It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I live with demons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Okay, this thread is quite a personal matter but I bring this up simply to know your perspective on that and if you've ever been in the same situation than I am.

Seems like, these days, that all of my friends and co-workers are somekind of hypocritical, sadistic persons devoted to do anything they can to put me down and make me depressed. The way they behave with me... being both totally careless of what I feel and yet very intolerant and distrusful, makes me crazy at times. One person, more importantly, seems to have started the whole thing. She's the girlfriend of one of my old friends and I used to (what a terrible mistake) be attracted to her. Our relation has always been an up and down but one day she started to be very rude with me and telling me terrible things when we were in private like I should commit suicide and I never did anything wrong or misguided to her, no sexual harassment or anything. But she still does everything to make me depressed, ranting and pointing out all what't wrogn in me and in what I do, and when I try to talk about the issue she coldly disses me or answers me with mockery... I'm totally unable to have a calm and frank conversation with her. In layman's terms, this woman would fall down into the category of being a "cold bitch", and a terrible one! Another weird thing is that since she started to call me by my last name in a gross way, something that nobody has ever done sicne my early high school (friends usually call me by my first name or use nicknames), everybody started doing the same and now they all do. That's ridiculous, as we all are at the mid to late 20s and this stuff is so childish that I don't know why it's there, but still she's the one who strated this and she told me once how it was important to her to do that (???). Perhaps she's sick... has some huge emotional and communicational issues, but to what I observe she really seems like she's all negative like that on purpose.

Anyways, through all that I keep feeling like there are people that are plotting something against me. I know this truly sounds like typical paranoia, but things have not always been like that... for a long time I had good friends and love interests with whom I did'nt had these kinds of worries.

Does any of you had this same impression that their little world is populated by a few demons that keep messing things up in their life? Is this problem concerns more people than I think or what? Could it be possible that demonic beings are walking on this earth trying to conspire and kill the minds of naive human beings?

Of course I don't like religious explanations to social problems, but I'm jsut curious about this perspective...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
never dip your wick in the office genepool. Learn that early and take it to heart. Relationships and working enviroments can become VERY uncomfortable, to the point of the other people seaming to be against you. A wise and buisiness savy up coming person NEVER dates from work. It RARLEY works out, there are exceptions.
These folks are probebly not demons but angry yes.....they have opinions about what goes on in the work enviroment...and seams you may allready have crossed a line beyond the point of no return.
Good luck with all that.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I just wanna clarify that this is mostly with the friends that I have outside of the workplace, while a few of them, including that girl I'm talking about, do work at the same place than I do. So it's not related to the work environment, but thanks for the tip, RiverGoddess.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ah, the human race. what a disgrace. disregard them and go about your way to the best of your ability. Keep your spirits up and you will see that if you stay a kind person and keep your head up, over time you will start attracting those of your nature around you. Or maybe, what you might see is just a mirror image of yourself in them. Birds of a feather flock together. . . . but I will say this. never date a co-worker. . . . ever.

XL5

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
You have 3 - 4 options. Ignore them the best you can and don't give them a reaction. If she brings up suicide, ask her if she wants to help and what the best method is, just to sarcasticly "fun" her. Ask her what you've done to deserve the put downs and be honest. If all else fails, do something foolish and compleatly unexpected near her in public and see what happens (just doing what your doing currently isn't working, try something new).

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
You know, it occurs to me that your "best friend", the bf of the bitch? Maybe he isn't seeing what's really going on around him, right under his nose and to his best friend...you?
Is that possible?
Is this woman so two-faced that she hides her malevolent and hurtful behavior when he's around?
If that -is- the case, I'd set up a situation where she goes into one of her tirades under conditions -you- set up...and get her on video tape or at least an audio tape. Then, replay it for your friend(s).
I wonder how that would change the dynamics of the situation, hmmmm?
Just a thought.
bubbabak

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Echtelion

Your friends do not really sound like friends, because friends are suppose to be supportative of you, accept you for who you are and wish you the best. So, rather than asking if your friends are "demons" you really should be asking yourself why are you with people like this?

If I were you, I would confront them all, tell them how they are making me feel, and if they cannot respect me, I would ditch them.

Now, why people sometimes treat you like dirt. There a range of reasons, and most of the time it is because of their own inadequacies. In fact, if someone like this this woman you talking about, will go to so many lengths to put you down, then there is obviously something very inadequate about this person. There is something about you that reflects that inadequacy in that woman, and this is why she is attacking you, because she doesn't want to acknowledge this.

