It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress probing Air Force C-17 stayed overnight at Trump property in Scotland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Lmao. Why would you try to tie the fuel bills to the resort they stayed at? Like explain here they get reimbursed for their choice. This TDS is getting a sane asylum crazy.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I didn't...the articles did.

And the original Scotsman broke the news to the US. There has been an immense upgrade in traffic since 2017. Sure, it may be a coincidence, but its not to hard to see the circumstantial evidence. More traffic, more troops, more rooms rented....at a place that was losing 3 mil a year.

I posted a link...not that you will read it.

www.scotsman.com...

a reply to: randomthoughts12

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Want to know what happens when places are overloaded with traffic and can't handle more? Other places get more traffic. No one is being forced to stay at Trump's place. I don't care about innuendo, I am more than willing to listen to actual facts about wrongdoing. Is Trump telling the military to send soldiers his way? Do you have that memo?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

This is a conspiracy site....meaning one speculates on things. Like Epstein, and Pizzagate, and Birther movements... It's a bit disingenuous to expect me to provide documentation when you know there is none.

Its why I typed the word c-i-r-c-u-m-s-t-a-n-t-I-a-l.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

*shrugs* could have also just been the crew thought it would be funny, the cost was in range with the requirements and it was on the route they had planned to take.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Could be, or not.

Here is a list of peeps that have used Trumps hotels.

www.vox.com...

All I am saying is that if this article said Clinton, then I am guessing this speculation would be fact by some folks.

The problem is that nothing becomes public so we will NEVER know!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So there's nothing. Keep looking, let us know if you get something.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Conversely...prove it wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
This has to make ya go hmmm. Seems a C-17 crew stayed at the Trump resort in Turnburry after stopping to get fuel. Most of those planes stop in Germany or the Uk to fuel. Allegedly there is $11m in fuels bills to that area. Seems the golf course went from losing $3 mil last year to making dough this year. Thats not fishy or nothin.

taskandpurpose.com...

www.politico.com...

www.military.com...

You missed out on the original, 'The Guardian' report, more than a year old....Turnberry Spaceport Eh!...backed by the US Government....

I've always time for a good laugh, but this is hilarious.

www.theguardian.com...

Extract, document seen by The Guardian of Scottish government and Prestwick airport business.

*GPA refers to Glasgow, Prestwick Airport.
edit on 9-9-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I cant speak for anyone else, but for me it wouldn't matter I have been involved with the planning as an AWACS FE, and benefitted from a good working relationship as a Crew Chief (ops likes you, getting upgraded to ops accommodation happened if the money was there) has lead to some cush stays over the years.

Edit: 11 million in aviaton fuel at an airport has nothing to do with the resort, and I have never been anywhere that had Per diem cover food and drinks where I was staying, that wasn't a deployed location.
edit on 9-9-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

There is nothing to prove wrong. You already admitted there is nothing.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I admitted nothing. I provided sources and a theory based on circumstantial info. You provided..... hot air.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I sourced and quoted the Army flat out stating nothing unusual is happening and provided actual cost of the various hotels in the area where Trump's is the cheapest.

I left the hot air to you.

I admitted nothing.

You admitted this.

It's a bit disingenuous to expect me to provide documentation when you know there is none.

Like I said, when you find something real let me know, I will be interested in it.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Why would the army have anything to do with an air force plane?
Nothing has been proved OR disproved. And thinking I have access to classified material, much less post it on ATS is just disengenuous ...all because you want to prove some point.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I think one of the main issues is not that the crews stopped at Turnberry but that the huge increase in military refueling has made the government owned Prestwick Airport profitable. Without this extra business the airport the airport could have been closed which would have been really bad news for Turnberry. It's a business relationship that goes back years:

Here is a link to a thread by a journalist from the Scotsman that goes into more detail.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Why would the army have anything to do with an air force plane?
Nothing has been proved OR disproved. And thinking I have access to classified material, much less post it on ATS is just disengenuous ...all because you want to prove some point.

I used army in the armed forces sense. If you want to be a fool, be a fool. Just don't be surprised when you are laughed at for such.

"The stopover of a U.S. Air Force C-17 in Glasgow, Scotland, is not unusual," Brig Gen. Ed Thomas said in an email.

"The Trump property -- at $136 a night -- was less expensive than the Marriott property -- $161 a night -- and both were under the per diem rate of $166," Thomas said.

www.military.com...

But hey, it's Trump, and a conspiracy site, so I guess none of that matters, because circumstantial.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Just gotta have the last word don't ya....even though you have no actual valid point to make. Anyone who uses the Army as a general term for the Armed Forces is the fool.

And there is much more to it than the one aircraft, as described in the several articles listed.

And I defend Trump mostly, so please don't paint me as some hater....thats lazy.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Oh no!

Impeach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The little airport by Trump's formerly failing resort

The Prestwick airport received $0 in payments from DoD between 2008 and 2017. In 2018, however, DoD payments suddenly spiked to $6.5 million, spread out over 359 contracts. So far in 2019, DoD has made 555 payments to Prestwick for more than $10 million—a grand total of $17.2 million.

qz.com...

I do wonder what supporters like you tell yourselves to make the outrageous profiteering, lies and corruption tolerable?

Is it the whole HILLARY!! thing? Obama the muslim? Does that make it feel better?

Cuz at the end of the day you back, defend and support the most corrupt and incompetent President in our nations history...hands down.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Have you ever seen me make those arguments?

Please assume you're communicating with one person. Group think isn't my thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Group think isn't my thing.

Might want to learn. It seems to be the 'in' thing.

I'm looking at starting classes next month.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join