It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? UK lawmakers physically restrain the speaker of the house to keep him from leaving.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aspie
The leader of the Liberal Democrats (they really should change their party name), Jo Swinson, has even said if we have another referendum and we again vote to Leave, she will ignore and vote/campaign against it.

If anyone right wing or who wants to Leave came out with such an undemocratic comment like that, we wouldn't hear the last of it. But because it's a remainer, the media barely mentioned it or call it out for what it is, fascism.
edit on 83002bAmerica/ChicagoWed, 11 Sep 2019 02:02:24 -05003019 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

So this is the big "WTF" moment, as you can see, the "WTF" moment and I hate to use this:

Its fake news

At any time he could have left, its was a symbolic protest. Get a grip people, at no point did Bercow look in danger. Just a bunch of jumped up high paid morons who couldnt catch a cold arguing over anything and everything as its better than actually working together.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
a reply to: Aspie
The leader of the Liberal Democrats (they really should change their party name), Jo Swinson, has even said if we have another referendum and we again vote to Leave, she will ignore and vote/campaign against it.

If anyone right wing or who wants to Leave came out with such an undemocratic comment like that, we wouldn't hear the last of it. But because it's a remainer, the media barely mentioned it.

That party (Lib/dems) is more reminiscent of the Women's Institute (W.I.) than

a legit political party!! It is full of luvies.

Politics is serious business ......As a woman I am appalled when I see them being

greeted as new members etc. the big hugs and group hugs etc. /smh.

They are playing at politics ..... you can't take them seriously, not even the men

As for dealing with the EU

Give me a break.....

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Totally agree with you there 83Liberty. The LibDumbs as I call them on Twitter are neither Liberal or democrats. But as they've managed to attract all those remain mps who have resigned from other parties at least now we have all the rotten eggs in one basket and know who not to vote for.

Jo Swinson has the intelligence of a 5 year old. She still believes they have a chance of winning a general election when there is more chance that a unicorn would win the Grand National. They can't see that the little success they've had in the local elections and the european elections(which are a farce) are only a protest vote against the government by remain voters. It wouldn't translate to anything significant in a general election.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

They are a bunch of incompetent, self-aggrandising and out of touch arseholes and every single one of them should be barred from holding public office or having positions of influence.

The party political system they represent and do so much to maintain is archaic and no longer fit for purpose.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Citizenship Irrelevant

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Did you vote in the UK?

If not, I may use the argument of the Trump-defenders: not your playground.

All members of ATS are welcome to comment on any topic.

Anyone attempting to discourage or prevent any member of ATS from commenting on any topic is trolling in violation of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Should you encounter such violations, please alert us to them and, above all, please avoid responding in kind, because trolling of any kind for any reason may result in suspension or termination of posting privileges.

If anyone has any questions or comments about this or any other ATS policy, please don't hesitate to let us know, or send me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss it, but in this thread let's please stick to the topic.

Thanks.

edit on 9/11/2019 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

They are a bunch of incompetent, self-aggrandising and out of touch arseholes and every single one of them should be barred from holding public office or having positions of influence.

.....in your opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
They are savages anyway, it is not news to see them acting like they are.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yes my friend, that is my assessment of them and the current party political system.

If you disagree I'd be interested in knowing why and what you think of them.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org...=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&a mp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Might have to drag him back in again...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan perhaps you are unfamiliar with the definition of "ceremonial"? Do you not understand what that means? I assume by the headline for this thread, that you do not. Google and the online dictionary is your friend.
Boris better hope that he doesn't befall the same circumstance as Charles I. Can't say that I would disagree with it, though.

edit on 11-9-2019 by TemplarLoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Different culture, hard to judge

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth
It's a subculture (parliamentarians) very conscious of their own tradtitions. They were re-enacting something that happened in the reign of Charles I. If you can imagine Democrats protesting Trump by re-enacting something Washington did against King George. that would be the nearest equivalent.

edit on 12-9-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

(post by gflyg removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why Did MPs Try to Sit on Speaker

The move was supposed to be based on an event in 1629 when MPs pinned the Speaker to his seat in an attempt to prevent the prorogation of Parliament.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gflyg

I don't believe it happens everytime Parliament closes but yes, it was meant to be Symbolic.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: gflyg

I don't believe it happens everytime Parliament closes but yes, it was meant to be Symbolic.

Freudian slip? More like shambolic

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes we laugh at it. They are a bunch of childish politicians who have totally embarrassed themselves

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Hahah, that's hilarious. "We symbolically kept him in Parliament by literally physically restraining him to his chair in Parliament."

Uh, OK. Way to do symbolism there, Brits.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join