It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Rep said Bill of Rights wouldn’t pass today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

The KKK is strong with Democrats...even to this day. Sad and disgusting.

Even worse are the black leaders who are attacking black Trump supporters. They're the overseers whose job is to make sure the slaves stay on the plantation where they belong.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KYRick

You're probably about my little brother's age, and I'm pretty sure that was the routine for him too! I remember sitting at the kitchen table doing homework while he was watching in the other room... Schoolhouse Rock was always a distraction I welcomed! When my kids were little, it was on Saturday mornings. They loved it too.

Ahhhhh.... gotta love happy memories, eh?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

If it wouldn't there wouldn't be a United States of America, there would just be a bunch of States. Which is probably where we are headed.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Man, My childhood was pretty good. I had some bad times with divorced parents but yeah, growing up in the 70's and 80's was a whole different ballgame since 20K reared its ugly head. y n the summer time my Mom would literally kick me out of the house in the morning and make me play outside with my friends till lunch. Then after lunch it was the same. We had woods near my place growing up that had bike trails and was filled with local legends. Those woods are now a condo with a golf course behind it...

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Proudly birthed in '72. When I became a father I made sure to have plenty of all the old greats on hand like Bugs Bunny and Foghorn Leghorn. All the old great Loony Toons. I bet my daughter and I watched the Loony Toon movie 1000 times if we watched it once.

Sorry for the thread drift. I get carried away sometimes. Back to the topic at hand.

ORANGEMAN RACIST AND BAD!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Democrats are no longer liberals. They are Progressives. A true liberal would never fight against the rights of the people.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Democrats are no longer liberals. They are Progressives. A true liberal would never fight against the rights of the people.

They've become fascists. They no longer believe in free speech, and seek to suppress/censor any voices they disagree with.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: LSU2018

I can guess what term Johnson used.

Most of us know who care to look because it's an open secret.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Shows you just who they are.

Ummm...scum of the earth...?

YouSir

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
All the more reason to jealously guard our rights, armed to the teeth, not for ourselves but for our children who would not forgive us for being so thoughtless, at least I'd hope so.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Congress shall make no law respecting an established religion, or allowing the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, except by censor or lack of sponsorship; or of the press, provided the articles are approved; or the right of the people to assemble in known peaceable groups, and to petition the Government for grievances, that may or may not be addressed.

A heavily regulated Militia, being the only people the right to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be given quarter in any house, without the consent of the Party, nor in time of war anywhere, but in a manner to be administered by law.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall be violated, and Warrants shall be issued, upon probable cause, supported by Supposition, and particularly describing the person to be searched and seized.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation...unless it is desired or required to suspend the proceeding.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public opinion trial, by a biased jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him, absent cross examination; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law; except in cases where denying these right assures an easy conviction.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted; as defined by the party.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to approve or encourage others not granted to the people.

The powers not delegated to the Party by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the Members of the Party respectively, or to the people that vote for them.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Congress shall make no law respecting an established religion, or allowing the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, except by censor or lack of sponsorship; or of the press, provided the articles are approved; or the right of the people to assemble in known peaceable groups, and to petition the Government for grievances, that may or may not be addressed.

A heavily regulated Militia, being the only people the right to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be given quarter in any house, without the consent of the Party, nor in time of war anywhere, but in a manner to be administered by law.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall be violated, and Warrants shall be issued, upon probable cause, supported by Supposition, and particularly describing the person to be searched and seized.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation...unless it is desired or required to suspend the proceeding.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public opinion trial, by a biased jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him, absent cross examination; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law; except in cases where denying these right assures an easy conviction.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted; as defined by the party.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to approve or encourage others not granted to the people.

The powers not delegated to the Party by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the Members of the Party respectively, or to the people that vote for them.

So , what's the purpose of just slightly changing the wording.....what's your point ??

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: carewemust

The KKK is strong with Democrats...even to this day. Sad and disgusting.

Even worse are the black leaders who are attacking black Trump supporters. They're the overseers whose job is to make sure the slaves stay on the plantation where they belong.

