It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton OUT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Granted. Likely he will be sought after to counter Trump's ''I asked for his resignation'' statement instead of him ''offering to resign''. But as Olaru pointed out, Bolton likely still has some deep connections within that old hawk machine and this could upset them a lot. That question, how they will react to this should be watched closely.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
One gets the impulse to give Trump some credit but actually it was stupid to hire this maniac Bolton in the first place.

Trump is stupid often as well as ignorant.

Here his ignorance was led by his stupidity in hiring Bolton

Can't disagree that he was stupid to hire Bolton.
Like I said earlier, though, we're all safer today so let's just enjoy that.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Granted. Likely he will be sought after to counter Trump's ''I asked for his resignation'' statement instead of him ''offering to resign''. But as Olaru pointed out, Bolton likely still has some deep connections within that old hawk machine and this could upset them a lot. That question, how they will react to this should be watched closely.

I'm going to be fascinated to see the reaction of people like Mark Levin too... he hated Trump, then loved him (to the extent he's now like a school girl fawning after her teacher). Levin is big pals with Bolton... so what now?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good riddance.
Bolton's a neocon.
Neocons are straight out of hell.
I have to admit it: Twitler may have actually done something right....

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Or, he can say he offered to resign BEFORE Trump said he was asked to. Big difference there. Likely it will all go under the rug but on that point the whole thing could explode into something bigger. It depends upon how strong Bolton's supporters within the MIC feel and how big a stink they want to make.

link   
Trump probably hired Bolton because he's a great media distraction with his hawkishness. Also a great media distraction when he gets fired.

It's the Trump show. Running the country like reality T.V.

Who's the next clown? Who cares? One thing is certain...they'll be fired or resign...lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
He should pardon Gen Flynn and give him his job back.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Willtell
One gets the impulse to give Trump some credit but actually it was stupid to hire this maniac Bolton in the first place.

Trump is stupid often as well as ignorant.

Here his ignorance was led by his stupidity in hiring Bolton

Can't disagree that he was stupid to hire Bolton.
Like I said earlier, though, we're all safer today so let's just enjoy that.

He could have hired him to put pressure on China and North Korea.

Firing him might be sending a signal to North Korea and ease tensions there.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: mzinga

Why is it a clown show? For the first time in a very very long time you have aw president who fires people if they do not perform or implement his agenda. He owes nothing to anybody so he makes choices he feels are good.

If you ran a business would you keep someone who was not in line with your vision?

He, trump, installed bolton making it a clown show.
Draining the swamp of his own officials, you understand how dumb that sounds?

Necessity is the mother of invention...and we are getting it here in spades.

When he arrived, to the Trumpeteers, Bolton was the war mongering dog's Bollocks, now he's out, he's just a bollocks.

In edit, I'll miss him though, he reminded me so much of Mr Pastry of my childhood tv...

edit on 10-9-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another NWO Globalist placed in the Sun.Light and burned 😎

Lol, what mastery.

Step one, hire toxic and dangerous person as national security advisory.

Step two, fire/ask for resignation and appear to be draining swamp.

If you keep spinning like this, Mossad might think you're an Iranian centrifuge.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

As long as it the next adviser doesn't come from the same vein as Bolton... We're moving forward. But I think this is a real opportunity to get faith back from the American population as well as allies abroad. This will also enable us to be more accessible to making deals with adversaries, I remember he created some waves for negotiations a few occasion.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

A lot of ''strange bedfellows'' in this mix. Squabbling should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We’ll probably never know why he got fired or what goes on in the Oval Office.

What we do know is that Trump wants out of Afghanistan in the best way possible.

And I can’t argue with that.

Damn right. What did the Taliban do that was so bad, again? Something about harboring bid Laden? Wait... no. We now know that he was in Pakistan the whole time, and probably never spent even a single minute in any caves in Tora Bora.

The war with Afghanistan was fought to gain control of the opium trade. Terrorism was just a red herring.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

What we do know is that Trump wants out of Afghanistan in the best way possible.

Damn right. What did the Taliban do that was so bad, again?

Well, you might want to ask members of the armed forces who have been dealing with the Taliban for the last 18 years.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Do you work for him? You are speaking in absolutes. I am stating that for some reason Trump didn't want him and he was fired. That is his choice and at his discretion.

How does firing someone show a person has no idea what they are doing?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Damn right. What did the Taliban do that was so bad, again? Something about harboring bid Laden? Wait... no.

Not to mention acting like they had a firm grip on Afghanistan as a whole is a bit simplistic. There were a lot of localized tribal rule. Either way, they both gained power and clout from getting propped up by the US to serve as a proxy against the Soviets, and the post USSR Afghanistan was influenced by our actions.

I couldn't argue your point as to what our motives with Afghanistan were/are... I'd just like to add it also provided an immediate target we could start shelling to appease our nationwide emotion to get revenge. None of the world was going to argue with our selection for a punching bag.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
So who will he get to fill the position. Maybe he will try to mend some fences and appoint Crissy Teigen

For flipssake he can't even build a wall, never mind mend fences.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Well, you might want to ask members of the armed forces who have been dealing with the Taliban for the last 18 years.

The simple truth is, just like the Iraq war, the war in Afghanistan was based on a lie. Bin Laden and 19 out of 21 of the terrorists were Saudis, but
that was too big a hornet's nest to poke, so Afghanistan was selected as an alternative target for the US' collective wrath.

Edit: And as a bonus, we got a bunch of poppy fields, which is why we currently have an epidemic of opioid abuse.
edit on 10-9-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

The simple truth is, just like the Iraq war, the war in Afghanistan was based on a lie. Bin Laden and 19 out of 21 of the terrorists were Saudis, but that was too big a hornet's nest to poke, so Afghanistan was selected as an alternative target for the US' collective wrath.

No argument there. The motives for both conflicts were specious to say the least--lies within lies within lies.
But the Taliban was harboring members of AQ; they were allowing those guys to train.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Proof Bolton was fired!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join