It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Rep said Bill of Rights wouldn’t pass today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: KYRick

I was an 80's kid. Saturday morning cartoons always played "In A Minute" and would have a message for all of us that took 60 seconds to tell. From saying no to drugs and listening to your parents to using manners and staying in school. And, of course, they had the best toy commercials ever. If I had a quarter for every time I said "OOOO Mom! I want that!" I'd be rich.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Handouts. LBJ targeted the poor black communities and promised government assistance. That's why he said he'd have black people voting democratic for 200 years. Well, he didn't say black people, but I can't repeat what term that democrat used.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I was an 80's kid. Saturday morning cartoons always played "In A Minute" and would have a message for all of us that took 60 seconds to tell. From saying no to drugs and listening to your parents to using manners and staying in school. And, of course, they had the best toy commercials ever. If I had a quarter for every time I said "OOOO Mom! I want that!" I'd be rich.

I remember those. They actually still play on Saturdays on some of the more obscure local channels here in Louisville.

And Oh those toys! I gotta tell you, I was that kid that had every single Star Wars toy that came out. The ships, the figures, the playsets. All of them. Many of them I got two and the ones I didn't play with are still in the box. I definitely got my quarters!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The whole thing is so Orwellian

The greatest country in the history of the world, will be brought down from within

Our rights will be taken away not by force, but by being demanded by the people take away their own rights

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I can guess what term Johnson used.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KYRick

You are absolutely right. I stand corrected. I forgot some important history in the heat of posting. I should have said the democrats who CLAIMED to be for civil rights are now the ones who push to end them.

The irony of it all is that their message in 1965 was "NEVER NEVER NEVER" and today it's "RESIST". Nothing changed besides their target.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I never see any toy commercials anymore unless it's for a pony or Barbie. Most of my collection was Thundercats, Ninja Turtles, and G.I. Joe. I had a hundred Matchbox cars but me and buddy (he had even more) crushed them one by one over the course of a year with an iron wagon wheel at the end of my driveway. We'd put one against the other and pretend they wrecked. If we got bored, we'd either be on our bikes or tossing action figures in one of the trees and get it stuck just to knock it out with another one. It posed a good challenge and kept us busy for hours.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
100% of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act. I think only three Democrats votes for as well. May be off on that number.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

All my GI Joes met grisly ends and the hand of the dreaded M80.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) Said he does not think the Bill of Right would pass in today’s climate.

Translation:

Democrats would fight against the Bill of Rights

The sad scary part is, I don’t think he’s pandering here, I think he believes this. I don’t know how he would vote on the Bill of Rights, I am guessing he would vote with his democratic base and vote no.

What say you....

summit.news...

This really simplifies things as far as voting in 2020........who is against our Bill of Rights, is pro extreme abortion (infanticide) and wants to confiscate our guns ???

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
100% of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act. I think only three Democrats votes for as well. May be off on that number.

The irony here is that now that their true colors have been defined, the left base claims that those Dems are now Republican and those Republicans that wanted Civil Rights are now Democrats. I guess in this day and age you can be one thing and identify as another with other social aspects besides Gender.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

That was a lie they come up with when the south did indeed flip republican. If that was the case why didn’t Robert Byrd?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: willzilla

Robert Byrd? Hillary Clinton's mentor in the Senate? It's known he was in the Klan back in the day. I've heard his rank reported a couple of different ways: either "Grand Cyclops" or "Grand Kleagle." A long list of prominent Dems had no problem overlooking this. Joe Biden eulogized him at his funeral.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I thought that was the 'Patriot' Act?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I see a golden opportunity to tax freedom.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KYRick

originally posted by: willzilla

The irony here is that now that their true colors have been defined, the left base claims that those Dems are now Republican and those Republicans that wanted Civil Rights are now Democrats. I guess in this day and age you can be one thing and identify as another with other social aspects besides Gender.

I get where you are going with this. I don't think that there are many Republicans turn Democrat that would ever think along the lines of the garbage that is coming out of the DNC these days.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

The KKK is strong with Democrats...even to this day. Sad and disgusting.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: willzilla

Robert Byrd? Hillary Clinton's mentor in the Senate? It's known he was in the Klan back in the day. I've heard his rank reported a couple of different ways: either "Grand Cyclops" or "Grand Kleagle." A long list of prominent Dems had no problem overlooking this. Joe Biden eulogized him at his funeral.

When Obama was running in 2008, one of our salesmen (he was in his 80's) said in his shaky old voice, "Well, I guess i'm gonna have to vote for the n*gg*r." because he was an old democrat and refused to change his party. He was an old Sheriff from Arkansas. He wouldn't even call him by name and only ever voted along party line.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I think that one was my favorite of all!

Here's another good one:

How do they make a song about the constitution so sexy.
Is that ABBA?? 70s and 80s were a righteous era to be brought up in.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

How do they make a song about the constitution so sexy. Is that ABBA?? 70s and 80s were a righteous era to be brought up in.

LOL! I never would have thought "sexy" until you said that -- but you're right! Now I can't "un-hear" it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join