It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Harbor buildings evacuated in Baltimore after vehicle found with 1,000 gallons of gasoline

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
So I bet these are guys that hustle in areas with contractors, and they just sell them gas on the low low from time to time.
I like what's sold in stations lately called ethanol free. I get better mileage with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: RickinVa
www.baltimoresun.com...

Inner Harbor buildings evacuated in downtown Baltimore after vehicle found with 1,000 gallons of gasoline

Baltimore police discovered a van loaded with 1,000 gallons of gasoline Monday morning and are evacuating several office buildings from the Inner Harbor -- where emergency officials are urging people to stay away, city council members confirmed. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is assisting Baltimore police on the scene. A police spokesperson said they received a call at 11:02 a.m. about a suspicious van and began evacuating 100 E. Pratt St., which houses T. Rowe Price and and global professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Breaking...not much to go on

Given the state of Baltimore, burning the city to the ground may actually be a good idea...

Or a new Rat/Rodent exterminator arrived on the scene. Nuke em with gas, just to make sure.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Some guy trying to make a buck cashing in all those Giant Foods gas points he bought from shoppers last month...

edit on 9-9-2019 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
"The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis"

That being said I saw a picture of the van, and it appeared to have two of those 250 gallon(1000 liter) liquid cubes in the back.

So it had at most 500 gallons in it, and they appear to be mostly empty.

us.letgo.com...
edit on 10-9-2019 by dubiousatworst because: edit with source

Edit Numero Dose

A 2013 E-250 has a cargo capacity of (Payload) 3,530 lbs.
www.autoblog.com...
edit on 10-9-2019 by dubiousatworst because: econoline capacity

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If someone was planning to use gasoline for nefarious purposes, I would suspect they would likely steal the gas.

I would not rest easy. I would be looking at the possibility that there were more vehicles or places sitting around with stolen gas, waiting for the nefarious event.

Baltimore has had more than its share of mysterious fires of late. I would not be so quick to dismiss this one.

Unfortunately, there are too many people that think that erasing the blight and rebuilding for the 1% would be a good thing. Personally, I think it would be disastrous on way too many levels.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
So I bet these are guys that hustle in areas with contractors, and they just sell them gas on the low low from time to time.
I like what's sold in stations lately called ethanol free. I get better mileage with it.

Adding ethanol to gasoline is really just a way to subsidize corn farmers. It actually reduces fuel economy, and whether it benefits the environment in any way is debatable.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Petrol tanker ?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Maybe someone should talk to these guys

<< 1  2   >>

join