It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC and Rachel Maddow Getting Sued for 10 Million Dollars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Looks like a cable TV outlet is pissed off and is now suing MSNBC and Rachel Maddow for $10 million bucks !!

One America News Network (OANN) has been defamed because MSNBC and Rachel kept saying OANN was a Russian state propaganda outlet !!

Comcast Corporation and NBC Universal are also named in the lawsuit.

Comcast is involved because they refuse to put the OANN channel on their cable systems.

The deliberate MSM lies and censorship are catching up to them and they must PAY !!

Conservative Network Files $10M Defamation Lawsuit Against Rachel Maddow, MSNBC

The owner of right-leaning cable news channel One America News Network (OANN) has filed a defamation lawsuit against Rachel Maddow and others claiming that the 46-year-old liberal commentator “maliciously and recklessly” smeared the network as a Russian state propaganda outlet.

In a press release obtained by Law&Crime, attorneys for OANN’s owner Herrring Networks, Inc. said they filed a $10 million defamation lawsuit against Maddow, Comcast Corporation, NBC Universal and MSNBC in a California federal court.

The lawsuit tracks a series of longstanding grievances between OANN and Comcast.

🤣

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

$10 million won't touch these dirtbags. Too bad it couldn't be more. LOTS more.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sometimes the pub is worth more than the lawsuit. Never heard of this channel...see...Im gonna go look it up.

That Rick Maddow is one ugly dude btw. Those Tupperware bowl cuts are way out dated.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I really like OANN.

They seem like they don’t get their daily stories from the Deep State and the New York Times. We need them. The report news and not opinion pieces.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
$10 million? That's a drop in the bucket, more than a fair price for spreading their intentionally divisive propaganda.

Repeat after me guys: "Be emotional and angry! The media said something we don't like. AGAIN! Let's keep giving them the reactionary BS their propaganda was designed for! Let's keep giving them what they want! Thanks xue for continuously providing us with our two minutes of hate!"

Suckers.

Meanwhile not a single person has gone to jail.

"Tick tock... tick tock... tick tock..."

Keep holding your breaths guys! The arrests are coming any day now, I can feel it in my soul!"

Lol.
edit on 9/9/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
$10 million? That's a drop in the bucket, more than a fair price for spreading their intentionally divisive propaganda.

Repeat after me guys: "Be emotional and angry! The media said something we don't like. AGAIN! Let's keep giving them the reactionary BS their propaganda was designed for! Let's keep giving them what they want! Thanks xue for continuously providing us with our two minutes of hate!"

Suckers.

Meanwhile not a single person has gone to jail.

"Tick tock... tick tock... tick tock..."

Keep holding your breaths guys! The arrests are coming any day now, I can feel it in my soul!"

Lol.

You were the first one to show any emotion or anger in this thread. Good job on calling yourself out.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I agree the $10 Million isn't much, but like others said their channel will get a lot of publicity now.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

No emotion or anger here, just watching and taking in what I see. Lots of reactionary hate and anger around here these days, more than ever before. Take a gander at the front page and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yeah well firstly, its pretty clear that this network aren't exactly the pinnacle of ethical non-biased journalism themselves... further more, I think a lot would need to depend on whether this MSNBC journalist was reporting it as fact that OANN was a "Russian state propaganda outlet", or whether she was just voicing her personal opinion on OANN's known reputation for blatantly and deliberately not reporting on news that involved Russian interference in the 2016 election.

I mean, filing a 10 million dollar law suit against a 'political analyst' for simply stating there opinion (which doesn't appear to be so far from the truth anyway), kind of feels a little anti-freedom of speech to me... so for that reason, I'm not really convinced this law suit has a good chance of succeeding.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Clear? How bout some links to examples as it seems not to many in here are even really familiar with OANN... And the Russian interference that has been proven out of all the years and millions of dollars is they spent a drop in the buckets worth of money to setup events and counter events pitting both sides left and right aginst each other...that's literally it. Spreading falsehoods on TV as a TV personality which can be proven to harm a business or a person's reputation is most certainly is a good way to get sued. Not sure how you guys do ot down there in kiwi land but that's how things work here.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I mean, filing a 10 million dollar law suit against a 'political analyst' for simply stating there opinion (which doesn't appear to be so far from the truth anyway

Really? Wheres your proof?

