It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump scraps secret meetings with Afghan, Taliban leaders after deadly bombing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

a reply to: DAVID64

Same as always......Orange Man Bad.

....Orange Man is a really Bad negotiator.

So what do you suggest for negotiation with the Taliban?

Lags

What do they want? They want us to leave Afghanistan so they can have their reign of terror in peace.

I say, we don't negotiate with terrorists, we defeat them. If we can't defeat them, then we shouldn't keep putting our soldiers at risk.

Exactly. We've had how long now to "improve" Afghanistan? We haven't improved Afghanistan. Nobody ever has, it's not something outsiders can do. Ideally, we pack it up and leave permanently, and admit we picked a losing fight out of arrogance. All that's left is to discuss when discussions can happen. Flexing each other's weaponry back and forth hasn't accomplished jack s#.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Reposted
edit on 8-9-2019 by Arnie123 because: Repost

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Reposted

I saw that before the edit.

If both must be mature to negotiate, as you say, then what happens when one isn't? Do we keep bombing them from the air, or do we pull up shop, vacate, and leave diplomatic channels open for future talks?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Lags

i suggest getting rid of the R.O.E. and short of nuclear weapons, we bring our FULL capabilities to bear and start putting some lead downrange.
It's like dealing with a bully. You stomp the sh** out of them and make them afraid of EVER messing with you again.

Sometimes, you have to out monster the monsters.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Lags

You didn't ask me, but I'm offering that he suck it up and prove The Art of the Deal has merit instead of running with his tail tucked.
Running with his tail tucked? Did you not read the source???? He tried to negotiate and they killed Americans, seriously, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

So they died in vain then. There's no room to get to work and figure something positive out at any point, gotcha.

We've managed this with other groups before, NOW blowing people up means no talking? This should a minor matter for someone who views himself as such an esteemed negotiator.
Welcome to the warzone???

Death is inevitabe in these instances and no amount of BS spin will take away from that, their deaths were never in vain as they wore the Uniform to defend the US from all enemies foriegn and domestic.

Yes, blowing up people means "No Deal", infact, this may result in a retaliation, which will lead to more deaths.

But not you, rather, let them continue to deal, it was just a couple Americans and other dead folk, no biggie, let them walk all over us.

Ridiculous post.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Reposted

If both must be mature to negotiate, as you say, then what happens when one isn't? Do we keep bombing them from the air, or do we pull up shop, vacate, and leave diplomatic channels open for future talks?
It wasn't just an edit, I am posting on my phone and sometimes the touch screen hits send before I can finish completing my post, that is why I opted to REPOST.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So Trump tried to go with peace and you slam him for it.

SMH

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Reposted

Huh? Why are you so backwards?

When one doesn't? Like killing Americans before a possible deal? Yeah, REAL MATURE.

What was Mature was when the Administration wanted to deal for the better, like troop withdrawal.

As far as I am concerned, this Admin wants to slowly pull out and "talks" were in the process, no future or anything, just the CURRENT.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Lags

You didn't ask me, but I'm offering that he suck it up and prove The Art of the Deal has merit instead of running with his tail tucked.
Running with his tail tucked? Did you not read the source???? He tried to negotiate and they killed Americans, seriously, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

So they died in vain then. There's no room to get to work and figure something positive out at any point, gotcha.

We've managed this with other groups before, NOW blowing people up means no talking? This should a minor matter for someone who views himself as such an esteemed negotiator.

Death is inevitabe in these instances and no amount of BS spin will take away from that, their deaths were never in vain as they wore the Uniform to defend the US from all enemies foriegn and domestic.

Yes, blowing up people means "No Deal", infact, this may result in a retaliation, which will lead to more deaths.

But not you, rather, let them continue to deal, it was just a couple Americans and other dead folk, no biggie, let them walk all over us.

Ridiculous post.

And continuing to do the same damn thing over and over and over again with no change in results is the epitome is stupidity.

Remind me when troops first set foot there under Dubya.

Remind me of today's date again, would ya?

And point out the marked improvements between Date A, and Date B here.

It's not letting people walk on you when you realize you haven't accomplished anything of note in nearly 20 years. The country is still a tribal cesspit. The country will ALWAYS be a tribal cesspit. Even the Russians had enough vodka-soaked brain cells left to figure that out.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

In somewhat related news:

Trump administration officials are split over whether to expand the CIA's role in Afghanistan after the US reduces the number of troops in the country, according The New York Times.

