It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge: The More Heads the Better.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Considering that there are many in this forum that create and manipulate avatars, I came up with an idea that revovles around incorporating an artist's avatar ability and having it manipulated by another avatar artist, obviously to both's satisfaction.

I would simply call it collective art or a collective avatar, etc.

The idea is that one creates the basis for an avatar, say for example I have an original avatar by Umbrax and JAK modified it, and another adds modifications, etc.

This will create a better community bond, a community friendship, among members and artists, and further would facilitate communication. The end result is two or three or four artist coming together to create one hell'va avatar(s).

What'cha think? Challenge or not? Though artist like to work independently, can they also work together, and if so, does it enhance each's abilities while enhancing their combined collective abilities?

They challenge is yours. You must decide among yourselves to accept this challenge placed before you. There is no prize, per se'. Simply the satisfaction of knowing that with a combined effort, recognition will enhance both, as well as requests for your awesome works that you produce. Draw back....I think not, but then again, you have to decide.

I will simply provide the first collective piece.
Original avatar concept by member Umbrax and modifications by JAK

seekerof

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I loved the end result of that avatar and I would gladly participate in another collaborative project.

JAK

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'd be happy to do such a thing again.

Jack

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Since I have limits in my image creating tools I think I should start.

This is a wallpaper I just put together. It is a cleaned up cut out of a macross jet pasted onto a photo of Earth. I wanted to post it in its full size so there is more to work with by the next person(JAK?).

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Don't know what you had in mind, Umbrax, but man, I'm seeing some seriously fun modding to that Umbrax: lightning effect or lighting in the swirling clouds; blinking light effects on that aircraft like a regular aircraft, etc.

seekerof

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I've been doing this a lot lately, taking a picture and putting them on high res space pics. I didn't have anything in mind for a final product. Really it is only limited by imagination. I wanted to give as much freedom as I could for the next modification. I can't wait to see the end result.

JAK

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ok, my swine of a computer has been playing silly beggers!

Jack

[EDIT - Through the miracle of doing absolutely nothing it is stable once again. Computers - total logic.]

[edit on 8/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Some Robotech fans are going to drool over that one. I'd love to see that on a 000000 background. Slick.

I'll put something else up for us to work on soon. This is fun

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What happened, guys? That's it? No more?

How about this? Someone posts two or three theme-related/feel-related images, and then each person combines the images into an avatar in any way they like and with any additions they like and posts it here. Be interesting to see the diverse and contrasting results from different creative minds. Whadyathink?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I like the idea wecomeinpeace.

As for the challenge, I just haven't been inspired by anything to put on this thread yet. Trust me it has been on my mind. Maybe someone else can start the next one?

new topics

top topics

join