It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Stops Buying US Agricultural Products Entirely

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Buying/selling is a two way street.

I read a meme recently that struck a chord, it said "Age is the price for Wisdom"

On another thread someone said they didn't think age mattered. I had to laugh, only someone young would say that.
Sure there are some old fools too, but it is amazing what the world will show you in time.

There was a time when we did not have Chinese products in America. Not only did we survive, things were better.
I remember walking into Walmart and almost everything was "made in America" and it was quality. They actually had signs Made in America, and all the tags said that too. Some things were made in Hong Kong, or Vietnam, but those were seen as junk. When you make things at home for your own people, there is a sense of pride in making it. When it goes to a faraway land with foreign people, who cares. Works both ways.
edit on 10-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Edumakated

Good. There are numerous developing nations that would be more than happy to produce cheap plastic # that breaks. China is irrelevant to the US. I would rather see US dollars going to subsidize US farms than be sent to China.

China can’t win. All they can do is kick themselves and push their economy back 40 years which will immediately remove any possible threat they impose on the US from a financial or military standpoint.

Too late and too bad. All nations already banned plastic junk. Even Canada no long uses plastic straws.
edit on 10-9-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

You can't storm into HK that would be WW3 in no time. China will get the excuse to sink any foreign ships near the port.
edit on 10-9-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
China isn't buying our agricultural products?

Oh no! Dear me how will we ever survive dairy and grain products being cheaper?

I will go cry huge crocodile tears for schmucks who might lose 2-6k on in investment that doesn't help our country or its people who aren't loaded with cash.

Heaven forbid working class people catch a break for once.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'll keep an eye on the market. I think I've almost got it figured out.

Up is because of obama, down is because of Trump, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Apple doesn't have to operate in China using serf labor.

They can operate in Taiwan, the Philippines, Korea, or any other manufacturing hubs that aren't a communist threat to the US.

Otherwise they can operate here.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think even since this article came out, Japan has agreed to purchase ALL of our corn that China reneged on.

I can't wait for the day I can purchase an everyday product that doesn't say "made in China". I especially hesitate when buying a toy, or a teether, or anything for a child that is made in China. Someday, maybe we will see "made in U.S.A." and it won't break or wear out before its time.
edit on 10-9-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Well, this is unexpected. I figured China would hold out longer than this.

This is an act of desperation. Anyone who understood commerce knew this move would come. It's inevitable. It's also the last step before implementing fair trade relations. If China had any alternatives, they would have simply stayed their course and let the tariffs pull our economy down. Instead, they have tried their last Hail Mary this fast.

They may try one more trick, but I doubt it, and that would be to stop all exports to the US. That is a suicidal move, though, and I highly doubt China will take it.

Well played, President Trump!

TheRedneck

Is that last trick you mentioned selling all the US debt they bought up?

It would hurt them almost as much as us. Just hope it doesn't come to that.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Great...I suggest we stop buying their crap...

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Tariffs will force businesses back to the US, and it will be painful for a while. But the cure is going to bite at first, then prove our manufacturing, farming and industry the strongest worldwide, with no parasites like the Chinese.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Or to non-Chinese places at the least.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

You can't storm into HK that would be WW3 in no time. China will get the excuse to sink any foreign ships near the port.

Nah... they're a bunch of pussies!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Plotus

Or to non-Chinese places at the least.

Yes, we can do just fine buying "stuff" from Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, etc. Places that aren't openly antagonistic, aren't committing outright IP theft of hundreds of millions everyyear, aren't illegally dumping product to force other manufacturers out of business, and aren't using our hard currency via trade to finance their military build-ups.

Continuing to blindly throw money at China at the behest of soulless corporations while they behave that way is ridiculous and irresponsible. Plenty of countries will be thrilled to expand their developing industries to gain access to our markets via MFN status and the like. China is not the only game in town.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Most Favored Enemy. That's their actual status.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Discounting the Corporate oligarchy MIC, that essentially owns the government is stupid myopic styled thinking.

It's business, trump is a businessman and he will buckle under to the corporate deep state because he has no other alternative. And the deepstate will follow the profit motive where ever it leads. It's capitalism run riot.

edit on 10-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So you are bashing him for not buckling .. because he is going to buckle and you just know it ... and when he does it will be super bad while Democrats are screaming for him to buckle.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

China Stops Buying US Agricultural Products Entirely

N F L

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So many foods even fruit and veggies are from out of the country now.
Why can't our Farmers grow what we need and we not buy foreign food like we used to do it, saves the planet too!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Reuters News Wire
Published Tue, Sep 10 2019 11:46 AM EDT

CHINA IS EXPECTED TO AGREE TO BUY MORE AMERICAN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS IN HOPES OF A BETTER TRADE DEAL WITH U.S. - SCMP

www.cnbc.com... with-u-s--scmp.html
edit on 10-9-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Meh. Old news and good.

The Chicom Dragon needs a few lessons and when your economy is dependent on exports and you are net food importer its like cutting your own throat

<< 1    3  4 >>

join