It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mens Room

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I saw this on a discussion board and was curious to see what you people here thought.

OK - this will be hard to explain delicately.
Most of the time, when I'm in a rest room with other men, we are using the urinals in what I consider the normal fashion. That is, we approach the urinal, zip down the fly, take care of business, zip up, wash up, leave.

Some men, however, approach the urinal, and then proceed to undo their belt, drop their pants, and continue on from there. What's with that?

I mean, if a guy is doing that next to me, it scares me. I'm half expecting him to pull out some sort of harness or other apparatus, seeing as how he apparently needs lots of room to "swing a cat".

Does anyone know why some men do this? I'd guess the percentage is about 20 -25%, and I haven't been able to discern any pattern (executives, rednecks, etc.)

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
LMAO!! Well thats a first for me. I havent seen anybody do that ever.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
someone once started chatting to me while i was peeing.
i was just doing my business and this guy comes nex to me, unzips his pants and starts doing his business, then he asks "how are you".
man that scared me. luckily i was just done so all i said was "fine"

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
someone once started chatting to me while i was peeing.
i was just doing my business and this guy comes nex to me, unzips his pants and starts doing his business, then he asks "how are you".
man that scared me. luckily i was just done so all i said was "fine"

LOL! Now why would that sacre you. Well thinking about it.......its pretty funny actually.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have NEVER had that happen near me.... no, wait, when I was in kindergarden the guys still hadn't learned the whole 'trick'.

Where is this happening to you? Do I want to ask (were the guys at this place excited over things the supreme court did last week?)?

Seriously, are these guys the type who wear big, baggy pants, gangsta style? If so, I don't know if they can function the normal way.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I mean, if a guy is doing that next to me, it scares me. I'm half expecting him to pull out some sort of harness or other apparatus, seeing as how he apparently needs lots of room to "swing a cat".

Meow! Hmmm...well, since I do not have firsthand knowledge concerning this particular "latrine" practice, I'm just speculating on the possible reasons for one to completely "drop 'em" as opposed to merely utilizing the good old zipper portal:

A.) Lack of Modesty (maybe, but I doubt it).
B.) Fear of Being Caught in the Zipper Teeth (a condition called "zipper phobia"...treated by years of intense psycho-therapy).
C.) A Learned Practice During Childhood
D.) Looking Forward to Seeing His Wife, Girlfriend, (Boyfriend?). (My Favorite Options Would be the Wife or Girlfriend). If this is the condition, said member could not be easily extracted from the pant leg.
E.) A Regional Practice.

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by diva]

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am concerned for why Diva entered a door clearly marked "The Mens Room".

I don't find it difficult to talk to naked guys. And I'm not gay. I hang around naked in the shower room, the steam room, the spa and the sauna at the gym. Straight and gay guys all together in one big happy family of narcissistic body-building buffoons.

Just be careful if you go into the little room at McDonalds that you don't have a Junior Burger while your new acquaintance has a Quarter Pounder.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I am concerned for why Diva entered a door clearly marked "The Mens Room".

MA,

It was only an observation...I have an innate curiosity about everything. Markos' question presented a topic of which I have never considered.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Yeah, yeah.

Curiosity killed the cat.

Did you see anything you shouldn't have?

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Did you see anything you shouldn't have?

Eyes wide shut.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Thats nothing, the trouble i have is that I often tie a knot in mine to remind myself of important things, if I forget it really hurts to pee, and gets me some strange looks when I try and keep it off the floor...

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've entered the mens room on several occassions, so I feel as though I'm certainly *big girl* enough to come here and post an opinion.

Why do some men just unzip and pee and some pull down and pee? Maybe it has something to do with time?
Maybe some are in a hurry and don't have time to unzip and pull down their pants? Maybe there is a fear that they'll errr tinkle on their pants if they just unzip? OR, maybe they just think they have a nice *bleep* and want to show it off??

Magestica

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
No longer The Mens Room, but the Unisex Room For Study Of Male Urination Practices.

Magestica

I am unable to support your hypotheses on these grounds:

1. Urinary habits will remain constant in the individual male, irrespective of time constraint on any given urination occasion.

2. Dropping of trousers creates a greater risk of urinary misdirection and cloth staining than allowing the urinary stream to be guided through a lightly held urinary projection device protruding through a zipper.

I submit that it is more down to habit. A male taught to urinate through an unzipped fly will take that with him all his life, whereas one taught to urinate with pants down will do just that.

There is also the issue of why either practice was handed down (generally from father to son).

I would submit in relation to urinary practice parental training in modern western culture, that there may be some conservative religious base to the pulling down of the pants practice, that is linked with accompanying training of not handling the urinary projection device as that could induce blindness.

