It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Harbor buildings evacuated in Baltimore after vehicle found with 1,000 gallons of gasoline

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.baltimoresun.com...

Inner Harbor buildings evacuated in downtown Baltimore after vehicle found with 1,000 gallons of gasoline

Baltimore police discovered a van loaded with 1,000 gallons of gasoline Monday morning and are evacuating several office buildings from the Inner Harbor -- where emergency officials are urging people to stay away, city council members confirmed. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is assisting Baltimore police on the scene. A police spokesperson said they received a call at 11:02 a.m. about a suspicious van and began evacuating 100 E. Pratt St., which houses T. Rowe Price and and global professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Breaking...not much to go on.

That's 20 x 50 gallon barrels.....must be a big ass van
edit on 9-9-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
www.baltimoresun.com...

Inner Harbor buildings evacuated in downtown Baltimore after vehicle found with 1,000 gallons of gasoline

Baltimore police discovered a van loaded with 1,000 gallons of gasoline Monday morning and are evacuating several office buildings from the Inner Harbor -- where emergency officials are urging people to stay away, city council members confirmed. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is assisting Baltimore police on the scene. A police spokesperson said they received a call at 11:02 a.m. about a suspicious van and began evacuating 100 E. Pratt St., which houses T. Rowe Price and and global professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Breaking...not much to go on

Given the state of Baltimore, burning the city to the ground may actually be a good idea...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Damn...where did I leave that potassium permanganate?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

www.baltimoresun.com...

Given the state of Baltimore, burning the city to the ground may actually be a good idea...

I'd vote for Cleveland, but yeah, I catch your drift.

Also, gasoline weighs 6 pounds per gallon, so 6,000 pounds plus the barrels, which are 60 pounds apiece = 1200 pounds. Pretty sure your average Econoline 250 can't handle that.
edit on 9/9/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

www.baltimoresun.com...

Also, gasoline weighs 6 pounds per gallon, so 6,000 pounds plus the barrels. Petty sure your average Econoline 250 can't handle that.

Anyone want to bet it'll turn out to just be gasoline for somebody's boat?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am right outside of Baltimore. It is a nightmare down there with the traffic. This week president Trump is scheduled to visit Baltimore and also Wed is 9/11. Makes you wonder what someone was planning to do. Scary! My daughter lives a few blocks away from where this is happening but she is not in the city at the moment. Hopefully the street and garage cameras will show how this vehicle got there.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Comeuppance

I think we all know by now that any cameras in the area will be “unusable”.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Probably a prepper wanting to hit the road forever after the zombie apocalypse hits - like in all the movies.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Must be more like a moving 'van', like you can rent from U-Haul. That's a lot of gasoline.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Was someone hoarding gas just in case there was a hurricane?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Comeuppance
I am right outside of Baltimore. It is a nightmare down there with the traffic. This week president Trump is scheduled to visit Baltimore and also Wed is 9/11. Makes you wonder what someone was planning to do. Scary! My daughter lives a few blocks away from where this is happening but she is not in the city at the moment. Hopefully the street and garage cameras will show how this vehicle got there.

Oh? That's very interesting....

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Smoke if you gottem!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I hope the driver isn't a muslim. I remember what happened to the last person who reported suspicious activity from a muslim with a small briefcase that had a timer on it.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Snap, where are those McVeigh boys?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

www.baltimoresun.com...

Also, gasoline weighs 6 pounds per gallon, so 6,000 pounds plus the barrels, which are 60 pounds apiece = 1200 pounds. Pretty sure your average Econoline 250 can't handle that.

Cleveland has one of the coolest hotels on earth, other than that ok..

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I hope the driver isn't a muslim. I remember what happened to the last person who reported suspicious activity from a muslim with a small briefcase that had a timer on it.

Are you talking about the idiot who deliberately built a fake bomb (with wires sticking out and suchlike), and then was stunned when people were freaked out and called the police?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: LSU2018

Are you talking about the idiot who deliberately built a fake bomb (with wires sticking out and suchlike), and then was stunned when people were freaked out and called the police?

I are...

He and his family, after visiting NASA, MIT, and getting $25,000.00 worth of Windows PC stuff on the taxpayer's dime, compliments of obama's administration, hightailed it to Qatar.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

No kidding?...wondered what happened to that dude. It was a "clock" I think.

You got a link to that info???

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Yessir!

Clock Boy

Clock Boy gets gifts

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

That was him. A "clock" with wires sticking out randomly, that literally could not possibly look more like a homemade bomb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join