New York Times: Trump administration officials split over future CIA presence in Afghanistan

This can't be a case of CIA-terror, must be the Taliban. And this aint a conspiracy, just the usual Forever War stuff.

Sure! However. Maybe he will stop meeting with White Supremacists as well now? There's ...errr... "hope" at last!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So by logic...

thehill.com...

Study shows US weapons given to Syrian rebels ended up in ISIS hands

hands of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), according to a study released Thursday.

A 200-paged report by Conflict Armament Research analyzed more than 40,000 weapons retrieved from ISIS in the past three years, finding cases in which the weapons were originally supplied by the United States, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Libya.

“In summary, evidence collected by [Conflict Armament Research] indicates that the United States has repeatedly diverted EU-manufactured weapons and ammunition to opposition forces in the Syrian conflict,” the report says. “[ISIS] forces rapidly gained custody of significant quantities
 of this materiel.” 

Nobody wins in this theatre....

YAYY! Let's play the the blame game

Edit: this was under OBAMA if anyone missed it.
YAYYY

edit on 8-9-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Moral of the story, not even the taliban or Kim Jung un or Maduro nor any other small country or terror groups take Trump seriously.

The scare tactics and threats stopped working after everyone started calling trumps bluffs... And bone spurs
edit on 8-9-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Lags

Ridiculous post.

And continuing to do the same damn thing over and over and over again with no change in results is the epitome is stupidity.
Did you forget? This is a new Administration.

It's not letting people walk on you when you realize you haven't accomplished anything of note in nearly 20 years. The country is still a tribal cesspit. The country will ALWAYS be a tribal cesspit. Even the Russians had enough vodka-soaked brain cells left to figure that out.

It has been a cesspool and Obama didn't bother doing anything about it, at least this Admin is really to negotiate, but when they kill Americans, NOPE, however, at the very least, they tried.

I will agree, What can you expect from a S#hole country?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Lags

Ridiculous post.

Did you forget? This is a new Administration.

It has been a cesspool and Obama didn't bother doing anything about it, at least this Admin is really to negotiate, but when they kill Americans, NOPE, however, at the very least, they tried.

I will agree, What can you expect from a S#hole country?

Ultimately, Arnie, I can't blame any president for anything other than keeping troops there. It's an unwinnable battle, and we need to wash our hands of it, the sooner the better.

When it comes to negotiations, s# or get off the pot. Stick to your guns, or withdraw. If we're not going to stick with negotiating when they try to trip us up, we need to speed up getting out.

We're on the same exit page here, believe it or not. It's the more nuanced details we differ on, like negotiation.
edit on 9/8/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Lags

i suggest getting rid of the R.O.E. and short of nuclear weapons, we bring our FULL capabilities to bear and start putting some lead downrange.
It's like dealing with a bully. You stomp the sh** out of them and make them afraid of EVER messing with you again.

Sometimes, you have to out monster the monsters.

Totally agreed David.

Sadly even doing this, the same old people that we have here slamming your president for trying to negotiate will still have a bang at him if he decided on doing as you suggest IMO.

Lags

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The Blame Game! That's right, why blame idiots like the Dick Cheney and Dubbya for this War on Terror Bollocks when you could just blame Dronebama instead, right?

Hillaryous!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
We've been negotiating with them since 2013. I don't like, I'd rather we dropped a MOAB on them, but that's not up to me.

Trump was not asserting that he didn't know who they were. Otherwise, you'll have to prove it.

We've been in Afghanistan for 18 years. Many of you bemoan this fact, and rightfully so. But where are your strategies? Or those of certain other representatives? Nowhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Shallow thinking Democrats STILL not understanding the Strategies.

I can't wait for a clear decisive Democrat Candidate for President 💥 💫 😃 💫 💥

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's business as usual for the taliban.
Meeting or no meeting.

They chose to murder people.
But you can blame trump if you want to. TDS strikes again.
No kidding, no point in trying to convince these folks with extreme TDS, there is no discussion to be had with RADICALS.

Lets just be real about this.

No, Trump didn't get anyone killed, this is what we are dealing with and nothing more.

Course the leftist radicals are no different than their Taliban counterparts.

Funny. A cult 45 member who each and every day writes a post in every single thread about Trump calls other people radicals?
Rofl. Touché

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This whole thing would have been done and over with a long time ago if we'd just had the intestinal fortitude to be a little ugly with our stratagems, and use their own superstitions against them.

Its a shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join