QED.

* as this post was a scientific report I felt it necessary to fix typos *

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   
LOL

I thought that the guy just wanted everyone to see his undergarments. I dont know why people do that. I have never really noticed it as I do my business and get out asap. Maybe to adjust himself or tuck himself back in neatly. Sometimes my shirt becomes untucked and bunches up making me kinda uncomfortable, i usually go into a stall where there is some privacy so as to not alarm anyone but there are those that really dont care if you get offended by something like that. Something to look out for next time I guess.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I don't understand that at all...

...I've seen it done before though...like what, you trying to pry out some huge amount of tackle?? Need a crowbar to get the ol' fella free?? What??

Quite frankly it concerns me when I'm standing at a urinal and some other bloke approaches anywhere near the rear of me unbuckling and sliding down his kit...NOOOOO...bad thing...

And whats with other guys trying to strike up a conversation?? Don't they know basic Urinal Ettiquette 101?? Its okay to nod (as long as eye-line is aways from the shoulder upward), its even okay to utter a brief "Hey bro" or maybe, but only in a Sports Bar, "So how 'bout them All Blacks"....but I don't, for some strange reason, see the urinal as the best possible place to be discussing the local news, whats for dinner or where you're planning on going on holiday.

If I wanted conversation I would call a friend...I'm taking a whizz for cripes sake man...leave me be already!!

Another thing...it is NOT okay...in ANY circumstances for another man to stand next to you at a urinal IF there is plenty enough room for them to stand further along...its a space thing...a privacy thing...I hate it when you're standing at one of those real long wall-length urinals...right at one end...normally the drain-end, or up the other end if you like to watch the effects of gravity...but anyway, there you are...with a good 5 metres of open urinal space still available...and some bloke wants to stand right on your shoulder getting chummy with ya. NOOOOO....just NO okay...

Next point...whistling...whats that about...is it showmanship?? See who can whistle and whizz the longest?? So what if it take you half an hour to empty your bladder, so what, I don't NEED to hear you whistling every single verse of "B-I-N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-o"

...ummm...okay...I'll stop now...

*looks around and leaves quietly*

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You ever heard of TMFI?
You never ever cease to amaze me! You had me falling out of my chair laughing with all that!

Since we are uhhh complaining about urinals and all, I suppose I'll share some of my pet peeves about some of them nasty women urinals..and the things women do. You guys so openly shared about yourselves, it only seems fair

I do NOT understand how I walk in to a toilet room and there is pee all over the damn seat! I'm like what the hell? Did she try to spell her name? And I'm not going to clean up someone elses urine, so I go into the next one, and the toilet is all clogged up with a roll of toilet paper and errr femine items! Geesh! I just wanna pee already! so off I go to the next one..*you don't even wanna know what's in there* So now there are no toilets, guess Magestica is headed down the hall to the mens room! So that's why and how I *frequent* the mens room hehehe!
And by the way men! Ya'lls bathrooms stink! Could ya atleast spray some of that crap load of cologne you wear in there??! For crying out loud!
Mag

[Edited on 7/9/03 by magestica]

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hey...a shocking thought just entered my mind...perhaps theres another reason Mags goes to mens-rooms...hey...is there something ya ain't telling me Mags?? Like is your name really Mack??

...oh...just know I'm gonna die for that one...

*runs and hides*

arc

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
*laughes madly at magestica*

I got halfway down that thread, the topic of women peeing on the seat crossed my mind.... and suddenly there it is! Yeah its amazingly annoying too. As well as confusing.

I guess some women prefer not to sit on the toilet seat and try and hover above it, hence spraying everywhere. Fine if you're squeamish I suppose, but you think someone that fastidious would clean up the damn mess afterwards!

I've dived into the men's room before now - usually cos I'm bursting and the que to the ladies is just way too long in clubs. You have to tread carefully though - damn floor is always swimming

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Has anyone actually witnessed a guy do this? I imagine nobody will go to the urinal next to him. Maybe he just needs space and that is the way to get it. As far as women peeing on the seats, I read that in Hong Kong some of the Chinese women (mainlanders?) do not understand western toilets so they put their feet on the seat and squat, creating a mess. I don't know if this is an unfair stereotype or if it is true.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've never seen that, although I knew two guys who would do it at the ballgame between innings just for giggles. Tended to freak people out. When I walk into a men's room and there is three empty urinals, I always take the middle one. If someone else comes in, they always walk back and forth behind me a couple of times and finally go in the stall. They will not take the urinal next to someone already there. Cracks me up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join