So, know this and be empowered by this. There is nothing that is wrong with you, it's this womans problem. Next time you approach her or your friends, visualise and surround yourself in a golden white light to protect yourself, make it so bright, so brilliant, that it cannot be penetrated and it beams out in all directions and fills the room. If your thoughts are a centre of positivity, if your aura is bright and powerful, you will emanate positive energy, and then your friends and this woman may well change their attitude towards you, because subconsciously they will register the positive shift in your consciousness. If not, it does not matter, because your positivity will attract true positive people, meaning true friends.

However, if you do the opposite, and expect animosity, negaivity and humilation from others, then it will become a self fulfilling prophecy and you will indeed get animosty, negativity and humilation. The key is the thoughts that you beam out. Try it, try visualising yourself with this powerful golden white light and become a center of positivity and see your friends and this woman being positive with you, experience it, and then become it, and remember what it was like. Make this as vivid and life-like as you can and engage all your senses - hear it, see it, feel it, taste it, smell it. Now, next time you encounter them, remember what it was like and see if anything is different. You might find it indeed is. If it isn't - ditch them, because they are human demons not worth your attention.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You gotta have the confidence not to give a rats behind what other people think about you or the life you live. Surround yourself with good, positive people and cultivate solid friendships - leave the rest in the dust. So...they wanna plan your demise huh? I'd say to myself..."go ahead, lets see what you've got!" "Say whatever you damn well please about me, I couldn't care less". Remember, you aren't here to prove anything to anyone. Nor do you have to defend who you are or what you stand for. Sometimes you've gotta be your own best friend. Take the high road and forget the mindless trash talkers. In time they'll reap what they sow.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
River Goddess and several others are right on the money. Don't fraternize at work, drop them off the Christmas List, and pray for them, like ask "God", ( or whatever you pray to), to give them everything they want and everything they need. It's really a great way to disempower your enemies. This enables you to free yourself of any resentments you may have against them also.

Try this for 2 weeks straight even if they p!ss you off.

And espsecially if they p!ss you off. It's an excellent release and tool for freeing yourself from their perceived negetavity. Angry people just hate it when people love them. This stuff can be great fun and awesome tool.
Don't allow yourself to be manipulated by their weaknesses, do what you need to do for yourself without infringing on them.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I say that you take and eye for an eye and tell her that you're not going to take her crap. The whole audio thing is a good idea as well. If all else fails, just ignore her. People like that can't stand it when there's no reaction to what they're saying.

As far as her being a demon...naaah. Unless of course you see a tail or some pointy horns or something.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i dont think you work with demons to say the least

you just crossed soem line you cant see..
bad girl for you

any thing but demons naaa
best option i can give ya well none sorry man just tough it out and go on with life even tho it is short

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
give demon a break and don't blame everything on them, what you need is a good re-education in PR and interpersonal skill, if your current job isn't all that great or important, I suggeat you change a job to get a new environment, read up some book, pre-determine your character and public image before you start your new job, and yes, be assertive.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yess all of those little people are 'demons' in their own way. Deny their ignorance and move on when the time comes.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by toechopper
I say that you take and eye for an eye and tell her that you're not going to take her crap. The whole audio thing is a good idea as well. If all else fails, just ignore her. People like that can't stand it when there's no reaction to what they're saying.

As far as her being a demon...naaah. Unless of course you see a tail or some pointy horns or something.

I have to agree with TC on this one, And by the way i am sorry to hear that you are in this type of situation, life is sometimes hard enough with out this type of added agravation.
My advice is to deal with this person from a position of strength and the sooner the better.When talking or dealing with this person be VERY forward look right into her eyes and dont flinch, state what you mean and mean what you state. Be breif to the point of rudeness, and dont let this person even get started making you feel badley.Ignore and move on.

Hope this helps
parker

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Seems like I jsut have to find a way to go with the flow while defending my dignity.

I recently made the choice to simply avoid these people and think more about myself. Even if it's somekind of diabolical plot against me, I guess I'll just try to stop behaving as their friend and stop doing as if they had an importance, something which will be better for me and might make them realize, if they really are humans, that they have lost a friend because of their intolerance and mistrust in me. But I really don't think that they are demons... they're just insane. I start to realize how the people around me are terribly mad, disconnected beings trapped in their own little fantasies. I am too, in a way, but just not on the same drug... That evil girl I was talking about... she's just a person with huge communication issues, and she's knwo to be extremely insecure and scared about many things, so much that she's hardly talkable... not just with me but with anybody.

I remember a time when girls used to like flirting around me instead of threating me like a psycho, these were days when I was proud of myself, and had no problems throwing back the crap from the dogs with a polite and sovereign F U!

Thanks for your ideas and you support, buddies!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
np man and you welcome

top topics

join