It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August jobs report showed a strong economy — and that's very bad for Democrats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

There are two halves to the equation. It doesn't matter how much your salary increases. It doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. All that matters is this:

www.quandl.com...

Be delusional all you want about what is bad for Democrats. But the fact remains the real numbers do not support your right wing delusional thinking.

Listen sport...
You all have been preaching to us for years about how Trump will destroy our economy and job market. The opposite has happened. The left has about as much credibility as a $2 prostitute at this point. Even if they did have a valid argument to their BS I still wouldn't listen...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The average American is crushing it under Trump. Why isn't CNN reporting this? CNN is reporting this ...

Can you source that somehow? Define "crushing it"?

Have you not done good in the past and now only recently made money?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The left has about as much credibility as a $2 prostitute at this point.
a reply to: JAY1980

and trump has the credibility of a 99 cent sharpie....

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Already more jobs available than there are people to fill them. 100,000 new jobs is a BONUS.

Interestingly, the highest Labor Participation rate before now was in December 2008.

The month before Obama took office.

Labor participation took a nosedive from there, until Trump took control and began reversing the downward spiral, in 2017.

www.shrm.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I think at this point Trump could be eat'n by sharks with
frick'n lasers on their heads and that would be bad for the
demo crew.

Austin Powers 2024 lol

edit on 9-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
So a few things.

First, lots of new jobs added.

The new jobs report is in and the verdict is clear — no one should believe a single word the Democrats say about the economy.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the number of people employed in August increased by a very impressive 590,000, pushing total employment to a record-high of nearly 157.9 million. The percentage of the population that was employed rose to 60.9 percent, the highest percentage since December 2008.

As a result, despite over 570,000 people joining the labor force, the unemployment rate held at 3.7 percent, near a 50-year low. Unemployment among African Americans and Hispanics also hit all-time lows last month, proving that the ongoing economic boom is still creating unprecedented opportunity for all U.S. workers.

Second, more wage growth.

Average hourly earnings increased at a healthy clip as well, growing by 3.2 percent since last August. It was the 13th month in a row that wages increased by at least 3 percent year over year. That’s tremendous news for American workers. Prior to this streak, wages last increased at least 3 percent in April of 2009.

Third, Democrats keep lying saying it's only the wealthy getting these rewards, it's a lie.

Wage increases were better for workers than managers. While the hourly wage increased 2 percent for managers, it increased an impressive 3.5 percent for workers.

The average American is crushing it under Trump. Why isn't CNN reporting this? CNN is reporting this ...

US hiring slows. Economy added 130,000 jobs in August

Maybe they should headline their article with this ....

The African-American unemployment rate fell dramatically to 5.5% from 6%. That was a record low for the data, which have been collected since 1972. The decline was led by a sharp drop in the unemployment rate for black women.
Hispanic unemployment fell to 4.2% from 4.5%. The race-based unemployment rate is a sometimes volatile number.

Can't do that, that would be real news.

Cracks are beginning to show
Despite the overall solid employment picture, weaknesses are beginning to show.
"It may in part be due to the difficulty in finding workers with the right skill sets given unemployment remains just 3.7%," said James Knightley, chief international economist at ING. "However, given creeping caution about the international backdrop and uncertainty on trade, firms may be increasingly cautious about hiring too."

www.cnn.com...

So according to CNN the record low unemployment is bad! Everyone is working so getting a job is harder, terrible news!

This was not a great report. 130,000 jobs added missed estimates of 160,000. Prior report job numbers was also adjusted downwards.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
More people may be working, but life has never been more expensive. I make about $35k more per year than I did before, because I took on an additional job, because life and health insurance for my family were no longer affordable with my previous (upper middle class) income. Groceries, utilities, damn near everything is going up, and has been for quite some time now. That's what needs to be fixed. The power of our dollar.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The fact that a strong economy can be bad for any political party should tell us something about how toxic this has all become.

No one is asking democrats to cheer on the President. But we are asking you to cheer on the country.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Unemployment is a stupid stat and has nothing to do with how many people are working. Employment figures are actually what should be considered, but does not count people working under the table unreported.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Which has nothing to do with Trump. All you did was highlight how important it is to get wage increases, which Trump is doing.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Can you source that somehow? Define "crushing it"?

Have you not done good in the past and now only recently made money?

I got 2 raises in the 8 years under Obama, 10% increase in 8 years. I got 2 raises a year every year under Trump and it amounted to a 30% increase. My wife has had a 40% increase in her salary.

All of that is meaningless though, what matters is the average American, I sourced the average wage growth. Go back and read my OP, I will not source the same info twice. This is all after the Obama "recovery" where it was claimed it would take a magic wand to get the results Trump is getting.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You are literally the only poster in this thread with any brains. star for you sir, everyone else is brain dead

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: butcherguy

There are people that are not considered unemployed because they are not looking for a job. Housewives and adult children living off of their parents wealth count for some of these.

So I hear, but the facts are the facts.

Looking for a job or not, they ain't working, therefore they are those who are unemployed by it's purest definition.

you are talking to partisan robots who can't think for themselves, they literally are as dumb as it gets lol

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

While I do not disagree Trump can't do much about that.

It went from 47.4 to 43.4 in Obama's 1st term.
An 8.5% loss of value, with little wage growth to compensate.

Then to 41.2 in his 2nd term.
5.1% loss of value with little wage growth to compensate.

Only 17% wage growth in his entire 8 years for Obama, with 13% total depreciation of the USD, so actual wages were almost stagnant.
2018 Data isn't out yet, but we do know average growth has been over 3% for the past 13 months, so a figure of $51,800 is reasonable. So about 7% wage growth in 2 years. In 8 years, if this trend continues, we will have average wages of over $63,000. That is 31% wage growth for the average American, almost double what Obama did. So yes, the value is decreasing, which is why wage growth needs to increase, like it is under Trump.

2008 41,334.97
2009 40,711.61
2010 41,673.83
2011 42,979.61
2012 44,321.67
2013 44,888.16
2014 46,481.52
2015 48,098.63
2016 48,642.15
2017 50,321.89

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

First, lots of new jobs added

But not as many as expected.

www.wsj.com...

U.S. Adds 130,000 Jobs in August as Hiring Slows Down www.wsj.com... › livecoverage › august-jobs-report-analysis 3 days ago - The new jobs report shows there has been a clear slowdown in trend employment growth, with the 3-month and 6-month averages both at around 150,000 now, down from about 230,000 a year ago, said Paul Ashworth, chief U.S. economist for Capital Economi

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They should lie just so people feel good?

The experts say we are headed for a recession. trump thinks he can wish his way out of it.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Unemployment is a stupid figure. But if we use employment figures the same idea is shown. Black employment rate is higher than it has ever been.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: butcherguy

They should lie just so people feel good?

The experts say we are headed for a recession. trump thinks he can wish his way out of it.

The recession was already supposed to have happened. Trump's economy has staved it off.

Next recession will hit during Trump’s first two years
Published: May 2, 2017 11:38 a.m. ET

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Expected by who. Wage growth is crazy high for the AVERAGE American, not the wealthy. Super low unemployment, and super high employment .. but you people will never be happy. You could get a $50,000 bonus and complain it wasn't $51,000, because #OrangeManBad.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
More people may be working, but life has never been more expensive. I make about $35k more per year than I did before, because I took on an additional job, because life and health insurance for my family were no longer affordable with my previous (upper middle class) income. Groceries, utilities, damn near everything is going up, and has been for quite some time now. That's what needs to be fixed. The power of our dollar.

Did your insurance just go up when Trump took office? Or did it happen a few years before that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join