There are no legitimate high-profile Black leaders any longer. Those who claim to be, wouldn't qualify to wipe M.L. King's backside.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Ok, I'll answer.......change the wording just enough to make the amendments have quite different meanings ?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Democrats in the U.S. House are so dysfunctional, they're refusing to let Inspector General Horowitz testify about his recent report on James Comey's behavior.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

They bent over backwards to get Bob Mueller's public testimony.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They didn't bend over backward, they more or less compelled it. Mueller didn't want to testify.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

My point would be to read Animal Farm to see how slight changes make for a big change in meaning. Also this is how the Bill of Rights is viewed and interpreted by some within our own government today.

Little changes, big difference in meaning.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The 2019 Bill of Rights would end up lookinging something like:
1. Congress shall only make laws that placate atheism or pander to minority religions within the United States. Freedom of the Press shall be granted to those press outlets which are owned and maintained by multinational conglomerates and all news must meet strict criteria to suit and support the narratives established and propagated by the establishment government which has been properly reimbursed by those multinationals. Congress shall make no law prohibiting the exercise of free speech, but since nothing is free, consequences will result against any speaker who's words fall outside of the approved narratives. The right of the people to assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances shall not be questioned, but will be restricted to "free speech zones" outside of which no freedom of speech exists and no assembly will be tolerated.

2. The government of the United States and it's member states and communities will define and endorse the concept of "security" and, as such, those government entities will be the free state. The right of the people to exist in a disarmed state, helpless unless they are the aggressor or chosen for security by the government shall no be infringed.

3. No citizen shall, at any time, place a claim of ownership over any house or property without consent of the government and remittance of taxes for that property as defined and directed by the government.

4. The people own nothing which cannot be subjected to on-demand search, seizure, and destruction without compensation by the government, including real property, personal devices and effects, and your own children and pets.

5. The judiciary shall decide what is legal and what is illegal and their authority may extend to prescription of penalties in all cases of the state against a citizen.

6. All criminal prosecutions will be conducted within a timetable prescribed by the judiciary, likely based on whatever speed of trial is most disadvantageous to the defendant demonstrating their innocence if the crime is against the state, but very much to the defendant's advantage if the accused's crimes were directed against a fellow citizen. Juries will be chosen arbitrarilly, with juries for crimes against the state inconvenienced to their fullest to ensure angry rulings against the defendant. Compensation for jurors will be a laughable joke, making the entire event worthless to them.

7. The outcome of lawsuit cases will depend entirely on how much money and influence the party being sued possesses. If one a highly affluenced multinational is sued by a private party, the jury may award a great sum, but a higher court will likely reduce it to a pittance and, in the rare case where the higher court does not, the case will be allowed to languish until said company has been absorbed by another corporation, erasing the ruling, or the awarded party has passed, negating the ruling.

8. Excessive bail shall be defined based on the available resources of the injured party, not the defendant. If a crime is committed against the state, then a $1,000,000 bail is but a minute fraction of wealth when weighed against the overall available monies of the government. Conversely, if the injured party is a public school teacher who was raped and murdered, her net worth was $50,000... so the defendant getting a $10,000 bail is considerable when weighed against the victim's assets.

9. Any right not enumerated within this Constitution does not exist. No state may award greater liberty than the federal government considers.

10. All income and holdings shall be taxed and then redistributed to the Kept Voter base that ensures the security of the Party. Medical, education, and even food and housing will be provided for you, funded by taxing those who haven't yet turned to the state to subsidize their life. Those tax rates will be defined by how much is needed to be taken from the middle class to shuffle them down the ladder to the point of themselves needing state subisidies to survive. Anyone who questions these policies will be subject to redress of grievances by hordes of Kept Voters, accusations of racism, sexism, and bigotry will be levied against those who believe their earnings should be their own.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The Bill of Rights is the law of the land!
So why isn't it called the law of rights?
A bill waits to become law.

edit on 10-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Same thing, I just sugar coated it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join