It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong support for Trump linked to willingness to persecute immigrants and commit violence.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Immigration Illegal Immigration.
You got an F.
Please re-sit your exam.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Instead of reading what the Republican Party alleges the Democratic Party stands for, why don't you read their actual platform (last revised in 2016):

Democratic Party Platform

LOL, you need to listen to the debates. Learn what the democratic party is since 2016

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: chr0naut

But this "study" isn't in the purview of "scientific" 🤣

Many so-called "credible" science publications often print loads of "credible" stories and then suddenly print extreme bias stories when needed (aka "paid off").

Sadly, all too often, those biased stories and inserts are automatically believed by the gullible 😎

But here's some hope of relief ............

RX Prescription for TDS / "Trump-Xalta"

So, did you read the actual article in New Scientist, and can you refute any of it on scientific grounds?

Or are you just butt hurt?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: chr0naut

Instead of reading what the Republican Party alleges the Democratic Party stands for, why don't you read their actual platform (last revised in 2016):

Democratic Party Platform

LOL, you need to listen to the debates. Learn what the democratic party is since 2016

It is hardly a debate if they all agree. I would have thought that the debates represent what the Democrats do not agree on.

Why don't you listen to the current Republican party debates? Where are they? They used to do them. Back in 2016, they didn't even include Trump at all, so much for his credibility with the party back then.

And, are you suggesting that all the stuff that Trumph, Faux News and the Reeeeeepublicans said back in 2016 is no longer valid, because it sounds exactly the same stuff they are saying today.

edit on 9/9/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I always enjoy fake studies used by fake news to fan real hatred.

To be fair, it’s not a fake study. It’s actually a pretty decent paper. The problem is that the article the OP is using is seizing on one singular aspect of the study and leaving out all the parts where the author says “we can apply this data to practically any group anywhere on the political spectrum, in any country, anywhere.”

Leaving out tidbits like “we can expect those on the extreme left to violently support those they identify with” sort of changes the whole premise of the paper.

Can’t imagine why the OP did that.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: clubheadjobby
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

They are cultists who need to de deprogrammed.
Oh look! It has returned!!!

But...this isn't the disciplined and insightful rebuttal we had hoped for and expected? 🤔🤔

What's going on here? Judging by the condescending tone of the OP, one would think it would easily "trump" us with facts and dismantle us into oblivion, yet we got "cultist" and "deprogrammed"....not very insightful at all as you can see.

Pretty pathetic and a bit pitiful considering this must be your preeminate response to an otherwise lack luster thread, thanks for the laugh bruh.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I tend to be extremely skeptical of political studies. They get abused all the time.

This is another example of that.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The article is based on horse's ass methods 😃

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You shouldn't insult slobbering morons.
a reply to: Lumenari

Wait just a second... did you not recently post in a response that you were tired of being called names?

I believe you did... I can find it for you if you want....

Or you can just admit that you can dish it out but can't take it... is that what it is sweetie???? poor thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
oh wait, you are complaining that trump is arresting ILLEGAL immigrants?
lmfao.

the mexicans arrest illegals too,
can you find an article how bad that is as well?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh absolutely. I went and found the actual paper, though, to see what it was about just out of curiosity. The author says they used Trump because a) he says dumb things sometimes and b) he was running for election and taking office when he (the author) was doing his study. It was convenient rather than targeted. The actual paper is much, much more even-handed about things than the OP and his source try to make it out to be, which only serves to highlight the abuse you mentioned.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You actually have to watch the video! Never mind you're a goner.

Try again?

edit on 9-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well, after reviewing the paper in question I retract my criticism of the paper as bring fake. That was an unfair criticism on my part.

My criticism of the fake news spreading real hate (and the OP willing to follow) stands.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well, after reviewing the paper in question I retract my criticism of the paper as being fake. That was an unfair criticism on my part.

My criticism of the fake news spreading real hate (and the OP willing to follow) stands.

edit on 9 9 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Be careful using logic and reason when dealing with liberals.

You could hurt someones feelings and cause a unicorn to die.

Nobody wants that on their conscience.

A reply to ketsuko, who posted this:

I tend to be extremely skeptical of political studies. They get abused all the time.

This is another example of that.
edit on 9-9-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

Apologies for the scrambled reply, o am using my phone.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

You shouldn't insult slobbering morons.
a reply to: Lumenari

Wait just a second... did you not recently post in a response that you were tired of being called names?

I believe you did... I can find it for you if you want....

Or you can just admit that you can dish it out but can't take it... is that what it is sweetie???? poor thing.

I believe sloberring moron translates to :
Salivating Simpletons.

You'll have to forgive her, some of us haven't received our p.c. re-indoctrination just yet.

Dont worry comrade! Butt hurt is usually temporary. You remove your head from your ass and the pain goes away.
Clarity of thought and bowel regularity usually follows, so you should keep a mop handy.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: clubheadjobby
How much actual research have you done on this subject? Because it only takes about 3 minutes to find data that actually says it's leftist rhetoric that increases violence.

Let's do a test to see who is less tolerant. You wear a MAGA hat for a week and I'll wear a Hillary hat and we will compare stories. If you make it a week that is...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This OP is literally the best example of how a low info brainwashed mind can be used for political purposes in sowing hate and division on the internet:

BUT, more importantly:

FYI everyone, dickheadjobby is a sock puppet account designed for one purpose - to espouse extremist ideologies, so engaging it is a waste of time - as is evidenced by the lack of subsequent posts. In my opinion, don't engage the thread when you see the OP is the author.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
even in the small sample posted to start the thread it's easy to point out the steering nature of the language used, just more junk science. Seriously you couldn't find two paragraphs that weren't as blatant?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Strong support for Trump linked to willingness to persecute immigrants and commit violence.

I guess someone missed Trump haters willingness to persecute:

Gun owners.
Corporations.
bankers.,
Ceo's.
Anyone that doesn't believe in the church of climatology.

But hey we don't care about cognitive dissonance very much on ATS.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join