It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump scraps secret meetings with Afghan, Taliban leaders after deadly bombing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

"Unbeknownst to almost everyone, the major Taliban leaders and, separately, the President of Afghanistan, were going to secretly meet with me at Camp David on Sunday. They were coming to the United States tonight," Mr. Trump wrote in the first tweet.
Mr. Trump then wrote that "unfortunately, in order to build false leverage, they admitted to an attack in Kabul that killed one of our great great soldiers and 11 other people."
www.cbsnews.com...

Trump playing with fire, getting people killed!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Yes. Trump tweeted about it.

He said in his tweet that they thought this would give them more bargining power.
This action was taken due to the meeting trump was secretly arranging.

So yeah

I have proof he is responsible and that he even knows it.

So if he had not have tried to hold this meeting and the Talibans keep on killing who would you then blame Silly?

Lags

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

"Unbeknownst to almost everyone, the major Taliban leaders and, separately, the President of Afghanistan, were going to secretly meet with me at Camp David on Sunday. They were coming to the United States tonight," Mr. Trump wrote in the first tweet.
Mr. Trump then wrote that "unfortunately, in order to build false leverage, they admitted to an attack in Kabul that killed one of our great great soldiers and 11 other people."
www.cbsnews.com...

Trump playing with fire, getting people killed!

The taliban has been killing people for decades so yes, by all means, blame trump.
He wouldn't have bothered to even talk to them if they weren't already murdering people.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Technically speaking, every president that puts people in Afghanistan militarily is responsible for their fate when they get turned into crispy critters when the Taliban bombs something. Dubya was responsible for some, Obama was responsible for some, Trump is responsible for some.

Now, the question is, does he want their deaths to be in vain? Because not trying to hammer out some semblance of a peace agreement is making them die in vain. Wasting their lives for nothing. Being disposable commodities. I can keep going here, but you get the idea. Not doing something to attempt headway here is showing just how low on the totem pole those people really are to Trump -- "Eh, why bother. You deployed for nothing anyway, shrapnel absorber."

And if THAT'S the case, it's high time to make like a Looney Tune show and exit with our feet stirring up a cloud of dust. If it's not worth negotiating, then hang it up and leave them to fix their own problems their way. NOW, not in 20 more years.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Trump said himself, they killed 12 people, one American, to try and get leverage at this upcoming meeting.

No secret meeting, no need for leverage.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's business as usual for the taliban.
Meeting or no meeting.

They chose to murder people.
But you can blame trump if you want to. TDS strikes again.

Here is a list of terrorist attacks in January.
I stopped counting at a dozen confirmed taliban attacks in the first ten days of January alone.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-9-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That's business as usual for the taliban.
Meeting or no meeting.

They chose to murder people.
But you can blame trump if you want to. TDS strikes again.
No kidding, no point in trying to convince these folks with extreme TDS, there is no discussion to be had with RADICALS.

Lets just be real about this.

No, Trump didn't get anyone killed, this is what we are dealing with and nothing more.

Course the leftist radicals are no different than their Taliban counterparts.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Good job, cancel the meetings so the terrorists can get away! You'd think the leaders of the Taliban being within the grasp of the authorities would be a perfect opportunity to take them out, but nope, apparently not. We can't let all those weapons we sold to the Sauds go to waste!

What a joke, why would you not continue the meeting and put one of the LEADERS of the Taliban in jail for something they already admitted to doing?

What bizarro world are we living in when our president is too dumb to see he had them in the palm of his hand? Stupid!
edit on 9/8/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's a war. What do you expect? It's literally a war zone.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Exactly, it's not trumps fault

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You didn't answer my question.

If I rob a bank, can we blame Trump?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Sillyolme

Secret meeting you say? I was never aware of any secret meeting... oh.

Faux pas aside, Trump has made an effort to engage in diplomatic solutions, it will never happen, these Taliban won't change their spots, no matter how many olive branches Trump offers.

This secret cum not so secret meeting proves that those terrorist tusken raiders have the 'friends today, enemies tomorrow' policy, noboby will convince them to change their ways, no matter what leader or diplomat.

You did what you could prez, talking to brick walls would make for better diplomacy.

That's right unfortunately. The Taliban are not going to change their MO.

I assume these negotiations were to be about pulling out of Afghanistan..big can o worms there. Despite any deal that could of been reached, the Taliban would quickly resume and maybe ramp up actions after the U.S. has left.

Quite a predicament.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
So, what's the point of this thread???

Same as always......Orange Man Bad.
Have some sympathy. They don't have many straws left to clutch.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

....Orange Man is a really Bad negotiator.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

So what do you suggest for negotiation with the Taliban?

Lags
edit on 8-9-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Crap quoting

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Lags

You didn't ask me, but I'm offering that he suck it up and prove The Art of the Deal has merit instead of running with his tail tucked.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

We could threaten them with plastic straws?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Lags

You didn't ask me, but I'm offering that he suck it up and prove The Art of the Deal has merit instead of running with his tail tucked.
Running with his tail tucked? Did you not read the source???? He tried to negotiate and they killed Americans, seriously, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Lags

What do they want? They want us to leave Afghanistan so they can have their reign of terror in peace.

I say, we don't negotiate with terrorists, we defeat them. If we can't defeat them, then we shouldn't keep putting our soldiers at risk.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Nyiah

Lags

Running with his tail tucked? Did you not read the source???? He tried to negotiate and they killed Americans, seriously, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

So they died in vain then. There's no room to get to work and figure something positive out at any point, gotcha.

We've managed this with other groups before, NOW blowing people up means no talking? This should a minor matter for someone who views himself as such an esteemed negotiator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join