It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police forces advising 'grab bags' on twitter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone else finds his a bit troubling but why would all UK police forces be advising people to get grab bags.

Items include, medication, water, food, radios, chargers for phones, clothing ect.

Do they know something we don't , it started off with the Scottish police now all areas are tweeting about.

Link below
mobile.twitter.com...
mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

Reading the tweet, it sounds like a way of "training" the population to think out of the box regarding situational stability. The guidance, however, is a bit light on emphasizing that "this is just a good idea and suggestion" ... leaving some to wonder if the police anticipate bad things happening.

Authorities have plenty of contingency plans; how much use they are in actual emergencies is something else.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
meh seems like a gimmick, just something for them to put on twitter, I have a bag like this with a few bits in it in case of emergency anyway. Not anything like what I think some members might have but I do have a bag I can just grab if I need to with a few essentials in it. Makes sense to be ready for the unexpected.

I wouldn't read too much into this.
edit on 8-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Why on earth does one have to have a twitter account to read this?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley

Interesting, I don't have a twitter account and was able to read it.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A hash tag 30days30ways is now trending with other emergency services tweeting about it.
It's just weird how they have left it so ambiguous and just before the brexit deadline
The Twitter page for 30days30ways has a picture of a black cloud with a huge red ball bouncing across a field.
Might be nothing just seems out the blue and a bit strange.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kerrichin
A hash tag 30days30ways is now trending with other emergency services tweeting about it.
It's just weird how they have left it so ambiguous and just before the brexit deadline
The Twitter page for 30days30ways has a picture of a black cloud with a huge red ball bouncing across a field.

mobile.twitter.com...

If you read just a little into that twitter link its clear that this is just a annual thing, apparently this is the fifth year of preparedness month. Its always in September.

30days30ways

Yup just one of those social media things, been going on since 2015 and its never been some kind of subtle hint to get prepared for something. It also always happens in September so its not naff all to do with Brexit rather September seems to be the traditional month that they hold it.

Sorry OP but this is a total dud.
edit on 8-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Ummm...I thought...everyone...had at least one bug out bag...

It’s smart to have several...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The shock waves from the Epstein keystone is the next biggest threat I see facing the UK. How will the nation hold up if a large section of the establishment goes on vacation at her Majesty's pleasure?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

mobile.twitter.com...

If you read just a little into that twitter link its clear that this is just a annual thing, apparently this is the fifth year of preparedness month. Its always in September.

30days30ways

Yup just one of those social media things, been going on since 2015 and its never been some kind of subtle hint to get prepared for something. It also always happens in September so its not naff all to do with Brexit rather September seems to be the traditional month that they hold it.

yes but with very little promotion and more of an American thing now British emergency tweets and councils too.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Don't know if anyone else finds his a bit troubling but why would all UK police forces be advising people to get grab bags.

I find it quite worrisome to be fair, I guess this has something to do with Hurricane BawJaws...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
For the love of all things sacred...just take it for what it is ...a WARNING TO BE READY TO LOOK AFTER YOURSELF INDENENDANTLY OF CURRENTLY EXISTING AND OPERATING SYSTEMS.....stop pretending and fabricating and postulating.....its not that complicated just difficult for non-conspiracy/reality indoctrinated people.

We call it bugout bag....you call it grab bag....it could one day mean the difference between your life and your death....life is not a big game of cry wolf.

Marten up.

Build a Grab-Bag for each of your Family members....include in it a map with directions to a safe meeting spot so everyone has a central location to aim for if anything goes haywire.

www.youtube.com...

Anything is better than nothing.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ramping up project fear again?

Boris is about to prorogued Parliament and leave the EU early, maybe they have figured the remainders might riot

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley
The question is, why don't you have a twitter account in this day and age?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I understand the point of a grab bag and should put one together for myself. But do they expect people to go to work or walk around with an extra bag in case of a SHTF scenario. Let's say it all goes tits up and we need to bug out, what are thousands/millions of people going to do exactly say in London. All those workers in the city where are they suddenly going to go? What about those that are travelling on roads etc when it all goes wrong. Or take my situation, I'm a truck driver I could at some points be over 100 miles away from my lorry depot or even stuck in the middle of London. What do they expect me to do just ditch my companies truck and start walking somewhere ?

A bug out bag is good if you're a stay at home person and can keep up to date with what's going on every minute but if you're like the majority of people who work in a town or city you're pretty much screwed.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Agreed.

I am over 40 miles away from home when at work, and travel in by train so I have no chance!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

mobile.twitter.com...

30days30ways

yes but with very little promotion and more of an American thing now British emergency tweets and councils too.

These, kit bags and emergency preparedness info has been regularly handed out by UK emergency services and councils for 60 years or more - they're not promoted that much to avoid scaremongering. It's the regular month for it but emergency services and armed forced are also doing a far more extensive and advanced one if a Brexit No-Deal comes through (covers food, water, fuel, medicine)

Secret/general tips(but legal within Official Secrets Act framework:

1) Know where your nearest red/BT telephone box is - in the event of nuclear war/major terror attack that has destroyed all TV/RADIO/Internet/usual methods of communication a public telephone will be playing a recorded message providing instructions of where to evacuate to ------ A lot of the North and Scotland still use climbing to the top of the biggest hill in the county and shouting and hitting a cowbell to pass the warning to the next city/village 40+ miles away , which obviously isn't very effective.

2) Have a kitbag/bergen pre-packed and ready in case of emergency evacuations with ample ammounts of any required medications - In the rare event of evacuations you have to move quick.

3) If you live near a nuclear power plant (I.e North West/Lancashire) register your details on the Nuclear Disaster Warning and Informing .gov database and your local council's Detailed Emergency Planning Zone. learn and memorise what the various sirens mean (next major Nuclear Disaster Drill is at Sellafield on 27th Nov) - Nuclear Emergency siren automated messsage/evacuation plans/what sirens sound like and their meaning is 01946 748 996

4) In the event of any major natural disaster, war, terror attack - emergency services will tell you where to evacuate to. The detailed plans exist for every area of the UK but it's rightfully highlly illegal to read about or research these contingency plans or discuss anything in public/online for National Security and Terrorism Act 2007 laws.

5) Don't dither like a #ed dog in the highly unlikely event you ever have to evacuate - you should be out the house in under a minute tops with all the gear required for a couple of weeks.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I understand the point of a grab bag and should put one together for myself. But do they expect people to go to work or walk around with an extra bag in case of a SHTF scenario. Let's say it all goes tits up and we need to bug out, what are thousands/millions of people going to do exactly say in London. All those workers in the city where are they suddenly going to go? What about those that are travelling on roads etc when it all goes wrong. Or take my situation, I'm a truck driver I could at some points be over 100 miles away from my lorry depot or even stuck in the middle of London. What do they expect me to do just ditch my companies truck and start walking somewhere ?

A bug out bag is good if you're a stay at home person and can keep up to date with what's going on every minute but if you're like the majority of people who work in a town or city you're pretty much screwed.

In a reality based scenario those who leave the Cities will live the longest....full stop....you are building the Bag to make a safe egress from any large populated area BEFORE people begin looting and shooting.....or if you live in England looting and stabbing with sharp weapons lol lol lol......the idea is for you and all of your loved ones to get out of Dodge City ASAP.....and meet up ASAP....hence the Maps in the bags,

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

doesnt sound very reassuring , arent they meant to reassure us of our safety
rather than fear mongering and say prepare a bug out bag

just in case ?

In case what ?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Maybe they invested their pension funds into a company that makes bug-out bags?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join