It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Harbor buildings evacuated in Baltimore after vehicle found with 1,000 gallons of gasoline

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Well aint that a kick in the nuts. At least all the lawsuits have been dismissed.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Yeah, it must be nice to be a muslim and do something as stupid as bring a look-a-like bomb to school, get questioned by authorities, and then receive gifts galore and trips to the White House, Facebook, Goggle, NASA, and MIT before splitting and running off to Qatar.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Yeah, it must be nice to be a muslim and do something as stupid as bring a look-a-like bomb to school, get questioned by authorities, and then receive gifts galore and trips to the White House, Facebook, Goggle, NASA, and MIT before splitting and running off to Qatar.

How much you want to bet he's now making real bombs somewhere in northern Syria?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

How much you want to bet he's now making real bombs somewhere in northern Syria?

I'm not betting against that, I hate losing bets. His family doesn't like America, I don't trust them.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

If I saw that thing I would have done the same thing....no matter WHICH kid brought it in. I hate to say it, but if a black kid brought that in, he or she would STILL be in jail awaiting trial.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

White kid, too, if his family was middle class or poor. Damn briefcase started beeping...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

So much for "see something, say something", eh?

He only got away with this because there was a traitor in the WH.

This country has become one gigantic mental ward.
edit on 9/9/2019 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: RickinVa
www.baltimoresun.com...

Inner Harbor buildings evacuated in downtown Baltimore after vehicle found with 1,000 gallons of gasoline

Baltimore police discovered a van loaded with 1,000 gallons of gasoline Monday morning and are evacuating several office buildings from the Inner Harbor -- where emergency officials are urging people to stay away, city council members confirmed. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is assisting Baltimore police on the scene. A police spokesperson said they received a call at 11:02 a.m. about a suspicious van and began evacuating 100 E. Pratt St., which houses T. Rowe Price and and global professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Breaking...not much to go on

Given the state of Baltimore, burning the city to the ground may actually be a good idea...

I'd vote for Cleveland, but yeah, I catch your drift.

Also, gasoline weighs 6 pounds per gallon, so 6,000 pounds plus the barrels, which are 60 pounds apiece = 1200 pounds. Pretty sure your average Econoline 250 can't handle that.

Cleveland has one of the coolest hotels on earth, other than that ok..

And the rock and roll Hall of Fame. And the house from "Christmas Story." You'll shoot your eye out!
edit on 9-9-2019 by F4guy because: It must be the war on Christmas. I couldn't spell it.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Sorry Rick. You brought an interesting story about a possible bombing attempt but this crew just dragged it into the political toilet.

It turns out that the dude was stealing diesel fuel not making a bomb after all.

Baltimore Officials Say Suspicious Van Was Stealing Diesel Fuel, Not A Bomb, After Evacuating Parts Of Inner Harbor

baltimore.cbslocal.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They are also saying that the amount of fuel was less than they thought and the danger was also not a grave as they initiallly thought.
They are still doing a sweep of the area.
They are moving in on the van owners who it is believed was just stealing diesel fuel from cars.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
They are also saying that the amount of fuel was less than they thought and the danger was also not a grave as they initiallly thought.
They are still doing a sweep of the area.
They are moving in on the van owners who it is believed was just stealing diesel fuel from cars.

If they're "just stealing diesel", this is a criminal enterprise. Stealing that much (or nearly that much) isn't something the average Joe is going to do. I'm suspicious. There's more to this than we can see.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
What about if it was one large fuel bladder??? Would that fit.
Just finished reading, but a fuel thief was my first impression to begin with.

a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
yes the average Joe does steal gasoline, with fuel bladders in that beds of pick-ups and vans too. Anyone ever worked in a gasoline station knows about this kind of activity.
edit on 9-9-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: schuyler
What about if it was one large fuel bladder??? Would that fit.
Just finished reading, but a fuel thief was my first impression to begin with.

yes the average Joe does steal gasoline, with fuel bladders in that beds of pick-ups and vans too. Anyone ever worked in a gasoline station knows about this kind of activity.

I pumped gas at the age of 15 back in 1972. I don't remember anyone stealing gas but I was just a kid and didn't know the way of the world back then. Great times though. Unleaded was just coming out and was priced at 30 cents a gallon. No one wanted it until it became mandatory.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

i THINK it was only about 80 or 90 gallons still shady but not exactly a criminal enterprise. my buddy in hs used to go where the dealership parked cars out of the way and siphon 2-3 55 gallon drums of gas a week and then sell it to his friends at school. he had one of those old econoline vans from the 70s or something and had a motorized siphon. he never got caught but gas was cheap back then so i never used his services

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I wonder how they confused 80-90 gallons with 1,000.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Many people do not do well with maths.

or the proverbial

"Wow, that is a lot of gas. Must be a thousand gallons."

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

or the proverbial

Today's reporters are like "Rain Man" "About a thousand gallons"..
Among other things..

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
or shot dead reply to: lakenheath24

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

or the proverbial

No kidding!

Somebody was confused.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join