Another question

Does it physically hurt when you have to mentally twist things so hard to squeeze into your warped narrative?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Yeah well firstly, its pretty clear that this network aren't exactly the pinnacle of ethical non-biased journalism themselves... further more, I think a lot would need to depend on whether this MSNBC journalist was reporting it as fact that OANN was a "Russian state propaganda outlet", or whether she was just voicing her personal opinion on OANN's known reputation for blatantly and deliberately not reporting on news that involved Russian interference in the 2016 election.

I mean, filing a 10 million dollar law suit against a 'political analyst' for simply stating there opinion (which doesn't appear to be so far from the truth anyway), kind of feels a little anti-freedom of speech to me... so for that reason, I'm not really convinced this law suit has a good chance of succeeding.

There's a lot there to respond to!

The network, as far as I know, is doing nothing the other networks are doing.

If someone is broadcasting on network television, it doesn't matter if it's their opinion or not. Sometimes what you say will get you in trouble. Yes, there's the 1st amendment but it doesn't protect you if you say defamatory things against people or corporations. There's also a right to sue.

Where do you get the idea that OANN is a Russian plot? Is it simply because they didn't report on Russian interference in 2016? Name one network that did? I don't mean fake Russian collusion with Trump, I mean real interference. Which, by the way, was under Obama's watch. He had a responsibility to America to ensure the Russians couldn't meddle.

Last but not least, why does anyone even turn on the TV for news? It's just scripted reality TV.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like a cable TV outlet is pissed off and is now suing MSNBC and Rachel Maddow for $10 million bucks !!

One America News Network (OANN) has been defamed because MSNBC and Rachel kept saying OANN was a Russian state propaganda outlet !!

Comcast is involved because they refuse to put the OANN channel on their cable systems.

The deliberate MSM lies and censorship are catching up to them and they must PAY !!

OANN's reporters, Kristian Brunovich Rouz, simultaneously works for the Russian propaganda outlet Sputnik; when Rouz runs segments on OANN that relate to Russia, OANN does not disclose that he also works for a Russian state-owned media.[54]

en.wikipedia.org...-Trump_content

I hope you don't work for OANN....

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

NO !! 😧

You just outed CIA spies !!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

OANN's reporters, Kristian Brunovich Rouz, simultaneously works for the Russian propaganda outlet Sputnik; when Rouz runs segments on OANN that relate to Russia, OANN does not disclose that he also works for a Russian state-owned media.[54]

en.wikipedia.org...-Trump_content

I hope you don't work for OANN....

No offense, but this comment is remarkably stupid. If something is an opinion and that media outlet discloses that the opinion maker works for other outlets then that is 100% perfectly legal and honest.

edit on 9-9-2019 by Fools because: ..

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Clear? How bout some links to examples as it seems not to many in here are even really familiar with OANN...

I hadn't ever heard of them til now. But I gotta say, I'm rather surprised that some of you right-wing fanatical's hadn't either... kinda seems right up your guys alley.

Wikipedia

Media biased fact check

theguardian.com

Blatantly pro-Trump & anti- Hillary biased reporting. They're apparently even known to spread right wing fake news political conspiracy theories... your impressed, right?

From what I've read so far, they seem like fox news... but on steroids.

Not sure how you guys do ot down there in kiwi land but that's how things work here.

fyi... I don't live in "kiwi land".

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: RickyD

Clear? How bout some links to examples as it seems not to many in here are even really familiar with OANN...

I hadn't ever heard of them til now. But I gotta say, I'm rather surprised that some of you right-wing fanatical's hadn't either... kinda seems right up your guys alley.

Wikipedia

Media biased fact check

theguardian.com

Blatantly pro-Trump & anti- Hillary biased reporting. They're apparently even known to spread right wing fake news political conspiracy theories... your impressed, right?

From what I've read so far, they seem like fox news... but on steroids.

Not sure how you guys do ot down there in kiwi land but that's how things work here.

fyi... I don't live in "kiwi land".

The Guardian will give you some light on this crappy propaganda, 'TV' setup, BTW, the company is OAN, however the even worse tweet account is OANN.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

NO !! 😧

The CIA doesn't spy for America, it works to make a few bob for itself.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

NO !! 😧

You twisted bastard!

Now you've outed bob!

SMH!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

NO !! 😧

You twisted bastard!

Now you've outed bob!

SMH!

I always thought there was something 'fishy' about 'Bob'

edit on 9-9-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join