It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That feeling of being looked at...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAbove

Yeah it could be a two way channel, but i also wonder if it could be more than 2 way. Perhaps 3 way, 4 way or more... it just depends on how many observe it.

Can the observer(s) witnessing the scenario be the instigator of helping the staree become aware they are being observed ? Of course that is if there is an observer at all. There likely won't always be an observer.

leolady

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Only by cultivating inspiration and trusting intuition or by being inspired and intuitive. The former is the staircase while the latter is an elevator.

OP, I was once at a public library sitting at a desk they had placed right in front of the entrance, looking out of a window directly at the door. I was bent over my journal, completely engrossed in writing. I don't see anything other than my journal, I'm not paying attention to anything else. All of a sudden, I whipped my head up just in time to see two gorgeous women walking through the door.
edit on 10-9-2019 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I have noticed the feeling of someone watching before, there is something to it.

One story I came across related to special forces training, if you are going in for a stealth knife attack then do not look at your subject. Trying this when looking at your subject can tip them off to defend and counter. It has to do with that sensation of someone looking at you.

The key word here is 'sensation'. It is a sensation that makes you turn to see someone staring at you. All of life is sensation.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

I don't even know what that was, let alone how to reply.

Legit...

What's any of that to do with Einstein's spooky action at a distance, the dual split experiment or Shroedingers cat?

Let alone why your brain can 'feel' the action of someone staring at you, which most times comes down to little more than someone subconsciously noticing the body language of those around them based on over a hundred thousand years of evolutionary response to danger when dealing with unknown situations?

I play I play.. but serious though... I don't get it.

PS: I worked on the Y2K bug down here, dealing with PC's that were either not compliant or dealing with the software used that was not compliant... we didn't have any COBOL. Win3.11 was still OK though.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I can always make someone turn around and look at me if I concentrate.
Often I can make someone touch their nose or their hair too.

Interesting... I caught myself fighting the urge to touch my nose and hair the other day. Then I turned around and saw some Cookie the Clown looking freak staring at me.

I touch my nose WITH my hair... that's also why people stare at me. :/

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Imagine walking down the street realizing you're being recorded and that you would be seen on the recording two weeks later by a man who became a dad just the day before that and so you write him a message saying congratulations with having becoming a dad down on a large piece of carton.

Ok, I just imagined this.

Now I'm stuck in a tree somewhere in the Amazon, surrounded by tribal people yelling incoherent things at me, waving spears and pointing arrows at me.

What next? Hurry, I'm slipping.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I think there's a distinction between feeling being looked at and spontaneously turning your head to someone who is looking.

I mean, when you spontaneously look in the direction of someone looking you don't always have the (intimidating) feeling being looked at first.

You also can sneak up to a person when you notice he's "off guard", not sensing (looks of) people.

It's just the looking game.

It means something but I don't know what but certainly it is another sense.
edit on 11-9-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

It's like 11:11

you only notice you looked at the clock, when you see it there. Otherwise, your mind doesn't register you even looked.

We're hard wired to always feel observed. We look up, if we see nothing, we don't register it.. but that one time someone is peering at us, staring at us, we think "I knew it!"

You'd be amazed how the brain works like this. Or not.. could be spooky stuffs.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Of course, being looked at is not to automatically be taken or considered to be nefarious in any manner allthough it certainly could be one of the motivations of the onlooker. All avenues or reasons for the ones doing the looking are to be considered and no distinction is being made on that matter in regard to the one being stared or looked upon having the feeling or sense of being viewed.

A very in depth investigation or study would need to happen in order to break this down into further sub-catgeries of the types of looks one is getting and this is way beyond what I believe the current or existing studies touched upon.

Types of Looks are endless... lol... We'd have to deeply know the inner workings of the minds of the lookers as well as any prior history toward the one they look upon I think.

leolady

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I am sure that there are many like myself who dare no longer look; let alone stare at people. On a daily basis there will be a dozen or so people who will suddenly turn around and look straight at me. That always happens if I look at somebody from behind even for a second; whether they are a few yards away or a hundred yards away.

I say a dozen or so per day because for most of the time I avoid looking at anyone .

Rather than spend time researching the phenomenon in the realms of Quantum Entanglement and so on, I drew my conclusions a while back. For me it was just the old esoteric adage : "Energy follows the focus of attention".

I have to add that I have spent many years training my mind to focus. This has been beneficial in my life but the side-effect is that the energy from the focus of attention is so condensed that it is readily felt by the subject of the attention.

In my own experience , I have noted that :-

1)Animals do not sense that they are stared at. Only movement, noise or smell will trigger a reaction and remember that their sensory perceptions are more heightened than ours.

2)If you stare blankly at someone (with no thoughts or feelings),it is unlikely that the subject will sense anything.

3)Yes,it is possible to make someone trip, brush their hands through their hair, and do other things.

4)There are two types of reactions from people being stared at: -

a) they feel a suddden positive boost
b) they feel violated. It depends on the thoughts and feelings that accompanied the stare.

edit on 18-12-2019 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've made eye contact with people before or bumped into someone and when it's like this instant knowing inside, I can't even describe it, like you know them or maybe a bit of Deja vu, there's just something, and you see them having the exact same reaction you are having, you know they know and they know you know, validating what you are feeling. Very strange and happened to me a few times before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join