls around and you're looking at someone who aligns more with your ideals and someone who doesn't then vote for whoever you want anyway. Just don't forget to vote for everyone down the ballot too.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You hate a higher quality of life and more money in your wallet.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
President Trump hasn't completely earned my vote. It is a previously held position that I can't maintain any longer. He has some # to answer for.

The social credit score idea emerging from HARPA discussions for instance. They want to use that to determine who gets a 2nd Amendment right. No bias in that...right?

Then there's the AGs refusal to prosecute people who are very clearly part of a coup. At least that's what it looks like. Why the hell aren't they in jail after IG recommended prosecution?

These things are deal breakers for me. This administration hasn't addressed it and neither has the media. This has me a little worried. They fake report dumb crap about the Alabama map and ignore gun control via Google AI as a workaround to the constitution.

Nothing I said is fake news. The Trump Administration has to be clear with the American people about what these programs are and what it means to our liberty. I'm not as dumb as the media is to fall for his constant distractions.

Talking about "sharpie gate" while he works with tech giants to create a surveillance society on steroids is OBVIOUS.

I think we need to be honest with ourselves. Yes, Trump has done a lot of good for us. But is that really all he's done? Clearly that isn't so.

edit on 9 10 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Trump?

Or an opponent that wants to;

Raise taxes
Eliminate oil production and end fracking
Ban "assault" weapons
End laws against illegal entry into our country
Tax more because Climate Change
Government run/government owned healthcare
Free government run college

I mean, the answer is pretty effing clear.

Now some leftists have issues about being called a god-damned communist, but when you support an ideology that wants government to control the means of production, then effing own it, comrades!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You must be mistaken, this thread is a little more specific than just about voting, it was a question on why someone shouldn't vote a certain way. I guess your dementia gets in the way of you seeing the difference old man.

I would tell you to jog on too but I'm pretty sure your arthritis prevents you from doing so. Maybe you could scream at a few more clouds, that always seems to make you feel better. 🤣

I'm honestly surprised you didn't say anything about a stamp. Bravo, you're making progress.
edit on 9/10/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now some leftists have issues about being called a god-damned communist, but when you support an ideology that wants government to control the means of production, then effing own it, comrades!

Rather be called a communist than a god-damned fascist.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Name 3 things that Trump has written into law that are fascist.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Oh Christ!

Then name 2.

Name 2 laws that trump has signed that are fascist.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Fine.

Name one thing 1, uno, thing that Trump has done that is fascist.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: shooterbrody

You must be mistaken, this thread is a little more specific than just about voting, it was a question on why someone shouldn't vote a certain way. I guess your dementia gets in the way of you seeing the difference old man.

I would tell you to jog on too but I'm pretty sure your arthritis prevents you from doing so. Maybe you could scream at a few more clouds, that always seems to make you feel better. 🤣

I'm honestly surprised you didn't say anything about a stamp. Bravo, you're making progress.

So can you address the actual OP?

What would make someone vote for your party in 2020?

Curious.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Wow that post really triggered you.

He's not wrong though.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Wow that post really triggered you.

He's not wrong though.

I'm always triggered.

*shrugs*

Name me one thing that Trump has signed into law that is fascist.

Do it, comrade.

Do it-ski.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join